Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Airedale.Reef

Airedale.Reef

Decided to treat (more of a tease really) myself with turning on the lights for a hot second, to see how the tank looks while we wait for the cycle to complete. Hopefully a few minutes will not cause an algae bloom 😎

Always so impressed with the shimmer from Kessil!

616C1041-0721-43DF-83D3-3F04C6D9BF9B.JPG

IMG_0585.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
Airedale.Reef
18 hours ago, Crawford_T said:

Looks great!! I really dig the branching rock. 

Ah Cheers, thank you! I think the branching rock adds a unique look. In my early days of reefing, I started my scape with just piling a buck of rocks on the back wall.  Here recently, in the 8g nano, I went with the island scape so I wanted to try something new. Pleased with how it turned out. 

Airedale.Reef
19 hours ago, KevMax said:

Stunning.  That is going to look great when populated with coral.

Much appreciated! I tend to struggle with coral placement lol so hopefully the branching rock won't be too much of a challenge! The plan for now is heavy LPS, with a healthy dose of rhodactis and ricordea mushrooms. 🤞

Crawford_T
5 hours ago, AiredaleReef said:

Ah Cheers, thank you! I think the branching rock adds a unique look. In my early days of reefing, I started my scape with just piling a buck of rocks on the back wall.  Here recently, in the 8g nano, I went with the island scape so I wanted to try something new. Pleased with how it turned out. 

I had a friend tell me my aquascape looked like the mountain logo for Paramount Pictures, hard to unsee it now. 

• Haha 1
Airedale.Reef

Spent some time this weekend setting up new equipment (ato,mp10) for the tank while I wait for the cycle to complete.

Tonights agenda is cable management 😵

Airedale.Reef
On 5/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, KevMax said:

You will have some good flow in there.

The Mp10 is loads of fun. I’ve spent the last two days or so trying to dial in the flow. I know most of my efforts will be in vain as I assume I’ll change everything once I get coral in the tank. I’ve paired it with the mobius app, and it’s a whole new world for me haha.IMG_0618.thumb.jpeg.8e6298b0498783d84917446044d391bb.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
Crawford_T

Haha I was the same way after I installed the MP10, the Mobius app is really cool. I have mine set to reef crest from 7a-9p then lagoon from 9p-7a. No idea if it’s good or bad, just testing it out!  

• Like 1
Airedale.Reef
On 5/7/2024 at 9:37 PM, Crawford_T said:

Haha I was the same way after I installed the MP10, the Mobius app is really cool. I have mine set to reef crest from 7a-9p then lagoon from 9p-7a. No idea if it’s good or bad, just testing it out!  

Thanks for sharing your current mode. I came home today from work to find the tank in a sandstorm 😵. It appears that 45% and a 2.5" sand bed do not play nice. I decreased the flow by 10 and assume that will help calm things down. 

• Haha 1
Airedale.Reef
14 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

image.jpeg.ac838555f7d4f5cdcd9aa46a26b9730c.jpegLove the tank and the scape. Looking forward to watching this one mature.

Aw thank you very much for the kind words! Hopefully it will not disappoint!  Tank is still cycling, and I have a few upcoming trips, so no plans to add coral/fish for at least a few weeks. Should give me plenty of time play around with coral placement ideas. 

• Airedale.Reef changed the title to Airedale.Reef's IM Fusion 30 Long
Crawford_T
7 hours ago, Airedale.Reef said:

Thanks for sharing your current mode. I came home today from work to find the tank in a sandstorm 😵. It appears that 45% and a 2.5" sand bed do not play nice. I decreased the flow by 10 and assume that will help calm things down. 

I’m honestly a little surprised that 45% kicked up as much sand in your tank. On constant, I can crank it up to as high as 45% before sand starts blowing around and I only have 18” to work with. I keep reef crest at 40%. 

Airedale.Reef
8 hours ago, Crawford_T said:

I’m honestly a little surprised that 45% kicked up as much sand in your tank. On constant, I can crank it up to as high as 45% before sand starts blowing around and I only have 18” to work with. I keep reef crest at 40%. 

The tank sits at 13" high. I have the pump on the left side wall about 2/3 up..roughly 7" above the sand bed. Not loads of room to play with, but ramping down obviously helped. Definitely getting a lot of flow for the tank at 40%. Always impressed. 

• Like 1
Airedale.Reef

As of today, the tank is processing about .75ppm of ammonia per day. Still not quite there, but I imagine we will hit our goal of 2ppm daily, by the weekend! For now, I'll just keep staring at the cycling tank. My Airedale, Ulysses has the same idea too. 

IMG_0623.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
Justind823
5 minutes ago, Airedale.Reef said:

As of today, the tank is processing about .75ppm of ammonia per day. Still not quite there, but I imagine we will hit our goal of 2ppm daily, by the weekend! For now, I'll just keep staring at the cycling tank. My Airedale, Ulysses has the same idea too. 

Lovely! 

• Thanks 1
mitten_reef
42 minutes ago, Airedale.Reef said:

IMG_0623.jpeg

Your tank room looks so clean, my wife would sure love it if our tank corner would look EVEN half as nice as this view.  😂

• Thanks 1
Crawford_T
1 hour ago, Airedale.Reef said:

IMG_0623.jpeg

Super clean.

• Thanks 1
Airedale.Reef
18 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Your tank room looks so clean, my wife would sure love it if our tank corner would look EVEN half as nice as this view.  😂

Thank you for the kind words! I told my wife this morning we will now refer to this room as our Tank Room and she just chuckled and give me a look 🙂

I would prefer to have an 80g set up such as yourself, but couldn't get that approved...and didn't have the space in this particular room. I am pleased with the progression so far, (both tank and space)  and appreciate the confidence boost. 

• Wow 1
anizato

Hey man! 

Nice tank! Looks like the Kessil worked out well. At first I was wondering if you could've used one of the 360's but you have no dead spots here. Kessil is always a good choice.

That scape is very interesting. All branches, it's feels like a secluded part of the reef, you know? Like it's not the 'main' reef, more like pieces that floated off to the side and coral started to grow there... I don't know just my imagination LOL

So what is inside that nice stand you've got going on there? Was that thing there before the tank? Did your wife help you pick it out? What's its story? And when are you going to show us under the skirt?

It's funny how we, who have wive's, have to deal with the same runarounds and stonewalls 😄  I sometimes wonder how our houses would look like if we were single. I weould probably have to swim to my bed 😁 or float on my tank to sleep🤣

So what test kits have you been using? What have you been testing for? 

Anyway, looking good my friend, I like the dog too!

ml86743

The more I see your tank the more I like the look of the two kessils.   How you think they would do with SPS? I can’t remember if I asked that before, apologies if I did haha 

• Haha 1