Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

well...you will definitely be a teenage boy's best friend from here on out. haha....damn...I'm hijacking my own thread now. okay. I won't say another word. =P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha....well....as soon as I get my new tank set-up...I'll pinch this one in the bud and start a new one. so it won't get "mega" like my last one.

Originally posted by warrior_boy

I like the last one the best...what is it?

Last one is a SPS - red polyped blue monti danae (tho supposedly that's not the correct name for them, but that's what they are commonly referred to as).

It's like $80 per 1 small frag less than 1" big.

how is the lord doing btw? mine are still somewhat deflated...i'm getting worried :(

but my other frag of new lords & the hillae are doing awesome.

Still deflated. My lights JUST turned on right now tho, so I'll get back to you in a couple of hours or so. Oh yeah, I forgot that you got the orange hillae too...we really ARE acan twins.... for now at least. =P

Originally posted by warrior_boy

Jebus!

haha...yeah...hence the new thread devoted solely to my new "rare" coral phase. The three tiny coral frags shown alone are around 3 bills. =/ If my tank crashes, I'm screwed. hahah.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

haha...yeah...hence the new thread devoted solely to my new "rare" coral phase.  The three tiny coral frags shown alone are around 3 bills.  =/  If my tank crashes, I'm screwed.  hahah.

dont say that

now you have to give them to me!!

3 Bills? Dude. They are nice but 3 Bills nice? Damn. Those things must grow to something extra extra beauiful, cant wait to see the results.

Haha....well price is usually also a measure of rarity, so not all expensive stuff will be beautiful.

But these will be. just wait and see. ;)

Just some input...I wouldn't worry about the acan. I got mine just fragged and in somewhat damaged condition. I had one full polyp and five half polyps. For the first week or two it stayed somewhat deflated, but once I started feeding and it got adjusted to the tank it puffed right up. I now have almost three full polyps, and all five polyps are eating. This is an extremly resilient coral, and they really like to be fed!

Originally posted by birdman204

save me a danae frag ;)

Haha...will do. But you might have to wait like a year for that tiny sucker to grow. it's all good tho, I put myself on a reserve list for some other corals...supposedly I'm in line to get them on Dec. 2006. Good thing this hobby teaches the virtue of patience.

Originally posted by BelowH2O

Just some input...I wouldn't worry about the acan. I got mine just fragged and in somewhat damaged condition. I had one full polyp and five half polyps. For the first week or two it stayed somewhat deflated, but once I started feeding and it got adjusted to the tank it puffed right up. I now have almost three full polyps, and all five polyps are eating. This is an extremly resilient coral, and they really like to be fed!

Thanks for the input...I was starting to get worried too. hehe.

Archived