inTank Media Baskets

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

Oh, and there was a x-mas colored red and green acan lordhowensis up for auction a couple of days ago, and that photo was also taken from the real owner w/o consent so ebay yanked that auction off the listings as well. so just be cautious when you're bidding for acan, since they are expensive and you don't want to end up w/ a bunk frag.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

np prob. looks like they did pull it off the listings. haha. stupid guy trying to scam folks. I hate ppl who try to take advantage of consumers.

tigah, didn't know where to get ahold of you to brag(publically!) about my new stuff as of today! i picked up blue polyped m.danae(similar to your piece but a 3x4in colony), a bluish echinophyllia with reddish-pink highlights, a green and purple p. damacornis, a nice 1.25in diameter polyp(with a few babies) of bright orange yuma, and an ultra rare color combo of favia (purple and green!!!!!). anyway, sorry bout your thread being nazi'ed. oh well, we still have our 'sanctuary' left. =) i'll post pics sometime tomorrow...if there is time...superbowl sunday, ya know?!

i forgot this thread was here!

time to share my new lord with you guys... 11 polyps, some on the back are hard to get pix of, but this is the front of it... :)

1jnipg

here it is mounted

1jniqg

i'm growing fonder and fonder of this color morph every day, i can't wait for this thing to start sprouting new polyps...and i'm going to be damn proud when the guy starts expanding skeleton onto the rock that it's mounted to...

yeah, i saw that on rs already! nice piece uchiha! we'll have to trade sometime(i've got hillae, common color lords, echinophyllias, oxyporas...all kinds of rare stuff.). take care of the babies!! :D

yoshio, lookin forward to seeing your blue echinophyllia. My hot pink echinophyllia is still a blob (small frag). what's the growth rate on these echinos in comparison to the acan?

I mounted my rainbow acan echinata to a dead chalice skeleton last week. It's starting to encrust onto the skeleton now! Check out this pic:

0206a.jpg

I think it will look cool when it fully covers the circular chalice skeleton. acan frisbee.

Just me, but I can't understand why you all would pay too much for an acan, when you can get SO MUCH MORE of other fascinating things. But thats just me. Trying to comprehend.

hehe

Why do some folks buy Honey Nut Cheerios and pay $5 per box when they could buy the grocery store's brand "Honey Nut Rings" for half the cost?

Why do some folks pay $100 for a mint condition comic book from the 1950's when they could take that money and buy 50 nice brand spankin' new comic books?

Sometimes you feel like a nut; sometimes you don't. Almond Joy's got nutz; Mounds don't.

Originally posted by jaykay

Hmmm....   NICELY STATED!!!  Though thats just not me, hehehe.  I shop at costco.  But I see where your coming from.

and that's cool if it's not for you. variety is the spice of life, man. =)

Haha. Tigah, that is a brilliant explanation of it. ;) Why do I have a 20L full of acros instead of a 40gal full of softies? Some like unique tanks and creatures. The hardcore nuts on here are the ones who spend their food money on their tanks. ;) ::cough:: tigahboy ::cough:: ;)

well a homie came over and wanted to buy a frag of the mother colony so I took a dremel to the mother colony, but as I was cutting, I figured I'd just frag some more instead of constantly taking her out and fragging again later.

So here's what's remaining in my tank of the mother colony as of now:

0206b

yea, in pix acan can look huge! almost around the size of a quarter per polyp, but in real life they're only the size of a dime or smaller (like mine)... -_-

but they're still awesomely beautiful no matter how large or small they are

Archived