inTank Media Baskets

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T-5's are awsome!!! The color is just right too, probebly about a 14k color but the blue plus bulb really makes corals colors pop B) . Not having the shimmy though takes a little getting used to.

I have 2 questions though. 1) When i moved my tank, i put the clam close to the glass and now it attached itself to the side of the glass and i cant really see the top of it at all. I know your not supposed to pull it off but is there any way to move it without hurting it? 2) How high should the T-5's be above the top of the tank? They are about 5 inches right now but i dont know if i can move them closer.

Pics to come!!! Probebly on Friday though.

I agree with Travis, you can put the T5 as low as you want as heat is really not an issue.

In terms of the clam, I had to move my clam about a month ago. I know it's tricky moving it once it's established, but I had no other choice. I just gently pulled him from his rock of over a year and put him on another piece of rock. He reattached in a couple of days.

I'll get a quick picture of the overall set up in a few minutes while i'm on my break from AP U.S. history notes. My eyes are getting all bug eyes from sitting in front of a book for hours on end :wacko:.

I will take a real full tank shot and the works on Friday when i have time :)

I'll get a quick picture of the overall set up in a few minutes while i'm on my break from AP U.S. history notes. My eyes are getting all bug eyes from sitting in front of a book for hours on end :wacko:.

I will take a real full tank shot and the works on Friday when i have time :)

School's for fools. ;)

I'm in class right now actually.

Quick Pictures. Also built PVC thingy so that i dont have to make any more holes in the ceiling :P. Would have looked better in black but i dont mind it.

T5555_001.jpg

T5555_004.jpg

That is classy looking!

I really wish I owned a tank long enough for T5's

I LOVE the coloration as much as I love MH.

Pili get yourself some super sweet krylon fusion and do it black!

Yeah, i have some black krylon but i havent had the time to get around to it. I will get to it eventually but it is in my room so i dont mind much.

On a different note, i got a yasha hase goby today. The little guy is so cool and i have wanted one for a long time. No pistol shrimp though but i want to get one also. Got a peppermint shrimp also which hopefully will do better than the last 2 shrimp that died on the first day i got them. I drip acclimated it also which is the main reason why i think the others didnt make it.

Also was able to get the clam off the glass so that i can see it and i cleaned all the coraline off the sides.

I did a quick 15 minute temp then a few turkey basters over the next hour and stuck my cleaner in... I'm so lucky he didn't die.

Sounds good pili! Now get your brothers rear in gear. ;)

Exellent tank.

If you dont mind me asking. How much does it cost to maintain it? Because I want to set up one like yours.

Shaun

Hmm...not sure exactly but besides overall its not that much. Besides the initial cost for equipment and then changing equipment after the old stuff breaks or i dont like it anymore, the only real costs are salt and supplements. A big bucket of salt costs like $50 US and that lasts about 3 months with 10 gallon water changes every 2-3 weeks and supplements cost like $20 US every 2 months or so. Most of the cost to maintain it is time. I spend usually like at least a half hour doing general maintence everyday (picking up stuff, refilling ATO container, etc.) and water changes usually add on another 30-45 min. But i enjoy doing the maintence although i dont have a very specific routine. HTH

Sorry also about non taking any close up pics yet. One of my margarita snails mysteriosly died and caused a little ammonia spike so the tank isnt looking quite as good. I have to do a water change and then i will take the pics :)

Quick Pictures. Also built PVC thingy so that i dont have to make any more holes in the ceiling :P. Would have looked better in black but i dont mind it.

T5555_001.jpg

T5555_004.jpg

wow, where'd you order your teklight?

been thinking of upgrading to a socalcreations custom 24x24x18 tank and putting some t-5s with my pendant.

how do you like the color? has your sps colored up better because of the t-5s? i would love to see a FTS!

hey, i can't believe i didn't realize you and sebae are bros!! :P do yall live together?

Archived