Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm.. Not a Nano... thanks....

just kidding tigah... What tigah hasnt told you guys is that hes been talking to me about doing a custom 12g DX.

Tigah: Its time to officially rename this tank to 12g Nanocube DX with 87g sump...

Chris

Originally posted by ccjung

umm.. Not a Nano... thanks....

just kidding tigah... What tigah hasnt told you guys is that hes been talking to me about doing a custom 12g DX.

Tigah: Its time to officially rename this tank to 12g Nanocube DX with 87g sump...

Chris

haha. the idea of an acan/rare LPS only nanocube was tossed around. But I gotta at least get this beast finished first. =)

Originally posted by Tigahboy

My lights have been shipped and are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!  Big thanks to nanocustoms.com for placing the order for me!  

Check em out, ppl...

aqualight.jpg  

And w/ 2x250w 20K and 2x39w 03 actinic T5's, it's gonna be like a rave party up in my tank!

And I finalized the placement of the holes and such for closed loop and returns.  Here's a very last minute crude diagram I sent over to socalcreations.com.  It should be ready for pick-up this weekend.

67gback2.jpg

Tigahboy

Where did you find those lights? They are exactly what I am looking for?

Mai - I got them from nanocustoms.com. Chris special ordered them for me since I was having a hard time finding them locally. Or you can contact aquamedic directly on their website and inquire where they sell em locally to you.

bravoreefer - on RC they say 40g and below are nanos. =P hahah. and even tho this 67g aint a nano, you will have to suffer thru its presence here. hahah. =) j/k, bro.

I received my lights today as promised! I'll take pics of them later.

But I also received a pleasant surprise - my auto top-off kit from californiareefs.com (thanks cameron!)

67gfloat2.jpg

I won it in another forum's full tank shot contest. sweeeeet prize. =)

Once I get my RO/DI unit all set-up, I'll have it feed water automatically w/ another float switch into the water reservoir and then the pump in the water reservoir will be hooked up to another float switch in my sump. which would then move fresh RO/DI water from the reservoir into my tank to make-up for evaporation. so completely automatic and will help to keep my salinity very stable.

Here's a pic of the 2nd float switch which came w/ my RO/DI unit...water drops (bulbous end lowers), which then opens up the RO/DI to replenish water into water reservoir; water reaches desired level, the bulbous end floats up and then shuts off the RO/DI. Oh, and the RO/DI will be directly tapped into my cold water supply plumbing for my kitchen sink, so when I say "fully automatic" I really do mean FULLY automatic. haha.

67gfloat3.jpg

67gmh.jpg

Very nice lights indeed. only 2 probs tho:

1. Aquamedic sent me the wrong mh bulbs...I wanted 20K's, but I got 10K's. will have to work that out.

2. The light is a lot heavier than I expected. Kind of concerned about having this hang from my ceiling. I'll have to look into the wall mounting kit soon.

But other than that, i love these lights! =)

Hey Tigah, waht dd are you going to do with your other lights? The 250w Over your tank now. Want to help me out and sell it to me for oooooooooo say $150?

keep the 10K's and supplement w/actinic, see how they look over ur 30g first...! if u think it's too white/yellow, then return em for the 20K's. since u do have actinics, i think you should give 10K's a shot since u have them rite now anyways

Yeah. I'll give it a shot. I was just worried that if I actually fired them up, they wouldn't take em back.

hmmm...maybe it weigh 10lb? haha. not positive tho, not good w/ judging weight.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

10 lbs is just a little more that a gallon jug of water weighs (like 8.2 lbs or some thing close to that, say 8lbs), for reference

Tigah that lighting system is sweet!!! same thing happend to me. I wanted a 20k and got a 10k. I fired it up to see how it looked and i didn't like it. I called them and they said i could return it if it hasn't been used. oooops kinda missed that part and told them no. lol. Haven't heard from'm since.

Sure was. It was awful. Way too yellow/white. I just called them up and they charged me for the 20k ushio they were sending me and i would get credited back when they recieved the 10k back from me. :)

Archived