ReefCleaners.org

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

Thanks Babycakes and PandN! I ordered the teklight from reefgeek.com who were great to work with (although they forgot to give me a sticker that my brother got when he got his light a week later :( ).

I do like the color although personally i could use a bit more blue but thats just me. The majority of my SPS actually colored up although some did brown out but i think this was because of the sudden change of lights in combonation with a small ammonia spike (snail died). Growth also has increased also and my frags are encrusting as good as ever.

Yeah, Sebea is my younger brother. We are both in High School so we still live together. Cant wait to go to college though and get out my town (so boring).

Will take a FTS and a shot quick shot of the SPS.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like any new aquascaping, i'm still adjusting lots of stuff, moving some rocks around, etc. but this is it as of about an hour ago.

FTS

Oct28_003.jpg

SPS

SPSoct28.jpg

And My Garbage Bag Canopy!!! Just a heavy duty garbage bag, some staples, and a strip of wood. Looks pretty darn good too despite the wrinkles.

BagCanopy.jpg

BagCanopySide.jpg

omgosh, sebae's younger than you? aren't you like 15? wow! yall two must be the youngest reefers on this forum with the best reef equipment. yall's parents must've let christmas come early this year :D

yeah, been thinking of buyin some t-5s to add alongside my geisemann nova pendant if i ever upgrade to a new tank....IF i upgrade. *sighs*

lol, will be 16 in a month so i consider myself 16 :P . We get a few presents here and there (occasional frags, salt, and stuff) but for the most part we paid for it all ourselves. Mine came from savings to buy a car, lol. Reef > Car.

lol. you went with the reef rather than the car :D but how are you going to drive to the LFS and buy even more corals?!

yeah your garbage bag canopy doesn't look too shabby, but you still need to get yourself over to Homedepot and make yourself a canopy. isn't aaron making a diy cabinet for his tank?

yeah, hes making a custom canopy with my uncle but i have that whole PVC contraption and soon to be closed loop with loc-line all over the place so i think it would be a PITA. Will definatly do it on my next tank though because i really like the clean looks.

my fancy new computer!!! lol :P. I'm still getting used to the new operating system but so far so good. Much easier to network to the windows dominated network in my house than my old PC laptop. Now if i can only remeber the WEP number for the wi-fi than i will be set, lol.

like the quote in your sig maeda. just noticed it.

Wow I really like the T5, makes me really wish that I had bought the one at my LFS's going out of buisness sale. I also really like all the SPS, I'm gonna have to add a few extra frags to my tank

thanks, the t-5s were awsome at first, then some of my softies bleached and some SPS browned out and i didnt like them so much, but now everything is coloring back up better than before so i love them again.

Most important thing i have learned from keeping reef tanks is patience and to just go with the flow to see what happens. Always think out stuff and never make and impulse desions.

i actually put a loose baffle in pump chamber that prevented any microbubbles but without it, there were tons. I look back in the old pics to see if i can spot it out for ya.

Do you guys think that there is enough flow through the aquafuge to put the heater back there? It would get that big ugly black wire out of the tank.

I also got another fish. Not going to tell you what it is until i can get a good pic but a clue is that it has a big head...

Archived