Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had thoght about that but can you imagine the MH fixture price for that huge thing? Man. I just think that Tigah's tank is so amazing that I wish for my 20L to look like that. Not to mention Uchiha's tank, excellent.

thanks cesar... but lighting for a 50-60g isn't too hard... 2x250w MH would do perfect... if you wanted, you could even do 2x400w (if you're willing to pay for the increase in electricity bill!!!).

my ultimate tank would be a 50+ reef tank w/30L sump & 2x250w 14K MH supplemented by 2x130w Actinic PC's ... if only i had the space :( i guess i'll stick to nano-reefing

Others look great...seeing a lot of growth....I think one of the SPS I bought yesterday is partially dead. Didn't really notice until today. I guess that's why it was in the "cheap" bin. haha. But hopefully it will come back to full health under my lights. I'll place that baby up top.

Grrr... Damn you and your coral!!! If you want to upgrade so bad, you might want to stop buying all the expensive coral. ;) Hehehe. Can't say that I blame you, though. I can see why you got the angel, dude. Mine pops in and out of the rocks and he's amazing. What size do you think you're going to go w/ for the upgrade? Gonna' save up and get starphire? ;)

Naw...the acrylic is already in the works...48"x18"x18" (60g)...I just need to hurry up and tell the custom acrylic dude what color background...still can't decide. Here's a couple diagrams I made of the potential set-up (obviously not to scale):

60gfront.jpg

60gback.jpg

Just realized the OM Squirt requires a bypass line....so another hole should be in that pic...probably on the side of the overflow box w/o a hole...at least it will be symmetrical now.

Anyone familiar w/ the OM Squirt? I really suck at any kinda of DIY electrical stuff, and I noticed that they have 2 bare wires just hanging from the top. And in the pricing option it says "standard unwired". What does this mean? Do I have to solder stuff? =/ i hope not. Why can't this model just be plug-n-play?

I know these aren't the clearest pictures, but you can see (at least kinda) the feeding tentacles out on my new acan...

1212a.jpg

1212b.jpg

And now notice the almost "dead" looking acan frag to the right. Gosh, I think this guy is a goner. All that money for nothing! =/

Okay...I'm heading out now to the O.C. to pick up a new addition...if anyone needs anything from the O.C., let me know. I think they make good smoothies or something.

Hey Tigah, why are you planning on running both the SWCD and the OM? After I moved my tank, I decided to just plumb my mag 7 into the tank, and I was very surprised at how much flow it's putting out now that it isn't being split, I almost don't need a closed loop, but I'm going to add it anyway since I've now spent more money on it than I have on my lighting system, lol.

And another idea would be to plumb the returns from the OM underneath the tank and hide it with your rock. I'm sure you've already given this consideration though as we've talked about it before. I can't wait to see the end result :)

Irishbing - apparently they do. I did a little more research and it just costs $10 for it to be wired.

I will get to your question shortly, vic....but until then, my new acan lord. polyp....just got this baby into my tank about an hour ago.

1212c.jpg

We soooo need a full tank shot! ;) How are you going to get money for all the upgrade stuff if you keep buying these awesome corals??? lol. My pygmy started swimming on the front side of the rocks today... Amazing fish... How's yours been w/ all the new coral additions?

Mine is well-behaved...*knock on wood*

I would do a full tank shot, but stuff is still chilling in my sand...hahah.. I have no room now. I really need this LR to cure QUICKLY so I can add the SPS at the top. My LR curing tub reads (as of early this morning): Ammonia zero, nitrites 0.25...so the LR is close....but not done yet. =/

watch, tomorrow you wake up and.... wait, where's my acan?

2 seconds later, you see a fat cherub winking at you from the corner... ;)

jk jk!

Archived