Cultivated Reef

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

7 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

ah no 😞 sorry to hear that! I've never had any luck with Blennies. 

I ended up making a lid using D-D jump guard kit. I lost two fish that way, so it's a must for me really

Yeah mate, i've got some old D-D jump guard from my evo build i just never got round to ordering some more for this tank... 
My own fault really for been lazy and forgetful 😞 - i shall get another midas blenny though he was super cool to watch!

• Like 1
On 9/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, Nathans_Reef said:

Did you get the display tank from Allpondsolutions by any chance? 

I think so, yeah via amazon but not 100% it was a while back. I just drilled the holes myself, good tank - if you're thinking of getting one do a leak test as mine did leak but a bit of silly cone fixed that np 🙂 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Proxo said:

I think so, yeah via amazon but not 100% it was a while back. I just drilled the holes myself, good tank - if you're thinking of getting one do a leak test as mine did leak but a bit of silly cone fixed that np 🙂 

you sure it already leaked or were you trying the famous... ohhh no the tank's leaking, I better get a new (bigger) one quick... ??

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, afcajax73 said:

how's everything going @Proxo

The sunshine came out so the alcohol did too, spent the day in bed yesterday 😄 .
Woke up today to ALGAE everywhere!! 

Here's some pictures, don't mind the mess 😄 

Acan, toxic green hammer, candy, red blasto and anem hiding around the back still with my urchin with 2 zoa frags stolen.

P_20200921_153551.jpg

P_20200921_153434.jpg

P_20200921_153444.jpg

P_20200921_153511.jpg

P_20200921_153537.jpg

• Like 2
On 9/21/2020 at 3:45 PM, Proxo said:

The sunshine came out so the alcohol did too, spent the day in bed yesterday 😄 .
Woke up today to ALGAE everywhere!! 

Here's some pictures, don't mind the mess 😄 

Acan, toxic green hammer, candy, red blasto and anem hiding around the back still with my urchin with 2 zoa frags stolen.

P_20200921_153551.jpg

P_20200921_153434.jpg

P_20200921_153444.jpg

P_20200921_153511.jpg

P_20200921_153537.jpg

how did I miss these?! 

good update! 

Persevere with the nem, it will appear eventually! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had to move some coral around, mainly hammers will prob have to move more if nem decides to come out!
Changed the lighting a little, hopefully reduce algae - old prime server on the right still annoying me as it has a more purple tone
i've tried turning off everything but the blue and still has it, must be a slightly different white.

Some better pictures, taken on a world class brick.

Proxo 140L 25.9.20.jpg

P_20200925_203227.jpg

• Like 3

Ratvan (wont let me tag for some reason) made me question pH and Alk from his thread so i decided to shake it up tay tay style with them test kits
I've got pretty low dkh and ph on freshly mixed salt + the tank dkh was 7.4 and ph 7'ish (@ratvan there's a new BRS video explaining how they're connected).

So i'm currently dosing alk at moment, VERY slowly - up to 8.2 dkh after about week, I' might have to go for a different salt? idk 😄

Guys is that green coral on the left of the orange acan (not the green/brown acan above) actually a Bowerbanki or an Lobophyllia of some sort? 
They look the same to me, it was sold as a banki though.... they should just sell all coral as banki coz they be stealing my bank account 😄 

Also why does tank look better through these D-D Coral colour, maybe i should install the lenses into glasses? 😄 
also the guy from the ai prime website lives down the road for me, might have to get him to do my tank xD

• 1 month later...

Hello beautiful people, i'm still a live and kicking just been busy and some PC problems (i hate mobile phones).
Not much to update on the tank, something happened about 2 week ago and my water went milk style and i've lost a few coral + 2 emerald crabs.

I lost 2 montipora and the anemone i ordered 😞 
But i did purchase another anemone from my LFS for about £30 and it's about the size of the hulks hand lol!

Think my tank was becoming a bit too 'clean' so i've turned the skimmer off and upped the stock

2 clowns
1 royalgramma
1 'XL' Mandarin
3 Green Chromis
Cleaner Shrink
Tux Urchin
Odd snails and hermits

Shall return with some more pics and info once the milk has left 😄

• Like 3

Well i managed to finally get a net cover for the tank but.... the next day i found nemo in the sump LOL. Somehow managed to fit through the smallest gap into the overflow box
down the pipe and through some baffles.....

Didn't know nemo was based on a true story!

Just wondering if anybody knows of maybe some water level sensor that maybe a red light comes on when the water level is LOW.
Thinking of putting my ATO tank into a drawer but then i will most likely forget to check it's got water in it 😕 

20201103_122103.jpg

20201103_121835.jpg

20201118_173005.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Anemone was in a good place and now it's in the corner, nobody puts baby in the corner.
(Don't mind the frags all over the place, i was in a rush and needed to move them away from nemmy).

20201211_210438.jpg

20201215_164033.jpg

• Like 2

He's been moving around a bit lately but now he's kind of still pretty healthy looking but the mouth is open so wide it looks like somebody took a shotgun to one
of them face huggers from alien. 

Any idea? shall try grab a picture soon.

• 1 month later...

Anyone ever had a hammer coral 'bail' from its skeleton? i have what looks like a ping pong ball sized candy floating around.
Happened about 2 week ago, it hasn't lost any colouring or anything 😄

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 10:57 PM, Grimes said:

I loose the odd polyp which blows around the tank for days before being pulled into the filter. But a full head?! Wow 

Not sure why it happened, ain't changed anything for months and it seemed to of been doing fine but here's a good info video.