Innovative Marine Aquariums

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Evaporation?

Aint evap much though for that swing 😕 best go try fix it slowly instead of sitting on here 😄
Fingers crossed on the urchin

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Proxo said:

Aint evap much though for that swing 😕 best go try fix it slowly instead of sitting on here 😄
Fingers crossed on the urchin

You havent put salt in the ATO have you? I been guilty of that lol

Hydro/refraco calibrated correctly?

Haha, nah i've been topping off manual at moment, not sure what happened!
- seen as the tank is only half full i'll add rodi water every now and again to stable it out, hope my order don't die on me 😞

• Like 1

Stable now, not sure what happened. 
The urchin is doing fine, the snails seem.. zombie! 

Funny the urchin purchase was to make the most out of the postage price and i'm more worried about him 😁

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Stable now, not sure what happened. 
The urchin is doing fine, the snails seem.. zombie! 

Funny the urchin purchase was to make the most out of the postage price and i'm more worried about him 😁

Where did you order from mate? 

h2oaqautics, as it was the only place i could find somehting in stock but i wont be using them again for livestock - it was wrapped well but there wasn't even a heat pad in the box.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Proxo said:

h2oaqautics, as it was the only place i could find somehting in stock but i wont be using them again for livestock - it was wrapped well but there wasn't even a heat pad in the box.

Expensive too mate. 6 snails Inc delivery £32!!

3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Expensive too mate. 6 snails Inc delivery £32!!

Yeah mate, hence the urchin purchase - i still don't really trust going places at moment so had no choice & the new tank algae syndrome was getting nuts!
I've lost 1 trochus snail, doubt it was my XL blue hermit as i dropped him a full krill in to keep him busy!

The nass snails, ain't moving much they just kind of sit sideways out of their shell..... 
Took like 3 days for the trochus snails to detach from each other too.

Anyway depressive talk over what's next?
Would a mandarin goby be okay in 140L ? (obviously i will get it later on when things are better condition for the thing)

Not really sure what else to get 😕 bit overwhelming trying to learn fish and coral but it's what keeps things interesting lol.

• Like 1

Ok i'm about 90% close to selling this prime 16HD because the app to control it is utter turd.
It's about a month old, any offers? lmao!

• Haha 1

La sump is up and running, check out that skimmer after a day 😕. Urchin is doing fine, lost few snails though.
Still got a bit of DIY, plumbing and wiring to do but i'll just plod on with that every now and again lol!

I found a bunch of gift vouchers for my LFS dated back from last year, they've not expired yet so wooop 😄 
~
P.s don't mind the rock on the left, Emerald crab is normally under there and i found a shell so idk if it's molting or dead.

P_20200711_181722.jpg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Matteo said:

What's that bag by the skimmer? 

It's just a media bag holding some filter floss for now, i've got loads of algae so been blasting it off the rocks and let the floss catch it 😄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

It's just a media bag holding some filter floss for now, i've got loads of algae so been blasting it off the rocks and let the floss catch it 😄

Ah okay. Careful for phosphate and debri build up in that bag 👀

• Like 1

Mini update, @Matteo i've gone through filter floss like no tomorrow, that's how much algae i had lol!
- The overflow box is still waterfall noise, from my research it's a common problem with this brand, i found blocking the internal to external bulkheads SLIGHTLY to cure it, meaning there
design is poop, the external box is too low by about half a cm - so i'm going to make something out of acrylic to sort it out as i don't trust just standing a piece there as it might move.

I've been doing water changes left right and center lately and algae is dying off 🙂 I'm currently dosing nopox too, 2nd day after i started dosing my skimmer cup looks like cow mushy poop!
So good brand imo, although i heard vodka is good too but i'll prob drink that more than my fish tank.

As for the invert delivery i got a while back, waste of money - my guess is they get them in, sell them instantly - my nitrate might be to blame some but - was high when i bought a bunch last year for the evo from my LFS who keeps all stock for a week or 2 before sale. So from what i can see, the urchin is doing fine, i have 2 nass snails out of 6 and 1 or 2 throchus out of 6.

Not much else to add, placed a few corals on the rocks - they're closed up in the photo but you might spot em!
- If my nitrate's are ok by sunday, good bye bank account 😄 LFS i'm coming and they have warning 😄

oh last thing, 2nd picture - if you notice the 'box' around the flooring/wall under the pc/screen it's a water pipe that goes round the tank wall to the bathroom, i'm going to attempt
to fit myself a tap - so my rodi can be hooked up closer instead of dragging it everywhere - so thought i'd rebuild my music studio while i was at it 😄

P_20200717_153257.jpg

P_20200717_214814.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds like progress!

I am sure your tank is just going through an ugly phase and it just happens to be one of the uglier phases 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was debating saving skimmate... Like a gallons worth. Next tank build nuke the new rock with the whole gallon. Boom let the cycle begin hahaha 😂 

Edit. Nah skimmate would turn so foul hahaha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eh marketing gimic imo. $10 a month for dosing? Gtfo of here. I use abcd color kit and eye ball dose. 

For calcium I bought a big bag of calcium carbonate in amazon. Used for distilling and raising oh in brewing and such.

Works perfect for calcium supplement

• Haha 1

I have a box of the foundation elements abc, had it for prob over a year - used it twice to pull levels back up after whatever went wrong, dodgy salt mix normally the case.
I've just started dosing the newer reef energy ab+ (when i remember) it was on sale so thought i'd give it a shot!

Water params have settled down now so, coral shopping incoming 😄.
Still unsure on fish tho mmh!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Proxo said:

I have a box of the foundation elements abc, had it for prob over a year - used it twice to pull levels back up after whatever went wrong, dodgy salt mix normally the case.
I've just started dosing the newer reef energy ab+ (when i remember) it was on sale so thought i'd give it a shot!

Water params have settled down now so, coral shopping incoming 😄.
Still unsure on fish tho mmh!!

Nice! 

I'm always going to recommend designer clowns. They're just my favorite fish. 

• Like 1

Ah everybody is going for them now days, i have 2x common clowns from my evo (my first ever salt purchase).
Want a mandarin goby dragonet but will have to wait a while before getting one of them.

Now i'm looking at a website for ideas on fish 😄 i shall return with a list you guys can tell me "nope nope nope" to them all haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1