inTank Media Baskets

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...it's small world after all.

I go to one of my local LFS in Lockport, NY......and the conversation turns to Tigah..lololol.

Turns out, "Randy" is RandyO on RC...which I didn't know..and RandyO is one of our local reef society members (Upstate Reef Society), along with me.

We had a little conversation about your "Rainbow" Acan...and then I told Randy I wanted a frag of his red/grey Acan...but it's friggin' scary just how "small" the reefing community is.

Cheers,

Fred

lol. thats awesome fred! randy has the fastest growing frags i have seen! i want to buy some but there is no way i'll pay 3-500 and then worry about shipping! i have to be able to see it personally before i buy anything!

Originally posted by FAC_WNY

So...it's small world after all.  

I go to one of my local LFS in Lockport, NY......and the conversation turns to Tigah..lololol.  

Turns out, "Randy" is RandyO on RC...which I didn't know..and RandyO is one of our local reef society members (Upstate Reef Society), along with me.  

We had a little conversation about your "Rainbow" Acan...and then I told Randy I wanted a frag of his red/grey Acan...but it's friggin' scary just how "small" the reefing community is.

Cheers,  

Fred

That's freakin hilarious...Man, I wish I was in your position tho. Randy is a freakin Acan MASTER and has one of the best acan collections ever! you're so lucky, especially if you can get acan from him! haha...but the two acan he doesn't have yet are my "rainbow" and "orange crush"...;)

Originally posted by yoshiod9

lol.  thats awesome fred!  randy has the fastest growing frags i have seen!  i want to buy some but there is no way i'll pay 3-500 and then worry about shipping!  i have to be able to see it personally before i buy anything!

danny... u know what they say (specifically Reefer Addict):

Those who risk nothing have nothing...

haha, take a chance, if you see one you like, go for it...! the trick is to hound the seller on day of delivery to make sure things look good... and to BE HOME to accept the package! hahah ;)

I really like his Red/Grey....how often do you see a true "grey" coral? And besides..since we're in the same reef society..I get "local discount" on a frag..lol.

I just hadn't seen the guy in almost a year and a half (really since the last meeting before my last system crashed due to the "amazing exploding halide" lol)..didn't realize that the "Randy" I'd heard about in the Acan trade was RandyO..lol. That and he doesn't talk much about it on our boards....

Although...Tigah.....can you slip me a polyp of the Rainbow..lol..I wouldn't mind having something Randy doesn't...;)

J/K

It's just crazy..lol

Cheers,

Fred

Yeah..about that...guess who isn't paying 5 bills for coral anytime soon? lol

Not reef-trendy...I'll buy anything that I think is interesting/colourful. There are plenty of Acan colour morphs I have no desire to own...however..the Red/Grey and Rainbow I like. (Just like I like that crazy Rainbow Monti "danae" that's out there).

And it's always good to have something that even the local Acrack dealers don't have...lol.

Cheers,

Fred

I just got my acan lord frag from BelowH20. We did an even swap w/ my red grey and his maroon w/ stripes.

Very nice colors...looks like uchiha's color morph.

0218a.jpg

the trade went very very smoothly. from L.A to Texas. hehe.

jenniebutterfly

hey tigah could you get a pic of all of your acans together? i really love them. i still have not been able to find any near me yet, but one day :) but if you could get a group shot that would be cool :) jen

jenniebutterfly

wow tigah that is so pretty. have you thought about letting them incrust onto one rock, you know stick a rock in the middle of all of them and then cut it away or is that not possible? i don't know much about them, but they sure are beautiful, thank you for posting the pic :) jennifer

hehe...that would be an interesting way to mount them. I might try that w/ 2 color morphs when I move them into the 67g...not enough space right now so most are unmounted for the moment...

no prob...the acan were actually spread out and I moved them together temporarily just for the pic...hahah. kinda silly I know. =P

Archived