Top Shelf Aquatics

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah...I have to get another image editor until i can get the full version of photoshop. My Photoshop trial ran out. I'll take some regular old pics tommorow though but they wont be as good my other ones.

:)

Nah, I'm just bustin' his chops. He gets fine colors (He won't give up his tek light for the world).

It's just that at the LFS, they have a 1000 watt halide on their display tank, along with various 400 watters. The colors that they get out of their SPS blows my mind. The bali slimer that I just bought (In my bro's tank) is a frag directly from their display tank. The colors are incredible, but w/o the 1000 watter, I doubt it will be as 'radioactive' green.

Pictures

Bali Green Slimer

BaliSlimer.jpg

Purple Monti Danea gift from my brother.

purpledanae.jpg

Turaki

Turaki.jpg

New Sixline. Still one of my favorite fishes. I think this will be it for the fishes for a while though. Maybe one more but it would be a goby or something small like that.

sixline.jpg

Awsome rock of Pink Zoas

pinkzoas.jpg

scarf_ace1981

pili i got my T5s this weekend. it only comes w/ 4-39w bulbs for my 40br(2actinic and 2 10000k). could i purchase stronger bulbs? it also came w/ a parabolic reflector , i'm working on adding better reflectors.

Travis, yes, definatly still on :) . Two months is fine, more time for stuff to grow and color up.

Scarf_ace, cool what brand did you get? I wouldnt call it stronger bulbs but you definatly can get better bulbs with more PAR, etc. ATI bulbs are pretty much the best out there and thats what i'm using (the aquablues and blue pluses).

Snoop, looks similar but it wasnt from live aquaria :)

Did you decide for sure what you are going to do for your calc/alk?

Are you just going to get a kalk reactor?

Whats the type of t5 lights you got, where did you get them from and what are the bulb types? :)

Anything else special you do to maintain your sps? :)

scarf_ace1981

ever since i sarted to purchase all my hardware i've gone with everyone's recommendations. for the lights i didn't and i may be paying the price. you tell me. i went wiht the Nova Extreme 36" w/ lunar lights from drsfostersmith. by stronger bulbs i meant more wattage.

by the way i must say again that i really like your tank man. your an inspiration. the purple monti and pink zoas are great.

shaz: The T-5s are in a Sunlight Supply Teklight Pendent, 6x 39w, 3 blue plus bulbs and 3 aquablues. Purchased from ReefGeek.com.

I am going with just the Kalk reactor because as much as i would like to get a Ca Reactor, i cant afford to set it up with all the components.

Beyond dosing B-Ionic daily and recently 3 gallon water changes every other day, nothing special to maintain the sps.

Scarf_ace: Thanks :) but there is still so much i dont know. I've got a long way to go :P

You cant get stronger bulbs without changing all the ballasts and stuff but you can get the higher quality ATI bulbs which should make a difference. The Nova should work fine for you. I would experiment with small cheap frags first before you get any bigger colonies though. Water conditions are really the most important factor IMO so as long as those are on par than you should be able to keep some monti cap, digis, etc.

Archived