Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pili's 40g Breeder

Pili4444

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the Nikon D50 SLR and i love it so far. Here are some quick pictures but mind you that they took me no more than:

5 seconds each to take,

no tripod,

pretty standard 28-80mm lense,

and normal image quality.

I really havent had the time yet to really take some good pictures. Also got a 2 GB memory so i can save almost 2000 normal quality pictures.

D50.jpg

sampleD50%20010.jpg

sampleD50%20009.jpg

Zoas with flash

sampleD50%20005.jpg

I will post better pics as i take them.

God you suck so bad! ;):P My aunt and uncle have the new Cannon EOS and I have been playing w/ it all week. ;) Soooo much fun. I'm going to steal it in a couple weeks and take some pics of my tank. That should be quite awesome (assuming I have much of a tank to come back to) ;) The pics (and tank) look great, dude!

Hello everyone from London, England! On vacation now and having a great time.

lol, kogut. Thanks for the compliments. good luck with borrowing the cannon, hope you get some great shots.

On a sad note, i got word from the person that was watching my tank that one of my clown fish jumped while no one was home. I'm not sure which one it was.

Yeah... Sucks, man... I came back to find all my stuff brown and my angelfish missing. :( Hope that loss is the last you have during the trip. Have fun in England, though!

thanks guys, my watcher is pretty good so i'm not really worried about that (also have an auto top off and lights/fans are all on timers so all he has to do is feed the fish which also helps).

i went to the London Aquarium today and it was pretty cool. they had a fairly large reef section and i got some great pictures. I will post them when i can get on the net again. they will be big though because i dont have any image editing software with me.

I will be taking the train through the chunnel tommorow to Paris and will be there for a week.

Hey everyone, just got back! Well there is some good news and some bad news. The good news is that pretty much all of my coral is in relatively good shape(besides a few that were tossed over by hermits and such).

The bad news is that my copperbanded died. Not really sure why as my watcher found it on one of his stops so i'm kinda upset about that. As far as i can tell my watcher did everyright like he was supposed to do so i cant blame it on him on all of the timers for the fan, Auto Top Off, etc. worked just like it was supposed to so i i really have no idea why it would have died. I think that it was dead in the tank for at least a day and probelbly more so the tank is still recovering from a fairly large ammonia spike but everything else seems to be doing ok.

When i get some energy back and have some more time i will post pics from the London aquarium and some other pics of my trip later (took over a thousand pics so i have to go through them all...had to much fun with the D50:P )

Oh, and I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO TAKE SOME OF MY CHEATO!!! If you are willing to pay for shipping (i think will be about $4 than i will ship you a bag. I just have so much of the stuff that it growing out of the water and is so dense that there is almost no light getting to the bottom of the fuge!

Cheers,

Pili

• 2 weeks later...

havent updated in a while but there hasnt been any major changes. I did make the mistake though of making an impulse buy and i bought a sixline and a very small annthias. Unfortunatly i found the sixline had died after only a day and i cant find the anthias as of today. I believe that the sixline was tormented to death by the stupid dottyback but i have know idea why the anthias is missing although the dottyback didnt particulary like him either. So i am not going to get any more fish until i can get the dottyback out (so far impossible) who i think is the source of the problem and i know i shouldnt have gotten any new fish so soon after the death of my other 2 fish:(.

Got a few new zoas from Floorlord also that are nicebut i havent really been able to get any good pictures becasue i need to get a macro lense.

FTS

july30%20001.jpg

New blastos! I love these...they are so awsome. There are about 14 polyps and i think i got a pretty good deal.

july30%20005.jpg

Part of my zoa collection. The large colony of red ringed zoas are new and they were under PC's int the store so i'm hoping that they will color up a little more.

july30%20026.jpg

New mille frag.

july30%20023.jpg

Birdsnest frag that i got for cheap but i'm not sure if it will make it. Hopefully it will but i'm not sure.

july30%20016.jpg

May have a few more pics later but i'm POed because i lost the little shoe thingy that you connect the camera to the tripod with so the pics arent as sharp as they could be.

wow pili!

your tank is awesome! (so is your camera~!)

even just that 28-80mm lens takes pretty dang good macro shots!

i like your solomon zoos and the reds!

lol, thanks. Yeah, the macro shots arnt that bad although i did do alot of cropping. Still pretty good though. The camera has loads of potential though it seeems once you put a macro lens on it.

NICE Pili, you should get a Nem for your clowns ;)

I jsut got one for my pair. They're not hosting it yet, but they should. I have a picture of mine in my thread. :)

i've been looking around for a nice small bta for a while now but so far no luck. All of ones that i've seen are are pretty big (like 7-10 inches).

Archived