Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;) j/k. I like the path you're taking w/ the rarities. My angel and shrimp showed up today. The shrimp has moved 3" in the past 5 hours... The angel has been peeking through the tunnel system behind the rocks... He dug himself a cave under a big rock, though... :| Darn shy fish! Really is an amazing fish. Seeing them online does these things no justice!!! I need him to come out so I can get a decent pic. and start my thread... :|

Haha...the shrimp will be out soon enough...and just give the angel a few days...not that it's going to be swimming around everywhere, but definitely more than what you're seeing now.

(2 pages? Looks like 4 pages to me)

dang tigah just sifting thru all 4 pages and I can tell you gots lots and lots of moola. lolz those are some nice pieces you got there man. good job and keep us updated...

hahah...naw. I don't got lots of moola....I just don't spend money on anything else. I haven't bought new clothes, shoes, electronics since I started...and come on, you've seen me. I can't even afford a haircut! hahaha.

And not having kids to feed and not paying a lot for rent also helps.

Yeah you were froing it just a tad bit. Almost looked like ben wallace haha jp bro.

Who needs new clothes, shoes, and electronics when they got a badass tank to look at everyday...oh yeah by the way how long have you been reefing?

haha...don't make fun of my fro, man. Although it's just a result of failing to get a haircut, I'm starting to get used to it...maybe my own "style" now? hahah.

Not long. Since late last spring. So not even a year.

Hahaha....naw. Did saltwater fish only and freshwater fish my whole life (and I was a Bio major w/ emphasis in animal behavior/ecology), but never ventured into reef/corals.

My senior thesis in undergrad was on bettas. I got a pretty bad grade for it tho. haha.

Okay...I think I'm about ready to throw in the towel for the RBTA...he was cool for the past few days, and just stayed in his spot. But I just checked him out right now to find him now on my acrylic wall towards the back.

I hope he didn't zap stuff on his way over there. Darn...He's just moving around way too much and he was super big to begin w/ so I can't imagine dealing w/ all this movement as he grows bigger.

His movement always occurs at lights off...when lights are on, he never really moves much. =/ I think he just doesn't like my water or something or probably insufficient flow. I really do need to increase the flow in there at any rate. Anybody wanna buy a big RBTA? hehe.

sucks to hear about the RBTA, good luck

now that i think of it, i might just get rid of my BTA too... when it gets expanded it easily goes over 6-7'' ... weird thing about mine is it hasn't moved 1 cm since the day i put it in that spot.

Okay...RBTA is gone. I sold him for like $20 to some reef central member. damn. I have mixed feelings of disappointment since my clowns no longer have something cool to chill in and relief since now I can add SPS and other corals w/o constantly worrying.

I will definitely be getting another one when I upgrade tho. I think I'll have a separate island devoted just to the RBTA and he'll have his own MH, and then the other side will keep the SPS w/ their own MH.

Anyways...got some new additions. heheh. Couldn't resist...They are acclimating now so I'll take picture in a few hours and post. stay tuned....

You might consider a small pendant MH for one. Might give you a cool effect, also. This angel is amazing. I see why you got one. I think my shrimp is dead... :( I found what looks like an exo. @ the back corner of my tank... I'm hoping it was just an exo. that he shed out of stress. Nobody else in the tank is dead/dieing... The angel is hangin' around the middle and keeps coming out front to get the algae. I'm waiting for my second opinion to return home from work (regarding the shimp). Sorry you had to lose the RBTA. Your problems w/ it are the main reasons for me not trying to squeeze one into this 20L. What are you doing w/ your 30 when you upgrade?

It's just molting, dude. no need to worry...after the "naked" shrimp has rehardened its exo-skeleton, it will comeback out of hiding....and will chow down on its molted shell.

Either I'm gonna try to sell it or use it as one big-ass sump! hahah...It has a lot of scratches actually, but most ppl don't even notice it when they see my tank...did you? But when I have that sucker emptied, the scratches will be 10x more apparent and could bring down the resale....I might just end up having to sell stand plus tank for like $120 and count my losses.

But I know what a molted cleaner looks like... This looks quite meaty... I've got it in a cup just incase it is the actual shrimp and I need to "notify liveaquaria" -_- .

Very nice! Where'd you find those? (And you never told me what you're doing w/ your tank once you upgrade.) I'm sure those will love the light.

[Cesar] Yeah... That's why I went w/ the MH from the start. Didn't want to not be able to throw in a bunch of SPS. ;)

hey cesar, im in the same hole as you, ive got 80 watts over my 10 gallon and want to grow some acropora and montipora, and a clam, and a bunch of other stuff but i cant

Oops. Didn't see that part about the tank! :P I like me 20L... But your tank is quite nice... hmmm... : Make sure you let me know when you decide to do something with it... I didn't notice any scratches when I looked at it. My girlfriend and dad never said anything, either. I don't know what I'd do with my tank if I bought yours... :| Oh well... Just be sure to let me know when you're getting ready to move out of that one! ;)

Archived