ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

hey Tigah, I want to be first on the list for a frag of that Danae :D, by the time you have a frag of that I'll probably have a couple of nice acro frags to trade.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a tip if you don't already have a QT tank. You need one. Especially as you get into "rare" corals. You put a lot of money into it, and it would be sad to see you lose everything b/c you don't QT it, or b/c a frogspawn dies and leeches toxins into your tank. Just a lil FYI.

Tigah i have no room to comment with your craziness because im just as bad, except i devote more time to the tank and do the website at work, but that is an awsome tank. I can't wait to get my 85g up and running, i bought it last week for $100. Bigger Toys!!!!

mmmmmmm hillae! Nice additions Tigah, your tank is looking great. Keep us updated, and good luck with this bad boy through the new year! Late.

~BH20

bladze - yes, "create" a thread selling 250..the same light as mine, and I'd buy one from ya (if it's reasonable price of course).

warrior_boy - thanks! glad some can appreciate the graphics. hahah.

bibenji - the worst of my finals are over...so I don't have to study as much anymore...I actually passed out last night and just woke up recently...I guess I was catching up on the sleep I've been depriving myself of.

Travis - thanks! Will do. I have 2 new additions that I didn't get a chance to post yet. a nice bright pink/red mille and a red/grey/green acan. lord. frag

bubble_gum - the echino is very tiny...maybe .75" x .75". They are hard to come by around these parts too...hard as in, when they are available, they are so freakin expensive just for tiny tiny frags like mine. oh well.

ebin - hahah...it's not THAT bad yet. but yeah, my gf doesn't like the fact that I spend 80% of my time on this stuff...=/

VicSkimmr - you got it! it'll probably be a year from now, hahah. but yeah, when I get a fraggable piece, I'll definitely trade w/ ya. So get some nice SPS, dude!

kraphtymac - thanks for the input. I do already have a QT tank. And yes, it is very beneficial to have.

Nateair - thanks for the compliment! Look forward to seeing your new 85g in action!

Asin - I responded

Wobach - I have nothing to say to that comment. LOL. and please show me a picture of that coral. haha.

Cesar - I like your banner. =P

BelowH20 - thanks! will be sure to keep this thread updated to the max.

Okay, I think I've responded to everyone. *phew* hahah...one night of sleeping and now i'm playing catch-up. Will try to post pics of the pink mille and acan lord soon.

Also might have another new addition by the end of this weekend. =) so stay tuned for that as well.

Originally posted by TheCheat

tigah,

what kind of pipes/fitting/tubing did you use to plumb your SCWD with?  What would you say your turnover rate is in there?

thanks,

B

Just 3/4" flexible tubing, secured by plastic hose clamps.

It's connected to my return pump which is 650gph...so after scwd and tubing, it's probably 500gph or so. Way too little. I plan to either upgrade my pump or just speed up the tank upgrade so I can get more flow in there.

But, I rather not spend too much time discussing plumbing in this thread, so you can PM me if you need me to elaborate more than that.

ahhhhhhh! hahaha...see last sentence in my post directly above yours. And no, I don't have pics of my scwd. It's behind my tank and not much distance between wall and the tank for me to take a good picture. Do a search for "SCWD" and you'll see that it's a very simple device that you should have no problems connecting to a closed loop.

do some crazy Mac Geiver snit and get some pics>

ah just kiddin

yeah ive done lots of searches, but ive never seen a closed loop without the wavemaker,

Archived