inTank Media Baskets

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

Well, I couldnt resist.

copperbanded%20001.jpg

He is doing great so far (i have had him since friday) but he is not eating quite as much mysis as i would like. I have seen him pick a little at it but he might just be full from eating all of the small feather dusters and pods in my tank so i cant tell if he is just not eating or he is not hungy.

Otherwise, he is swimming happyly about, picking at things. And if he starts getting a little to big then well, i may just have to get a bigger tank;)

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I got the crazy copper banded. He has takin a likeing to my nass snails :( (i found a few empty shells by where he sleeps at night) and he likes to pace from the front of the tank to the back of the tank all day long like he is playing tag with the mag float.

I may try returning him and getting a new one if this keeps up. Nass snails are an expensive diet.

Looking good dog!!! Coraline is really taking off!

Yeah, those Copperband's are mean, I have seen em' jack up shrimp, snails, all kinds of stuff!

Anyways, let's play some Team Slayer later! lol

D

Definatley, i'm so close to 23, lol!

Yah the coraline is all over. I have to scrape it off pretty often. I dont even know what i'm doing right but i guess its something because it was the same way in in my nano cube also.

Ah haa!!! Its the bicolor that has been chowin down on my nass snails...not the copperbanded. Well i think i know who is goin back to the LFS this weekend!

Aww! I'm hoping I have a good experience w/ the orchid dotty that I'm going to get soon. I have a bristle worm problem that's taking off, so I need to stop it before it evolves... I had a sunrise dotty in TX last year. It didn't bother anything in the tank, but it cleaned the entire thing (29gal w/ ~80lbs LR) of bristle worms in a couple weeks. The copperbanded looks great! 1 of the reasons why I dislike my tank is that it can't have any nice big fish like that. :(

Well guys, i'm most likely moving in August so the 40g is going to have to be broken down. The good thing though is that my parents are being nice enough to pay for shipping the majority of my corals down to a new tank that i will have set up at my grandpas house. And then I'll just move the new tank from there to my new house (only a few miles away). Look for some stuff for sale in the coming months.

So far my plans for my new tank are:

-15g for softie (mostly zoos) and LPS ~ Not sure whether acrylic are standard AGA.

-24" 4 bulb Sunlight T-5 hood

-12" Aquafuge

-Remora Skimmer (already have)

-Won Bros heater ~ the most amazing heaters

-Dont think that i will need a chiller with the t-5 but you never know in Florida.

-Aournd 20lbs of LR and LS

Of coarse my plans could change and i would love to be able to use a sump but it would be that much more of a hassle to move and i dont know how much room i will have to set it up.

I will take more pics of the 40g sometime this week(I have finals some i'm not sure when). Picked up this awsome Orange/Pink Yuma yuma and some more nice zoos.

On a side note, do you treat mojano (sp?) anemones the same way you treat aptasia? I found 3 small ones on a zoo rock that i bought.

Your butterfly should take care of them. They're just as deadly as aptasia, IMO, but they don't spread quite as fast. ;) Good luck moving the tank. When I moved from TX, I had to get rid of everything... :( Next year when I go off to college I'm planning on selling most everything in my tank and converting to a smaller tank, too... Good luck!

Oh Pili! I have a question for you! ;) How much did you pay for your tank? What are you using for circulation? I'm craving a tank change and am stuck between your 40breeder and whitten's 30oceanic cube. Just lookin' for a little perspective on the issue. Thanks!

Hey Kogut, go with the 40 breeder or, even better, a 46 Bow Front (My personaly all time favorite, and hopefully my next tank upgrade :happy:.).

Sorry, no full tank shot just yet but there will be by tommorow (been out all day).

I think that the tank was about $70 but everything is expensive by me so you should be able to get it for cheaper out in Cali. For flow I am running a mag 7 through the 2 returns and a single seio 8__ (cant remember the number right now, lol). If i was going to have mainly SPS than i would probebly go for dual seio 620s or dual 8___ if i had less sand.

As much as i love cubish tanks, i'm not a big fan of the oceanic 30. It just seems a little to tall and you lose the depth which is the main reason i would get a cube. Good luck with which everone you chose.

Problem is I'm moving next year (to college) and want something that is still going to be dorm-able. ;) I'm also on a low budget for this project...

Not the best pics because i couldnt find my tripod but here ya go.

june27,2005%20027.jpg

june27,2005%20021.jpg

june27,2005%20032.jpg

normal_june27,2005%20033.jpg

june27,2005%20037.jpg

Freebe that i scored. Dark orange skirt with purple centers and peach mouths.

june27,2005%20042.jpg

Preview of me and my brothers pico that we built.

june27,2005%20001.jpg

Just got to say that i still have loads of cheato for sale and all of my fish are for sale or trade as well. I need to have them out of my tank by this coming Monday other wise they have to go back to the LFS.

The tank shot looks great, don't know what you're talking about. :P It really does look great. That gramma really adds a bunch of color!

Thanks guys.

I'm getting a new digital camera this week, I'm so excited. I'm getting a Nikon D50 SLR and maybe a macro lense. What would be a good macro lense to get?

Its not going to be mine exactly, but i am paying for half of it and my dad is paying for the rest. He wanted a better camera for our trip to Europe so i convinced him to get that one. It takes really good pictures of sight seeing stuff but just happens to take really good macro pictures as well:

Archived