inTank Media Baskets

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. my 'fallback' is the teaching cred and the english lit. MA(better pay with the higher education).

well, i'm sure i'll have a bunch of questions to ask of you within the next year or so...lol. be prepared! :D

Originally posted by Tigahboy

haha.  at this rate it will be like $700 for one polyp soon.  I dont have that kinda money to blow.

Pffffft. Who are you trying to fool:P

hey have any of yall seen a frag, one or two polyps, for around $100 or $120? I dont want lord really just any kind, i want the crazy growth from a cool coral.

Acan subechinatas (usually misidentified as acan "echinatas") aren't too expensive at all.

$59 for this whole colony of acan subechinata at phishybusiness.com

Premium773.jpg

And fellow reefers sometimes sell acan lord for $50-60 (sometimes even lower) per polyp...just gotta hunt them down. Most of the more common red and grey acan lord should be selling for around $50-70 per polyp anyway.

actualy i have seen a frag well colony like htat for $50 taht has probibly 40 polyps, i'm buying that this week thanks. The one i'm gonna get is that color purple with a lighter purple splotches

Yea, I say 40 but I'm not really shure the polyps look bigger than that pic but the colony is larger, so I dont know, but either way I'm deff getting it, any one want frags come to me soon all I want is maby 10 polyps. I'll post pick later on this week.

ha ha well as long as its still there, has been for a few months, It'll be in my tnak and as soon as I frag I'll start a thread and see who wants em, I'd probibly rather trade at the end of the day so we'll see.

I thought all of us English majors went into insurance...;) lol.

And $100/polyp for coral is ridonculous...pure and simple..lol.

This market can't stay afloat forever, especially with the growth rate on some of these Acanthastreas...eventually it'll come down.

Cheers,

Fred

Fred - I'm surprised it took so long for you to post that. I would've expected you to have jumped in w/ that comment back on page 2 (or in the other heated thread a week ago)...have u been on vacation? hehe. j/k. ;)

A pic I took last night of my OC acan...

0216b.jpg

I noticed last night how different these 2 frags of acan lord look...they actually came from the same mother colony, yet look like 2 completely diff color morphs. just good to know for folks who are about to purchase one. only difference is the amount of light they received...one on the right got more light and one on left was more in the shade.

0216a.jpg

yeah it does.....ILLEGAL CORALS!!!!!! you owe me a one polyp frag...otherwise i'll send the CPA(coral protection agency) to your front door! just kidding! that last colony is quite nice though. :D

Archived