Pod Your Reef

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Any of my UK buds used polypbox for coral before?
My go to shops are kind of lacking corals at moment 😞 

I haven't but only recently discovered the site. They do seem reasonably priced, especially the WYSIWYG colonies

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I haven't but only recently discovered the site. They do seem reasonably priced, especially the WYSIWYG colonies

Yeah especially the ones that say sold out lololol. 

It's time for a big coral order as the tank has settled down but don't fancy paying for a load of delivery prices lol.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Yeah especially the ones that say sold out lololol. 

It's time for a big coral order as the tank has settled down but don't fancy paying for a load of delivery prices lol.

I was looking at that Ghost White Sinularia 😍

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

I was looking at that Ghost White Sinularia 😍

Just get a cheaper coral and crank that light up so it turns white 😄

• Haha 1

£35 shipping cost, was £13.50 last time so no thanks! 
This journal ain't gonna go anywhere at this rate, unless i do a Ratvan and start again? 😄 haha!

The only thing i can update on with the tank is the ai nero 3 is an absolute beast at 100% my tank turns into a snow glob.
Throw some filter floss in sump, nero at 100% sit back grab a beer, remove floss!

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got myself some bargains at the LFS last week, they had the shop closed for pick up orders only but they let me have a browse around 🙂
Got myself a 6 head acan - which i think might be a rainbow for £30
A monti and cyphastrea, there was some belting wall hammers for cheap but i prefer branching. 

I'll try grab some pictures when i get a new phone or something.

Also has anyone used dettol for coral dipping? 

- p.s any of my uk buds got any cheato for sale? 😄 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Proxo said:

Got myself some bargains at the LFS last week, they had the shop closed for pick up orders only but they let me have a browse around 🙂
Got myself a 6 head acan - which i think might be a rainbow for £30
A monti and cyphastrea, there was some belting wall hammers for cheap but i prefer branching. 

I'll try grab some pictures when i get a new phone or something.

Also has anyone used dettol for coral dipping? 

- p.s any of my uk buds got any cheato for sale? 😄 

Dettol dip, yeah make sure its the original brown stuff that reeks of hospitals.

0.5ml dettol per litre, used it on LPS and SPS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not much to report on the tank, i'd grab some pictures but i'm growing algae more than coral, been trying to get my nitrate and phosphate up for last 2week... both at 0 still.
filter floss is brown af and about 3 week old, skimmer cup is off so it flows back into the tank (air bubbles)...... Over feeding so much the fish don't even eat it and still 0 on both!

My new monti and cyphastrea is looking rough, the acan is doing better than the one i've had for like a year..... i have no idea what's going on anymore lol.

Also anyone any experience with an rodi booster pump? Because i only get like 3-4 drops a second and it takes foreveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr!

• 3 weeks later...

I've got acans next to acans (not touching) some are dying some are not, same with hammers....
i'm not one for water testing but i have army kicked myself to do it and i've seen nothing serious so i've honestly no idea's what's going on......... 

part of me wants to battle through it, part of me wants to do a 'semi' restart and another part of me thinks of going back to freshwater 😕 lol

• 1 month later...

Alright well, the tank went a bit pete tong hence the lack of updated pictures!
    I've removed half of the rocks, the other half are just sitting randomly in the tank (most corals on a frag rack)...

There's more "dead algae" and other crap it's like a sand bed lmao...

I've not given up though, I'LL BE BACK! 

p.s hope you all well 😄
also got a t5 light unit, fluval fx6 (i think) and some maidenhead filter rated for 300 litre if anytone interested 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, Ratvan said:

How you getting on?

Hit and miss mate, algae isn't so bad now as i bought a super army of snails but my big Favites is slowely dying off, not sure why!
I noticed there's a good few tunnels in the skeleton, with what i can only describe as something that looks like that thing on star wars that eats the millennium falcon 🤔

I'll try get a camera or something to kick start this thread with pics as i know some of you can't read 🤪.

Gall crab maybe? they're nice perfect tunnels lol

• Like 1

I've got no clue what this is burrowing holes in my coral skeleton, it's like a brown flatworm but it also has a hard shell like door it shoots into when there's light.
It's creeping me out haha, might give it a freshwater dip see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no idea what this thing is but i've just coral rx dipped and it killed it off as far as i know, i tried to get the big one out but it turned into mushy peas so can't really ID it.
There's a few more, it's like they've been digging in the coral skeleton and then eating the coral from below it's shell is like a smoke too much in the house yellow wallpaper with 
a very dark brown line 😕

It kind of looks like when you stick to pringles in your mouth to be a duck when it closed itself off in the tunnel. 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What's peoples thoughts on an inline heater on a reef? I've just found one from my old freshwater set up...
  Still no id on the pest i've got eating my corals and my brain! Think i'm going to try cut the coral into frags and hope for the best.. 

Anywho, i'm planning on some coin income soon so gonna blast it all on some corals and fish 😄

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, Proxo said:

What's peoples thoughts on an inline heater on a reef? I've just found one from my old freshwater set up...
  Still no id on the pest i've got eating my corals and my brain! Think i'm going to try cut the coral into frags and hope for the best.. 

Anywho, i'm planning on some coin income soon so gonna blast it all on some corals and fish 😄

I have no bad things to say about cannister filters or inline heaters. Used to use them all the time in FW planted set ups. I would have used the one i own for the Fluval Evo but it wont fit 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Order is here, didn't order too much due to well stock of everything seems to be like toilet paper a while back.

#Pink Diamond Zoa
#Metallic GSP (4th attempt at keeping gsp LOL)
# Jingle Bells Cyphastrea (2nd attempt)
# Grinch Monti (3rd attempt)
- bunch of astrea snails at £1 each always throw some in the basket.
and 500ml of live copepod.

Bryopsis pretty much under control.
HOPEFULLY now my tank seems to be in better condition they will be my last attempt.

I'll grab some pictures soon and also try grab picture of that pest. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well i think i'm done with this tank, some corals slowly dying off some growing fine.
But the algae, is just insane.... i even bought hanna phosphate and nitrate to better keep track.

Bryopsis (90% sure it is) not even a 100% hydrogen peroxide kills it off fully. 
My 6inch by 6inch'ish favia looks like me in the morning after rum, the anemone has just split today (it's always fully open so it was a good split reason i hope).

Some of the rock work never gets algae on it, other parts it grows like an afro lol.

RANT over 😞 
PLAN: new stand, move tank - set up the evo for the corals, have this tank as fish only until all algae is under control or something idk.. white flag!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

Just some random update pictures, you'll notice i removed most of the rock - it was due to serious algae problems.
I managed to recently combat the hair algae that's in the picture above but now i've got serious dino again...

My phosphates are still reading 0 no matter what i do.
Which i know it'll be reading that due to the dino soaking it up so i've added rowaphos even though i think i prob shouldn't of?
Everything seems to be doing fine coral wise apart from the zoa.