SaltCritters.com

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, i moved my tank successfully last weekend out of my room and i got new carpet put in (its so much nicer than the old one - so soft:P). I was going to move the tank back this weekend but i got a cold and i havent been feeling good enough to do it.

Snoop: My brother is going to be entering the contest and i have been helping him out with planning etc. but we can release any details yet: . He is going with a 2.5 minibow.

hey, i replied in a pm:)

Will be moving my tank back to my room this weekend and then next weekend i am ....... going back to Dr. Macs!!! Yay! My parents decided we should take a little vacation since we have a 3 day weekend so we are going.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Dr. Mac's today. I have to say that i have gone a little sps crazy in the past few weeks so now i have a total of about 12 or so and my brother is getting 3 more peices from Lowtide sometime this week (they are going in my tank for the mean time). Still havent moved my tank yet, i really havent had any time, but i hope to finally do it this weekend but i will post some pics tommorow regardless. I also got a really nice crocea thats about 3".

I found a problem crab though that has really made a dent in my zoa collection and i have to find a way to get him out.

Going to make the switch to T-5's also and going to add a CLS with an OM squirt soon.

I promise to take some pics because i know that everyone likes pics :)

Pics:

FTS:

FTS.jpg

SPS.jpg

SPS2.jpg

Crocea Clam

CLAM.jpg

The Evil Bad Crab in Question. Has eaten a good amount of zoas so far especially palys. Any ideas?

EVIL%20Crab.jpg

Please ignore the crappy aquascaping but i just threw the rocks in the when i was moving the tank. Hope to get it back moved and nicely aquascaped this weekend (i know, i know, i have been saying this for 3 weeks now, lol.).

That crab is a mystery to me as well. FTS looks cool. Are you going to keep the right side of the tank open for frags, or is that temporary?

The aquascaping is temporary right now. I think that i am going ot keep the big rock in the middle the same way but fill in the right side and make more of a rock wall for more sand space.

Yeah, it would would be a good idea for a frag/grow out tank but being that it is my only display tank i want it to look more like one.

mpetisco: Dr. Macs is in Mardela Springs on the Delmarva penninsula in Maryland. It is a bit of a drive from NY but my family made a little vacation out of it and we went to the Baltimore aquarium.

here is the website.

http://drmaccorals.com/sys-tmpl/door/

Thanks Travis and Blue. Travis when you get your tank up and running i probebly will have some frags for ya. Got a nice tricolor acro, tort, and some other cool stuff in there.

Snoop: Eh, i think that i want to go with something different but i am fairly confident will work, hence the t-5s. Dont think that i want to risk overdriving. Oh and zeovit, i guess you could call me a lazy reefer so i don't know if i could keep up with all that i dont really know that much about it. Maybe i should look into it.

bbjwin1: I replied :)

T-5 only tells you the size of the tube. T-5 HO I guess are kinda like them but better because they are higher output to begin with and the tubes are thinner so you can have individual parabolic reflectors and put more of them in the same area.

Ordered the 6 bulb Teklight Pendent yesterday with 3 of the blueplus and 3 of the 11k's. Shipped yesterday so it should be here by the beginning of next week.

My brother also got the 4 frags from Low tide and they are in my tank. He got a bennet tort, tenius, leng sy monti cap, and something else that i cant remember.

Hey Pili, let me know how you like those T5s, I may end up sellin my MH set up, and use those for my next tank :)

BTW, where did you order your lights from again?

Sure will. I got them from reefgeek.com. The pendent actually came with 3 GE daylight bulbs that i didnt know about so they called but i didnt want them so they gave me credit back for not taking them. So far, they have great customer service.

Finally...I MOVED MY TANK!!! I am totally loving the new aquascaping too, so many places for coral and lots more sand space. Kinda looks a bit like rbaby's aquascaping but a little taller.

I had to have a root canal today though so i'm not really in the mood to post any pictures up but i will sometime in the next couple days.

Also got rid of the stupid crab and the bicolor dottyback so now i can start to put the fish i wanted in there (six line wrasse, black occelaris to go with the regular, fat head anthias, and a goby shrimp).

Archived