ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if you posted it or not but has your pygmy been behaving? I'm planning on getting one for my tank but a little worried since my tank is mainly lps..

Thanks for the compliment guys!

Kogut: I got them from Jeff's exotic fish. I went into the store yesterday and looked like they JUST got in a WHOLE bunch of SPS like the one shown in my picture. They had em in the $24.99, $39.99, and $59.99 sections...so I grabbed the few $24.99 ones they had remaining and the blue/purple one I got from the $39.99 section.

And if you bought my tank (though there MIGHT be one person in line ahead of you but not for certain), you simply use your 20L as a refugium/sump (just as I am doing for mine). Your set-up would be identical actually since I am using a 20L AGA and my tank is already drilled and ready for overflow and return.

Cesar: Is lying about ricordea needing MH really a wise decision? hahaha..j/k, man. I lie to my gf all the time about how much I paid for my corals and where I got them. Sometimes she'll notice something new and I'll be like "oh...I've always had that, just colored up recently so I moved to the front." hahah...i don't know how many times I can get away with that tho.

NaNO ReeFiN: my pygmy doesn't bother anything. I definitely would dump the guy if he did since I have some expensive LPS as well. EtoH and Kogut also have pygmy/cherub angels, so they will also probably have feedback on how pygmys do in reefs.

That is totaly kick ass Tigah, I like all your new goodies ;)

btw.. Im thinking of just waiting anotehr 3 weeks MAYBE to set up my tank, and then I could get a 2nd pump and a scwd for x-mas to to the closed loop on my tank. The person im buying the iwaki off of cant ship the pump till monday, so I probably wont get it towards the end of next week.

Btw... If i got my arag alive today, it can sit in the bags for a while, until I finally get my tank running.. right?

this tread is so boring. too much back slapping. talk about the reef and not sigs. how you maintaining calc and alk tigahboy? there's going to be some serious calc sucking sounds soon.

hahaha....this is a back slapping kinda thread, EtOH...my other thread was for more of the details on keeping a reef. =P and I think I post enough about reefkeeping details in other threads that I can take a breather here and just show pictures.

And I dose for calc and alk. Seachem stuff.

Blah..okay...I feel bad for not being more DETAILED now.

Dosing and maintenance schedule:

Sundays - Seachem's Reef Plus, Reef Carbonate, and Reef Complete (in that order, 15 minutes space between)

Wednesdays - the same as above.

Fridays - test for calc & alk, and ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH, salinity, and sometimes phosphates

Saturdays - weekly water changes - Catalina store bought water

Mondays - optional - another water change

I want to switch over to mixing salt again...I heard good results with a specific brand...but I forgot the name, so I must ask my friend again. He doesnt need to dose anything w/ that stuff and he's got SPS up the wazoo.

Every other day - Kent Algae scraper and mag-float w/ cloth inbetween to lessen scratches.

Happy, EtOH? Now where's my back slappin? hahahah. =P

Hey Tigahboy - Nice tank. By the way, I was a grad student at UCLA once - got the hell out two years ago. How do have time to build a nice reef like that?? I didn't have enough time to take a shi... er...

Anyway, do you have any pics of your fuge and skimmer? I'm curious about how you plumbed your set up. Maybe a link to an old thread that I can't find?

Thanks man.

Haha...yeah...law school and reefing dont go together well. But I simply skimp on my sleep and recreation time to make up for it. haha. and if this was my first year in school (where it's pretty hellish), I wouldn't think of trying to put in as much time as I have for this tank.

Any plumbing pics would be here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...0375#post320375

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...8588#post378588

and

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...silence+at+last

They are very very basic/minimalistic set-ups....I'm working on a more complete/efficient set-up for my upgrade which is in the works.

But I think being a father is a lot more work than grad school...so I commend you for being able to handle both.

Hey, thanks for the links. You just answered a couple questions for me.

Yeah, being a dad is a trip. Just like grad school: lots of work, no sleep, someone else demanding all your time. But of course, there's significantly less stress. Don't let anyone fool you, staying at home with your child is awesome - way better than work/school. Of course, I don't think I would be content right now if I hadn't gone through grad school. It was a great time, very exciting. And, I can really apreaciate the free time I have now. I can fool around with stuff like reef tanks, sans guilt. How much time 'till you get out?

Thanks again!

That will be coming later...I still haven't figured out where I'm going to place all these new sps...i REALLY need that upgrade PRONTO! hahah. will post as soon as I'm done arranging them.

thanks...that's the plan shaz....LR isn't done curing yet...I say a few more days and I should be good to go.

I'll post a pic w/ full tank shot later today...and then again w/ all the new LR/aquascaping.

Nothing. Never been used. It still has the paperwork that comes in it. I have mixed emotions cause I wanted to set it up and do it FOWLR, but corals are way cooler dude.

lol, leave it to tigah to have a 7 page thread in 3 days.

Cesar, if all you have running now is a nano, I think I'd set up the 60 for SPS, and sell the nano, you won't regret it, having more space is sooooo nice.

Archived