SaltCritters.com

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

Do I just cut through the top of the colony then cut from the underside. I'm going to use a diamond bit on a Dremel tool. So is it as easy as that or is there something more. So basicly how do you frag your Acan? Here is the pic of the colony with the red what i want to cut off. Thanks

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's the 2.5 polyp piece i just fragged off of my 'colony'. 2 semi-adult polyps and .5 adult polyp. this piece was kinda flappin around so i had to frag it off the colony! i also finally fragged the hillae and some other stuff.

lol. man, i've got those guys floating around everywhere in my tank. if we do a trade anytime i'll be sure to drop in some nice zoos for ya daniel.

hah, thanks danny

tigah, bh2o's morph is more vibrant than mine, his is literally glowing in ur pic, my morph is a little more subdued, a lot less "shimmer" but still intense red. looks like u found urself a nice frag of red :)

yeah..bh20's is like a hot pink. it's pretty crazy! I bet under my mh's it will become more subdued tho. =/

I need to set-up a PC tank, man.

now that u mention it, it IS like a witchhunt... oh well RC was too big for me anyways, i'm a nano-reef kinda guy :)

at least we're kick back here, THANKS NANO-REEF!!! we love u! :D :D :D

it's better over here

Most deff, the mods over there go crazy, if some one has the money let them buy what they want. NR is a much better plac to share your stuff. Greg raises his hat to NR.

Imagine if she sold all of her colony and kept that little frag for herself...insane. I could pay for a semester of school, and a 12 pack with those funds!

i still think its ridiculous... i guess he's got a "money tree" shedding benji's by the second ... if he doesn't, then i think he's got to have his head checked; the seller should donate that $$$ to a "save the reefs" charity... LoL

:D :D :D

Tigah, thought you'd be interested in this. A shot of the original colony the acan came from. The frag I got is from the inflated polyp and everything left of it. So you have the only nice looking polyp shown on the pic. :)

btw...this tank was lit by a 250 watt 20k halide. I think the color may darken, but not too much.

9040my-acanthastrea.jpg

wow. it looks beat up. glad it bounced back. thanks for the pic...mine looks similar to that color under the 20K, so I'd be happy w/ that. =)

yeah it seemd really bleached when I got it compared to now. It became a nice vibrant pink in my tank.

I noticed that third baby polyp too. Have you noticed a high growth rate with this acan so far. It eats like a pig!

yes...it grows very fast. another frag I am keeping grew like 3 baby heads in the past 3-4 weeks.

edit: very TINY heads tho. haha. but still heads w/ feeding tentacles.

damn, it took forever for my original frag to even look good. I guess it was really damaged. Growth only picked up in the last month and a half, but no baby polyps.

Archived