Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...I just put in the order for my stand at socalcreations.com. I asked for a 32" tall stand just to be safe. The bottom part of the stand will take up around 3.5" and I'm sure the top part will shave off another 3.5"...so that leaves me with 25" space to work with.

I'm probably gonna get the ASM G1 for sure then since it is 19" tall and I think 6" of clearance should be enough to easily move the collection cup in and out. what do you think, vic?

you think I could get away w/ a 4" clearance w/ a 30" tall stand? hahah. that might be cutting it close.

Nah I think that would be fine. It's approximately the same height as my skimmer, and the same height as my stand, and I've got no problems at all, in fact I think I could've gone taller.

I just measured mine, my stand is 32" tall, and my skimmer is about 20", and it gives me about 8" of space between the very top of the skimmer and the ceiling of the stand. I maybe use 4" of it to get the collection cup off, but I'd bet that it's more like 2 or 3".

reeferbarra20

Yo Tigah , could you respond to this please? You see my problem is that my RODI isn't funtioning properly and i'm Itchin to get started soo, I went out and bought 35 gallons of deionized water, checked the TDS came out as 0.00. The water going into my RODI has a reading of 129ppm and the water coming out , is about 45ppm. I don't think my RO resin is seated properly, and i can't call KentMarine until tomm. Therefore , would it be ok to just add the partially purifiyed water (45ppm) to my tank with the Deionized water? Is it somehow Bad for my future reef? I think the only impurities would be , phosphates, some silicates and nitrates. Don't they make media/resins to remove phostphates/nitrates and silicates , like that Phosban stuff? I would think the only problem would be algae growths , which I know how to get rid of. Anyways , If anyone has any good advice/comments please post them asap. Thanks Reeferbarra20 P.S I already started to mix a little partially purifed water with the deionized H20 . current TDS reading in my tank 11ppm

I just got my RO/DI today and the instructions said to discard first hours of water produced because there still may some chemicals and such on the membrane. I would try letting it run for a while and then test the water to see if its better (unless you did that already).

why the hurry? I'd just wait to make sure it's working properly before adding anymore. but that's just me.

But, I haven't set up mine yet. =/

Back...I didnt want to deal w/ having it go thru the bottom and thru the top of my stand.

Low back should work virtually the same as thru the bottom.

Man, I guess I am the luckest of us all. I live 15 minutes from Dr. Mac's!!! And can you believe I didn't know they were their till several months ago!! Technically, I wouldn't have been able to buy before this past August when they opened their new facility, but what a missed opportunity. And that was when I had my 75g....

Sam

Angel Higuera

That thing is such a great invention. Your really inspiring me to make a bigger,better and more complex tank.

-Angel

Angel - it goes back to the same tank. it's just for the OM Squirt...the OM 4-ways don't need a bypass valve, but since OM Squirt was designed for smaller pumps, if it reaches around 1300+ gph, then the magnet wheel will just stop working...

so you have the bypass there for external pumps rated at 1100 gph and above. whatever flow the OM squirt can't handle, you just relieve the pressure and let some of the flow go back directly into the tank. That's the one drawback of the OM Squirt; it has a maximum of around 1200-1300 gph.

If you are willing to spend more for the OM 4-way, you won't need to worry about that.

Angel Higuera

I have not followed all of your thread, but I assume you have a pump pushing way more than 1300 gph right?

Also to confirm, their is a difference between the 4 way OM and the OM squirt? Where do you route the bypass hose? tank, fuge, sump?

All this plumbing stuff is kinda new to me with all this new equipment coming out.

Thanks dude.

-Angel

I think this will explain how it works better...

First pic is w/ one of the outlets fully open. the last pic is when that same outlet is fully closed...there's about 2 or 3 seconds between each photo.

om1.jpg

om2.jpg

om3.jpg

om4.jpg

Archived