SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

reeferbarra20

HAHA ... Your tank looks awesome. It may look like I am ahead of you in my setup however, I still need a faucet adapter for my RODI. B) No water= No tank

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

badmatt - I have no idea what I'm gonna do w/ my current set-up. I might try to sell it all to help w/ the costs of the new set-up. but we'll see.

Vic - when there's a will, there's a way, bro. haha. socalcreations.com definitely did a top-notch job. they are really friendly and accomodating too! And for $350 total, very reasonable prices!

Travis - not sure yet. I'm thinking of a twin peaks kinda deal (quasi valley)...maybe one of the peaks will be for a RBTA...but not positive yet. I'll finalize my aquascaping design as I get closer to D-Day and when I get my LR.

Reeferbarra - thanks! I still haven't set-up my RO/DI either! haha. they really shoulda made it a lil less complicated. oh well.

Go big or go home, right tigah... looks like fun man. Ohhhh the possibilities. Yea I like the idea of having a couple peaks on either side, with maybe a nice canyon separating them.

Originally posted by bowfront26

Now I'm itchin to set up my 60 cube.  Thanks a lot tigah

DO IT! don't do a nanocube, man. that's a downgrade for you.

Oh I know. I've got bigger and better plans man. If I keep reading your threads soon enough it will be a 90g. cube. Can you imagine the aquascaping possiblities. I like the idea of the 60 cube b/c you could go with a simple 250W HQI... talk about efficient, no wasted light in that set up.

By the way have you considered the new Phoenix 14k bulbs Tigah. I know you weren't happy with the 10k's. I'm pretty amped on them, I've got 2 coming tomorrow, check out my comparison picks once I get them up and running.

Yeah, I looked at the Phoenix 14k's...I think I'm gonna get some for sure. I've seen them over a guy's tank and they do look sweet...just like the aqua connects.

But I do have 20K AB's on its way, so I don't want to waste those either. Maybe I'll sell the AB's and get the 14k Phoenix. we'll see.

I seriously considered the 60g cube for that same reason (just one MH pendant)...totally efficient and way more cost effective. =/ but alas, I am a long tank (widescreen) man, and I couldn't resist my preference. hehe.

no clue, man...no clue. stands are so freakin expensive...and I want a black matte finish stand...I don't like the way wood looks personally. any ideas? hehe.

Maybe just look for a simple peice of furniture that is the right dimensions and just paint it black. I'm sure if you keep your eyes open you spot something that will work.

reeferbarra20

On the topic of Aquascaping I still have no frekin idea what i want it to look like. Since i'm only keeping a tang,2 clowns, and a flame hawk, it should be pretty easy. I was thinking about stacking up the lr in the shape of an alcove ,kind of U shaped . Oh well, maybe i'll sleep on it. Hey tigah, any ideas?

Ohh , one more question for ya, I know it's impossible to get rid of all unwanted hitchikers that come with lr, but what about all the worms? I know what to do about flatworms/crabs/mantis/aptasia,...exe . But what about bristleworms and predatory fireworms? Just catch em or let em stay? Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated Thanks, reeferbarra

I see that so cal creations makes custom stands as well. Is there any reason you haven't considered them for a stand? I am wondering as I am about to place an order for a 75 gal. , and I will need a custom stand built. I was waiting for yours to arrive to see how you liked it. Sounds like you are happy with the quality.? My tank will be 30x24x24. A liitle more $ as I need eurobracing.

reeferabarra - I gotta keep some good ideas for myself, rite? hahah. j/k. I don't know exactly what I'm gonna do. But I'll post a diagram of my tentative aquascaping soon. I always try to make a rough sketch before I do it and it's based on what size and shapes I have. I wish I saved my sketches from my previous aquascaping...the end product amazingly looked almost EXACTLy like I anticipated. plan ahead, dude and you'll get it to your liking!

Originally posted by ratched

I see that so cal creations makes custom stands as well. Is there any reason you haven't considered them for a stand? I am wondering as I am about to place an order for a 75 gal. , and I will need a custom stand built. I was waiting for yours to arrive to see how you liked it. Sounds like you are happy with the quality.? My tank will be 30x24x24. A liitle more $ as I need eurobracing.

You know, I regret not going w/ them for my stand as well. Basically, I was trying to find a way to save money and find one used or hella cheap. No doubt, socalcreations can make the stand topnotch and for a VERY reasonable price (cheaper than even at my LFS for a generic stand)...but I got stingy and wanted something even cheaper.

blah! I should've just had them make it cuz now I don't like the cheap stand I was planning to get at the LFS since it has 2 openings instead of one big opening at the front...2 makes it hard for me to fit a sump and such down there.

I might still go w/ socalcreations for a stand...it just means I gotta wait even longer to have my overall tank ready. =/

Thanks for the insight:). I think I will have them make the stand. The quality looks nice on their website. They have quoted me $250 or so for a 30x24x24. Very reasonable, I think. It will probably end up being more, though, as I will probably go 36h to allow more room underneath as I won't have the length you have. Also, a little more for "raised panel" door. Also, I think I might have a shelf put in to set my "stuff" on in the back? Your tank is beautiful, btw. I don't see a stand pipe? Did they include it?

I didnt ask for a standpipe, so they didn't include it. I think they can do that for you tho since they said they could throw in plumbing parts for an extra fee.

$250 is VERY reasonable. That's the same initial quote I got. haha. and the stand I was looking at recently at the LFSs were $300...so $250 is GREAT!

I'm convinced. I'm gonna go have them make my stand too now. haha. It just seems the most logical and they made my tank so they know exactly what I need.

I'm probably going to get all my LR from Jeff's exotic fish (exoticfish.com) since they are cheap and local to me.

I'm actually not a huge fan of Tonga branch. just a personal preference of mine. If possible, I want to do all Vanuatu! hehe.

Archived