Cultivated Reef

365 Day Challenge: 1G Office Ocean

SaltyGallon

SaltyGallon
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Its looking very nice indeed, I like the amount and the variety in the Greens

Cheers mate. Yeah, I've got three varieties of GSP in the tank and even those are different shades of green. I'm gunna have to find one of those yellow reef lens' or something to get some better/more representative photos - so overpriced... Can buy a tinted camera lens for less than half the price.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Azur said:

Cheers mate. Yeah, I've got three varieties of GSP in the tank and even those are different shades of green. I'm gunna have to find one of those yellow reef lens' or something to get some better/more representative photos - so overpriced... Can buy a tinted camera lens for less than half the price.

What phone you got? I have a mantis set somewhere that doesn't fit my new phone

• Like 1
SaltyGallon
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

What phone you got? I have a mantis set somewhere that doesn't fit my new phone

A rather battered Samsung S7 - the camera has seen better days!

SaltyGallon

After work FTS with a banana for scale 😛

... Looking forward to getting the tank off a stack of books and on to a shelf of it's own. It doesn't look quite so aesthetically pleasing amongst all the clutter!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Azur said:

After work FTS with a banana for scale 😛

... Looking forward to getting the tank off a stack of books and on to a shelf of it's own. It doesn't look quite so aesthetically pleasing amongst all the clutter!

You just wanted to show off your book collection 😜

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SaltyGallon

Update as of 10/04/2020

... The pico's doing well and everything's looking good. The tank's had two doses of reef roids this week and it's great watching everything feed up close... The mushrooms are really greedy so hopefully they'll grow nicely in the next few months. The cloves have got a baby head so hopefully everything's settling nicely.

We're officially in the green stage. I've got some hair algae going on which I'm plucking as I see it but I'm slowly loosing the war - I want to get a small snail or two in the tank but not sure what's best? Maybe a cerith? The tank's too tiddly for a turbo I think. I've got some dove snails in the tank but they're scavengers rather than algae eaters. Suggestions welcome! 

I did something a little crazy yesterday afternoon and added two small bits of a limeberry hystrix which I snapped while moving in my nano. Not sure how much it'll thrive but lets see... For now it adds some nice 'movement' and colour - love how spikey hystrix is. Decent pics to follow soon!

Stay safe all.

20200410_132119.jpg

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

banded trochus

Second this.  Mine is a slow moving bulldozer and I like that they can right themselves after falling.  A dead snail in a tank this size would be pretty terrible I would imagine.

That being said, tank looks awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
SaltyGallon

Cheers guys. I've got a few banded trochus in my nano that I could put in. You're right acl... A dead snail in this tank would be game over!

Green jawbreaker's growing and colouring up nice 🙂

Snapchat-1944559125.jpg

• Like 2
SaltyGallon

Here's some honest reefing pics... The pico just after lights on this morning with all lights set to white. SO DIRTY!!!

It's definitely "Mean and Green". It'll be getting a water change and bloody good scrub today...!

IMG_20200413_104203_226.jpg

IMG_20200413_104239_518.jpg

IMG_20200413_104309_698.jpg

• Like 2
SaltyGallon
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

A little fuzz and some algae makes it look like a real reef. I know you need to remove it so it doesn't take over. Just maturing I think.

Exactly Deb... Just a lovely green phase. 

Just given the tank a big waterchange. The difference some TLC and a bit of blue light makes 🙂

20200413_124728.jpg

• Like 1
SaltyGallon
21 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Looks good.

21 hours ago, karisma said:

Looks really good!!!

Thanks guys. Some nicer DSLR shots to follow tomorrow when everything's less annoyed, me thinks 👍🏼

SaltyGallon

14/04/2020

... Sexy DSLR photos, as promised.

The tank's been wet for a month tomorrow! New additions: plenty of algae, and a couple of broken bits of Limeberry Hystrix sat under the return nozzle 😊

20200413230212_IMG_0058.jpg

20200413230637_IMG_0071.jpg

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Love it. It always looks so big in the pictures 

I've heard that a lot 😂.

Tank is amazing, makes me wanna try one 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Azur said:

14/04/2020

... Sexy DSLR photos, as promised.

The tank's been wet for a month tomorrow! New additions: plenty of algae, and a couple of broken bits of Limeberry Hystrix sat under the return nozzle 😊

20200413230212_IMG_0058.jpg

20200413230637_IMG_0071.jpg

Very sexy photos indeed!  I just love how 

Clean it is. You dont have any algae on the panels! 

SaltyGallon
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Love it. It always looks so big in the pictures 

... Story of my life Deb!

26 minutes ago, karisma said:

Very sexy photos indeed!  I just love how 

Clean it is. You dont have any algae on the panels! 

They were freshly scrubbed yesterday...! It was a green hair algae filled mess before!!! If you check out the back panel there's a few light dustings.

1 hour ago, Proxo said:

I've heard that a lot 😂.

Tank is amazing, makes me wanna try one 🙂

Thanks mate! It's been a bit of a doddle so far but am sure we'll run in to a few hiccups down the road 🙂

• Like 1