Jump to content
SaltyGallon

365 Day Challenge: 1G Office Ocean

Recommended Posts

The Rainy Day Aquarium

Always a good feeling putting coral in the tank! I always thought it was funny in a horrifying way how mushrooms just hurl their guts out when something bugs them😅🤮

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ef4life

Your pico is looking real good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
13 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

What a fun little tank!  

Thanks Mitten, it's intended to be silly but serious at the same time...! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
13 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Always a good feeling putting coral in the tank! I always thought it was funny in a horrifying way how mushrooms just hurl their guts out when something bugs them😅🤮

Yes indeed. Lights on in the next hour so looking forward to seeing that shroom. I suppose humans try to do the same when they're shocked... 😂

4 hours ago, ef4life said:

Your pico is looking real good.

Thanks mate. Still a few little nooks to fill but we're getting there. Have to decide what to fill them with! I'm toying with the idea of a neon green toadstall but it would likely take over in no time...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon

A crappy blue pic of the shroom in the pico. Nicely settled and spread out today. Tried feeding it a few pellets but it dropped them all haha 😊

 

20200326_125644(0).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
23 hours ago, Azur said:

A crappy blue pic of the shroom in the pico. Nicely settled and spread out today. Tried feeding it a few pellets but it dropped them all haha 😊

 

20200326_125644(0).jpg

Very neon. I like it! 

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon

Friday night in. Me and my other half both self-quarantining with cold/flu like symptoms. Happy days!

 

Pico glass needs a bloody good clean tomorrow, very dusty looking. Will hit it with it's first water change tomorrow. I'm thinking 50-75%...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Looking good!  Feel better!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ef4life

😷 hope you feel better

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon

Cheers guys 👍

Share this post


Link to post
The Rainy Day Aquarium

No fun feeling ill, get better mate! Tank is looking great! 🔥

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

I hope you both feel better.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

This is my favorite tank so far in this contest.  Well done!  👏

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
5 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

This is my favorite tank so far in this contest.  Well done!  👏

Thanks mate, really glad you're enjoying it. So far so good, but more green needed me thinks! 😎

 

Thanks for the best wishes all. Both feeling a bit better, hopefully gotten off lightly... A few more days of 'lockdown' and then happy days. More pics soon! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
9 minutes ago, Azur said:

more green needed me thinks! 😎

Looks good imo. Maybe more reds?

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
4 hours ago, karisma said:

Looks good imo. Maybe more reds?

Yeah, not a bad idea. My theme is 'Mean & Green' but just green is pretty boring haha. I put some rastas in today and a green jawbreaker which will colour up with red highlights as it gets bigger, so that'll be cool. It's looking very annoyed for now! Likewise I've got a few more ideas for zoas which will add a few more splashes of colour whilst staying 'on theme' 🙂

 

I was toying with the idea of a hammer coral but having stuck some more bits down today I don't think there's really the room for it... That and I like the simplicity of not having to worry about alk.

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon

Update as of 29/03/2020

 

The pico had it's first water change of about 2L today, which is somewhere around 75% of water volume. The nitrates tested at 15ppm before the change, so it was well due - looks like I need to cut back on the reef roids and phyto haha. Maybe just twice a week from now.

 

Filter floss was filthy (!) but the tank sides not too bad. Added some rastas (4 heads), goblin's fire zoas (2 heads) and a small jawbreaker discosoma leaf from my nano. Bit of a risk but hoping it'll become the star of the show as it ages - it's crazy green with subtle red highlights - but for now it's looking annoyed.

 

I also dropped my new digital thermometer in the water change bucket... Had to guess the temp using the old finger dip method. It's currently drying out in the boiler cupboard. Happy times 😂

 

Stay safe all.

 

20200329_173706.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
4 hours ago, Azur said:

Update as of 29/03/2020

 

The pico had it's first water change of about 2L today, which is somewhere around 75% of water volume. The nitrates tested at 15ppm before the change, so it was well due - looks like I need to cut back on the reef roids and phyto haha. Maybe just twice a week from now.

 

Filter floss was filthy (!) but the tank sides not too bad. Added some rastas (4 heads), goblin's fire zoas (2 heads) and a small jawbreaker discosoma leaf from my nano. Bit of a risk but hoping it'll become the star of the show as it ages - it's crazy green with subtle red highlights - but for now it's looking annoyed.

 

I also dropped my new digital thermometer in the water change bucket... Had to guess the temp using the old finger dip method. It's currently drying out in the boiler cupboard. Happy times 😂

 

Stay safe all.

 

20200329_173706.jpg

Gorgeous shroom!  And your right about subtle splash of color. But if green is your theme then do it up!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
11 hours ago, karisma said:

Gorgeous shroom!  And your right about subtle splash of color. But if green is your theme then do it up!

Thanks, I'm hoping it looks a little less pee'd off today. You're right re a few additional colours though - there's so many nice green corals, esp zoas, and not enough time or money haha! I added some goblin fire zoas yesterday which should have a nice splash of orange - shame mine don't look much like the over-edited pics on google 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
1 hour ago, Azur said:

Thanks, I'm hoping it looks a little less pee'd off today. You're right re a few additional colours though - there's so many nice green corals, esp zoas, and not enough time or money haha! I added some goblin fire zoas yesterday which should have a nice splash of orange - shame mine don't look much like the over-edited pics on google 🙂

They never look like the pics online lol

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
49 minutes ago, karisma said:

They never look like the pics online lol

☝️

 

This one sentence sums up the entire hobby 😂

 

Dodgy phone pic showing yesterday's additions... The jawbreaker's cheered up, which is a relief, but the GSP up top is closed after a re-glue. Should be a colourful mess when everything starts to fill in!

 

20200330_115517.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13
  • I think this tank shows lots of promise and potential. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon
48 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:
  • I think this tank shows lots of promise and potential. 
  • Thank you kindly Deb.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SaltyGallon

... The pico was relegated to standing on a pile of books at the weekend while we wait for a bookshelf!

 

All looking happy under blues this afternoon, the GSP came out to play after all 😊

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
8 hours ago, Azur said:

☝️

 

This one sentence sums up the entire hobby 😂

 

Dodgy phone pic showing yesterday's additions... The jawbreaker's cheered up, which is a relief, but the GSP up top is closed after a re-glue. Should be a colourful mess when everything starts to fill in!

 

20200330_115517.jpg

Beautiful! I love how clean it is!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...