Pod Your Reef

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yoshiod9

fred, you won't be disappointed in the blue polyped monti!  i've got the same sp. as tigahs and that thing seriously just catches your eye!  

tigah- i was counting polyps on the lord frags last night and guess how many i found on my 'two' polyp frag from november?  yeah....thats right...there are eight polyps now(three full sized, three mid-sized and a couple baby polyps...they all extend their feeders though, so i'm happy!!)!!!  

the green atlantis frag(two polyps when bought) now has three full polyps, and three baby polyps(all extending feeders, as well!) for a whopping grand total of 6 polyps!!!  that guy is growing like something else!!

my m. monasteriata(superman) decided to slowwwlllyyyy fade out.  i can still see red polyps but can no longer see ANY base!  weird, huh?  oh well, i'll just have to go buy a larger piece the next time around.  :D

awesome! you're getting some nice growth rate there. my atlantis green hasnt been putting out babies for me tho. =/

sucks w/ your superman tho...

Originally posted by yoshiod9

oh yeah...lovin the 'reef-trendy' and 'bling' stuff.  lol.  didn't think you were actually gonna do it.  :D

I got tired of trying to dispell the stereotype, so I'm just gonna run w/ it. =P but I see you're qualifying your title w/ the "semi-"...tsk tsk...don't half ass it, brotha.

but uchiha's avatar is freakin hilarious! it inspired me to join the dark side.

Fred - let me pull some pictures up and send them to you via PM. I'll do it soon. peace.

damn u. :P haha.

here's some trendy frags to keep you happy, you closet trendy reefer.

Green and baby blue acan

0214c.jpg

Rainbow acan

0214a.jpg

Red & Grey acan lord

0214b.jpg

yeah...that color morph is sweeeet. haven't seen one like that before until jendub over at RC got a hold of it. I can't afford that tho... oh well.

edit: but if you do bid and win that, all I can say is: you go, girl!

shoot, i've been watching the jendub piece go up and up and up since bugsy posted it last night. if i could steal anything from anyone's tank...it would be that piece. lol. (i would never steal it though!!!...stealing is wrong!)

i seriously don't think a frag like that is worth that much!! there exists a fine line between "trendy" and "insane" ... ;)

and whoever wins that, i hope you know you're quite insane! but it's like we say, we spend money where we want... right? muhahaha, poor fellow.

Originally posted by NaNO ReeFiN

Poor guy or gal who ends up with that piece. I might be able to get the same color morph in the near future for very cheap.

I'm your new best friend.

nanoreefin...if you get a frag of that exact color morph, lmk as i'll gladly spend 200shipped for a one polyp piece of that!

last night i though...haha! i should bid 200 and watch to see how many people DON'T bid. then i went on to check it and it was already 205 or something. blew my plan outta the water. lol. for the price people are paying for this single polyp you could get a decent sized 'normal' colored acan colony! honestly though, if i had the cash, i would spend it on this piece.

nice, yoshiod...you finally owned up to the trendy reefer status. haha.

if it had 2 polyps, i'd pay a grip. 1 polyp just seems too risky.

and nano_reefin...put me down too if u get it. =)

Reefer Addict

Tigah-Why would you want it if you could get it for cheap. :) It would no longer be trendy!!!!! jk for all the the sensitive types out there...

Plus, you are going to be a lawyer. You will be able to buy at least two frags of that colony just by winning your first high profile case. :P

well it's assumed that I would get it ONLY if there were no cheaper alternatives. for sure I'd rather go for the cheaper one! haha.

haha. w/ the amount of time I spend on here and on my tank, I will be lucky to even get a job as a paralegal. =P

Reefer Addict

What is scary is the auction has 5 days left to go.

I still think Tigah should buy it. :) Come on Tigah, pull the trigger. :)

"He who risks nothing has nothing"

haha. at this rate it will be like $700 for one polyp soon. I dont have that kinda money to blow.

I'll place a bid tho. maybe i'll get lucky. hahaha.

lol, yeah tigah, i had to do it sometime or another! =) well she's local to you so you could do a pickup, ya know? hell, if i won it (with the hot 200 i was willing to spend!) i was willing to drive down to pick it up. lol.

btw- after graduating(one year left...yeah, i'm a year behind!!....plus i've got grad school[eng. lit] AND i've got to get my teaching credential) i'm planning on going to law school(not too sure what it entitles though...one day it kinda just popped into my head and that became the plan!). what part of law, exactly, are you planning to focus on tigah?

just take the LSAT...that's it. no prerequisite courses like most grad schools. it's a "default" or fallback for a lot of folks who don't know what to do exactly w/ their B.A./B.S.

i was planning on doing gov't. (I'm not a corporate law type of person)...but things have changed now, so I'm clueless.

Reefer Addict

It would take a REAL MAN to buy that polyp at the final bid price.... I used to be a man. Went under the knife and under went the procedure of voluntary castration.....I got married. :P

My wife would take my other 'nut' and throw it out of the house like she did with the first one after I said, "I Do". :P

Archived