inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that a fish that stays out all the time is like make'n out with a girl for a long time, but sooner or later it becomes BOARING (but that takes a LONG time :P). So IMO a fish that pops in and out and "supprises" you by its presence is the best kind of fish :)

Thanks.

hmmm...my clown is non-stop harassing my acan ech...I'm getting kinda worried now. She keeps burrowing her snout into its mouth area. wtf is she doing?!

I can totally see the acan ech shrinking a bit due to this constant harassment. I'm trying to scare her away, but she keeps coming back for more. any thoughts?

that's really very weird.... ???

i wonder why it's attracted specifically to the acans? : he knows what's up :)

they look like candy that's why!! :o

Hmm...i think she would just try to follow the acan around even if I moved it. And to be honest, I have no space to move it to. But i'll try to do a little rearranging...

Blah...if it's not the cleaner shrimp harassing my corals, it's gotta be the percs now. =/

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Hmm...i think she would just try to follow the acan around even if I moved it.  And to be honest, I have no space to move it to.  But i'll try to do a little rearranging...

Blah...if it's not the cleaner shrimp harassing my corals, it's gotta be the percs now.  =/

always someone, i guess :)

Uh oh! Might have to choose between the fish and the coral!!! :o j/k. Hopefully he won't do too much damage... My cherub doesn't seem to like the Formula 2 flakes... :| I'm planning on hunting down something frozen for him to eat until he decides that flakes will do...

Your fish might be trying to host it... odd enough... he might be attempting to clean it, or to clean off the rock the coral is on... one of these is good, the other is not so good.

Ughhhh....i think my acan is a goner. Why won't the clown just leave it alone? I mean, maybe she's digging for food cuz she smells some from its mouth? But I just fed them and she ate like a pig...I hate her. hahaha. she literally pulled something out of one of the mouths...I thought I was gonna hurl for sure.

Thanks, Chino.

This current set-up is just a little over 4 months old. It was an upgrade from my via aqua which was up for 2 months or so prior. So 6 months total I guess.

I'm kinda obsessive compulsive when it comes to my tank's cleanliness. My diamond goby is the best sand sifter and keeps my sand pristine white for me. I never have to worry about the sand w/ this guy.

I don't really use clean-up crews. The tank walls are cleaned by me and my trusty Kent Acrylic scraper w/ extended arm and a magnet cleaner.

I probably scrape away at my tank every other day if I'm lucky and at least twice if i'm busy.

Also run activated carbon (Chemipure) and Poly filter pads which supposedly help rid water of bad stuff but also "polishes" the water for a more clear look. Not really sure if that's a huge factor though.

And of course weekly water changes (but sometimes twice a week if I'm feeling ambitious.). Hope that answers your question. Can't rely on a clean-up crew's slooow progress...gotta grab this bull by the horns and clean it yourself! hehe. peace.

Archived