inTank Media Baskets

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

Double post...

Hey Pili, your tank CAN be saved! Just take out most of those dinky power heads and construct that CLS you drew up. I would be awsome!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that was wierd, fixed now.

Travis you havent seen all behind the tank and the fuge light and the cords and the cables, and the ahhhhhh!!! I dont know if it worth setting up that CLS any more. I'm getting ready to start selling off some of the more common softies/lps that are easy to get again.

Snoop, hopefully, yes. I have to talk to oogie though to find a time to pick it up.

Pili, I'll bet most of your cords are those Power Heads. Make the closed loop, get rid of all the powerheads.

Or, I guess you could probly start a "new" tank and just transfer everything over from the old tank. Plan the "new" tank so it is EXACTLY what you want. That's what I would do.

BTW, if you use a sump in the "new" tank, it would make things a heck of alot easier and allow you to hid alot of the equipment, and you can have a fuge in it.

Not worth starting a new tank now (moving in June).

Originally had a sump which broke :(

Ok, as for the cords, well the powerheads arent even half of them. I think there is 11 or 12 in total.

Damn Right! Lazy is the name of the game!!

Be on halo in a little while, have to finish my homework. Cant play for long though, i'm super tired.

Nothing new really. I got my kalk reactor but i am still debating on how to set it up.

Also probebly going to get the H and S A110-F2000 and put it on a ledge behind the tank and i will deal with any micro bubbles later.

I ordered new RO filters too so that should take care of the algea.

Grrr...just got our power back. Damn wind storms but we got out of school really early.

Anyways...New idea!

I think i am going to set up a quick and simple sump out of a 10g (i can fit it through the doors in the stand).

I already have the overflow box from before (i have to seal it with silicon though because the seal for the bulkhead thingy leaks a little) and the mag 7 from before. Going to Tee off the mag 7 though and run about 30%-40% of the flow through a phosban reactor (filled with carbon/phosphate absorber) and back to the sump.

Solves the microbubble issue if i was going to run the H and S from that ledge also so that will be in stand along with the kalk reactor.

I think i will build a durso too for the overflow box because that thing is so loud when running noramlly.

Also, plumbing back up to the tank is going to be really simple, just plain flexi tubing straight up to the tank with a hydorflow on the end.

Sump will just have a few baffles for a bubble trap.

My question though is it worth the effort to set this up for the remaining time that the tank will be set up?

The tank looks great, Pili. Don't worry so much man! I think you should keep working on it before the move. At the very least, you can use it as a learning experience for the new setup when the time comes.

Rob

yeah, your right. My parents are stressing me all out with moving my tank (justified though because i am notorious for starting things at the last minute).

Got my kalk reactor set up today and by golly it works!! No kalk precipitate, a somewhat large change in pH but not horrible (first dose), and a nice slow dribble from the line. Still need to get a timer for the mixing pump but I can do it manually until i get one.

Sorry :)

6x39w HO

--FRONT--

BluePlus

Aquablue 11000k

BluePlus

Aquablue 11000k

Aquablue 11000k

BluePlus

--BACK--

I do like the color of the tank overall but everything looks kinda washed out (i'm thinking b/c of the blueplus) so i think i might try replacing one or two of the blueplus with the URi Super Actinic that is going to be coming out in a few months or Replace one of the blueplus with either another aquablue or GE Daylight.

Pili, I must hate you now. I was originally going to simply add a sump to my 15G, but your tank has almost single-handedly inspired me to move up to a 40B instead. I say almost, because my other motivation is a snowflake eel.

Seriously, though, awesome tank and I've been enjoying following along.

Archived