ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dammit tig test the squirt take pics u have enugh pvc to play with it!! Test it before icoem over there and rob it from you!!! DONT THINK I WONT!! fqr :)

I know hes workin o na new squirt but i dont know if its worth waiting or even spending money on the better squirt

Got my bulkheads today. If you need bulkhead fittings, definitely go thru that ebay store...very cheap and it got to me pretty quickly from NY.

Still gotta get the rest of the pvc parts tho...which I will do now, so hang in there, case! haha.

0224c.jpg

slip is where the pvc will "slip in it and needs to be glued to stay in place where "threaded" has threads and you need to put in threaded pieces of pipe with pipe tape so it doesnt leak.

anway tiga i was bummed to see he doesnt have slip slip on the website. what type of bh are you using?

Originally posted by ratched

Ummm.........what's the difference in plumbing "slip" vs. "double-threaded" ?

0224d.jpg

0224e.jpg

0224f.jpg

Like SLO said...the slip would allow you to just stick the PVC pipe in straight...held together by pvc glue/cement.

Threaded inside would require threaded ends for the plumbing so you can screw/twist them in place.

Originally posted by SLOreefer

slip is where the pvc will "slip in it and needs to be glued to stay in place where "threaded" has threads and you need to put in threaded pieces of pipe with pipe tape so it doesnt leak.

anway tiga i was bummed to see he doesnt have slip slip on the website. what type of bh are you using?

Hey dude. I just looked at my bulkheads carefully. I actually wanted the threaded inside for the front end and slip inside for the back end (as advertised), but I actually ended up w/ slip x slip! hahah. If I didn't already buy my loc-line tubing threaded, I wouldn't care, but I can't use em one or the other now. arg!

Nice! I just used teflon tape for the threaded joints, but now I'm noticing some salt creep where I used it in some cases, so silicone may be the better way to go.

That stand height is perfect! I hate standard stand height. Far to low, you have to crouch over or sit down to look into it. I cannot wait to see this thing in action.

thanks, dude. It's perfect height for me since I can still reach over to the bottom of the tank w/o a stepping stool and such...

First thing my gf said when she saw it set-up: "now you've gone too far." haha

Tigahboy,

I used silicon for thread before it kinda messy. I just use the tapes and I never have problem. just have multiple layers from thinner out to thicker inside.

Archived