inTank Media Baskets

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

Thanks snoop, lol. Tank has been acting funky lately and a weird film algea has started to grow so i need to do a water change and get a fuge going again.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I sent it this morning. A moderator told me my sig can't be longer than 475 pixels

Well I am not sure if it is a mod but his name is gilman?

Got the aquafuge and put it on and everything looked really good before i left for vacation/house hunting in Florida. I took my float switch and kinda changed it to hand on the tank but i couldnt make a snail guard in time before i left so i hope everything is ok.

Getting ready for the tropical storm(maybe hurricane) to hit tommorow. What fun:P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody. I am kinda sad because this tank is going to have to come down soon because i am going to be moving my the end of october. I am keeping most of the corals which is good but it is kinda going to be a pain to transport them all to another tank in Florida.

Bot sure what type of tank I am going to set up once i am in florida but i am probebly going to set up a 37g (29g but taller) intialy so that way i can use the same lights, fuge, skimmer etc. I really have no idea what i am going to do though:P

Snoop: i might have a 2 month, i have to look around.

Back to the tank now. Sorry again for the lack of update but i have been really busy i wansnt really sure what the fate of my tank was going to be. There have been a few mishaps, problems etc but i am getting things under control.

While i was away, The cheato in my aquafuge grew so much that it clogged up the outflow on fuge which caused it to overflow and thus there were yet more gallon of saltwater on my floor. My fish watcher who is fairly good but he wasnt sure what exaclty to do so he just set up my RO and put a couple of gallons of FW back into the tank which brought the SG down to about .020... Not Good. Good thing that it happened right as i was about to go home so when i got back I started raising the SG back up. My ATO bucket also ran out of water which made things worse. I didnt loose anything completetly though which is amazing considering what happened.

I still have the problem of my floor being wet but it doesnt seem to dry up like the last couple of times my floor got wet. So my parents call a carpet cleaning company to come see if they can clean it. They come and say that it is totatlly soaked and there is black mold starting to grow so they have to remove it. So now i dont have my room for until i can get more carpet and i have to move my tank out of my room in order for them to put new carpet down.

My family also finally made the desicion that we are not going to be moving until next summer which means that i dont have to sell my tank and i finally buy corals again.

So that is where i am now. I am going to have to remove everything out of my tank in about a week so that they can put new carpet down. This is kinda good b/c i can reaquacape the tank better and finally get that stupid dottyback out but it is going to be a PITA. I did get 2 new peices of SPS right after my last update and i will post updated pics of my tank as of today.

Also, now that i'm not moving for a while, i'm planning to make a closed loop with an OM squirt and a pump in the 1000+gph range with the outlets out of all 4 corners to get all of the powerheads out of my tank (1 seio 820, 2 mj1200s, and 1 mj400.

Sorry for the very long post:P

Pili

Hey Pili, glad to hear your not selling al your stuff ;), you worked so hard on it, and it would be asame to see it all go.

I've had to move several tanks, and let me tell you, it is FUN, it's like getting to start ALL OVER. I like to do it when I have to, but I'm not going to do it just to do it :D

Can't wait to see what new SPS you got.

I just posted some new pics in my thread BTW B)

Archived