Coral Vue Hydros

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

Thanks!

I really have to get off my butt and get some pics together. I dont think i'm doing anything tommorow so if i am not lazy, i will do it then.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am so lazy! I'll go take a fts now but tank is in the best shape. There is some red slime in a few places (need to get new RO prefilters and membrane).

Nice!

How do you keep that Calurpa in check? I'm thinking about adding alittle to the 10g when it's set up, but I don't want aplant that's going to over run the tank in a few days.

I dont really. I just let it grow, some of it will go sexual and die off (i just run carbon and make sure my skimmer is clean), and then more will grow in its place. The cheato also helps slow its growth.

Occasionally i trim peices when it going to touch coral but for the most part i just let it grow.

Thanks.

Finally figured out why i was having trouble maintaining my Ca too. My magnesium level was aroun 950 ppm so i've been raising up over the past couple days and last i tested it was about 1250 ppm which is definatly a step in the right direction.

Thanks Dane!

I was planning to put it over the light because the only place other place to put is to the side of the tank and that would be kinda awkward. I could just put a bucket under the squirt for just in case. I have that pvc thing over the tank so i could hang all sorts of stuff from it.

Hey now, moved to the large reef section.

Anyways, i'm starting to really get annoyed with this tank and i'm ready to move and change tanks. I feel all my effort to plan out my setup when i started has gone to waste as almost everything that i started with i have replaced as it has broken or not functioned correctly. I am constantly trying to fix something or rig something up and now my tank is looks like its been sloppily thrown together. Grrr...Just letting out my frusteration.

On a brighter side, since raising my magnesium which was around 900, up to 1600 (a little high), my calcium has risen to above 400 as well although my alk has dropped slightly. Other wise nothing else has changed in the tank since my last FTS.

Archived