ReefCleaners.org

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sea man dan

You would get a lot more flow in the tank if you cleaned those power heads , the top water wouldnt be so stagnat (well it appears to be). I learned that the hard way... : - ) But it is a beatiful tank no doubt , but it would be more slick without all the algea , but im sure you already knew that. hehe. Are u still running the remora?

Believe me, i know about the pumps (just an FYI though, the pumps were turned off for the pic. thats why the water looks stagnat). I clean them out a little but i really need to take them out and scrub them good.

I'm running a H and S A110-2000 skimmer now and it totally kicks a$$, way better than the remora.

scarf_ace1981

wow pili. looks awesome. if the algae wasn't there it would look 10x better. have you seen my 40br. it's nothingto brag about. wish i could get lighter pics.

sea man dan

whys that , because your moving . About how much was your newer skimmer? And why do you say its so much better?

SeaManDan: Yes, i am moving to Orlando, FL at the end of June but my tank has to be down by the end of May.

The new skimmer cost $450 but it is so much better than the remora. Everything about it is better; the pump, the construction, the coolness, the skimmate, everything.

Cam Barr: I am just running my ATO through a kalk reactor and doing water changes. Thats really it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
scarf_ace1981

pili can't wait to see this back up and running. all the best. i'll be in orlando on july. 4 days of chillin'

sea man dan

I think he is ignoreing us , because if he gives in and responeds he might break down and cry because the thought of tearing down the tank and the potiential crash once he gets it set up! Its happened to me... i gave a good cry in ... its OK phily just cry , let it out , we wont laugh .... I think

JP , but i wish the best of luck on the move!

• 3 weeks later...

Broke the tank down yesterday. All of the sps are at a LFS (although 2 didnt make it through moving) and some of the lps and softis are at a LFS in FL.

As soon as we get down to FL, we are going to start our new sps system in the garage :)

Archived