ReefCleaners.org

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

Ich liebe dich, i dated a german once so learned a little haha!!

Anyway; I bought some decent black spray paint to do the back of the tank but seen as the UK is underwater and i'm not spongebob
i've had to just use some stuff that was laying around in the shed, used it on the evo and it held okay, i might throw something over it to stop it peeling after..
like duct tape? XD lol.

P.S don't mind the mess, a lot is going on at moment - new TV bracket, Computer been fixed/tweaked.

P_20200210_135137.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

You guys think 2x Jebao SW-2 will be enough flow for this tank? 
I've already got 1 so ... I think 2 on full power is 1320 gph.

I'm no expert but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Proxo said:

Ich liebe dich, i dated a german once so learned a little haha!!

Anyway; I bought some decent black spray paint to do the back of the tank but seen as the UK is underwater and i'm not spongebob
i've had to just use some stuff that was laying around in the shed, used it on the evo and it held okay, i might throw something over it to stop it peeling after..
like duct tape? XD lol.

P.S don't mind the mess, a lot is going on at moment - new TV bracket, Computer been fixed/tweaked.

P_20200210_135137.jpg

Ooooooh what's your rig? 

I'm still rocking ddr3 😬😭😂

4 hours ago, Proxo said:

You guys think 2x Jebao SW-2 will be enough flow for this tank? 
I've already got 1 so ... I think 2 on full power is 1320 gph.

Plenty! 

On 2/10/2020 at 7:45 PM, Matteo said:

Ooooooh what's your rig? 

I used to run a good job and am a super nerd so, without going too nerdy 🙂
i7 6700k, 2x gtx1080 sli.

And here's we go ladies and gentleman;
FUN TIME; - Paint work needs some touching up around bulkheads but seen as i've not done a leak test yet..... lol!

P_20200212_113215.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Still not 100% on right side yet, so i ordered more rock 😄
Thinking coming back down where the pipe is in a slight curve coming to the front and then left... if that makes sense!

Ordered another branch piece, asked for a small bit for the right side so we'll see.

Oh and i've no idea where to put my xenia, Was thinking of sticking some plate rock on back glass in the left corner,
so it will kind of look like it's on that rock but in fact be on its own rock?

P_20200212_140336.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Proxo said:

I used to run a good job and am a super nerd so, without going too nerdy 🙂
i7 6700k, 2x gtx1080 sli.

And here's we go ladies and gentleman;
FUN TIME; - Paint work needs some touching up around bulkheads but seen as i've not done a leak test yet..... lol!

P_20200212_113215.jpg

Ooof that's a alot of GPU power. 

Rocking an old ass i7-2600k with a GTX1060 OC and 16gb ram. 

I can play any game but some of the more demanding games like Squad I have to do the graphics medium/medium-high

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Proxo said:

Still not 100% on right side yet, so i ordered more rock 😄
Thinking coming back down where the pipe is in a slight curve coming to the front and then left... if that makes sense!

Ordered another branch piece, asked for a small bit for the right side so we'll see.

Oh and i've no idea where to put my xenia, Was thinking of sticking some plate rock on back glass in the left corner,
so it will kind of look like it's on that rock but in fact be on its own rock?

P_20200212_140336.jpg

Coming along nicely, I like the Xenia idea, apart from the Xenia part 😄

• Haha 1

She be getting there, can't do much more until my old lad gives me a lift with the tank as i need to drill some holes in the cabinet/desk.
What a ball ache switching from Murican PVC to UK, the 'connector/switch' things ain't too good either, hope they hold.
Might have to re-plan the sump as there's not much room under there.

More rock should be here tomorrow and hopefully PVC glue. 

P_20200213_161149.jpg

• Like 4

Tank is upstairs so i needed every bit of safety measure possible and on the bright side, i'll have the plumbing stuff for the next bigger tank 😄
Here's the rock scape, i think i'm happy with it, what you guys think? - will add the little finishing touches when the sand is in.

Think i' stuck about 25 pieces together haha!

P_20200214_190954.jpg

• Like 3

Plumbing is a nightmare, so glad i dropped out of that in my younger days haha!!
I'm trying to make it slightly future proof on the plumbing too so working around stuff you don't have is tricky!

I had to move my evo again a little today and managed to have a good look behind the rock work and found the biggest aptisia i ever seen!
Also found a mushroom i think, can hardly see it - might be the one that walked off that @Ratvan sent me 😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Plumbing is a nightmare, so glad i dropped out of that in my younger days haha!!
I'm trying to make it slightly future proof on the plumbing too so working around stuff you don't have is tricky!

I had to move my evo again a little today and managed to have a good look behind the rock work and found the biggest aptisia i ever seen!
Also found a mushroom i think, can hardly see it - might be the one that walked off that @Ratvan sent me 😮

Awe dude.... @Ratvan's tank definitely has aids.

You're Riperonie bro

• Haha 3

Just dry fitted for now, looking for a skimmer to buy - so i can work around it and need some bits and bobs!
Also going to try make my own reactor out of my old PC water cooling tubes and stuff 😄

P_20200218_174411.jpg

• Wow 1
3 hours ago, Proxo said:

Just dry fitted for now, looking for a skimmer to buy - so i can work around it and need some bits and bobs!
Also going to try make my own reactor out of my old PC water cooling tubes and stuff 😄

P_20200218_174411.jpg

Bruh. You have some of the best plumbing on this forum.... 

And it's for a fricken nano 🤣

I'm just playing mate. It's gonna be such a sweet turn key system when done. 

Kinda wished I had a sumped system right now but that'll be an upgrade down the road. 

I'll be sure to share my plumbing expenses with you 😂😘👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DO IT!! Just don't ask me any questions, i sat on the floor with a beer and a smoke staring trying to imagine it in my head for hours lol!

I've ordered a few more bits of pipe as i was short on the elbows, also ordered a skimmer;
Wanted something cheap bit overpowered (future proof, tanks grow you know?) so from reviews i went with Bubble magus c3.5.

Reactors are a bit meh, they're either too small or completely huge so i'm going to attempt to make one 🙂
I've also got 2 bottles of JBL m500 co2 from my old planted tank 😮 ok, i'll slow down haha!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

DO IT!! Just don't ask me any questions, i sat on the floor with a beer and a smoke staring trying to imagine it in my head for hours lol!

I've ordered a few more bits of pipe as i was short on the elbows, also ordered a skimmer;
Wanted something cheap bit overpowered (future proof, tanks grow you know?) so from reviews i went with Bubble magus c3.5.

Reactors are a bit meh, they're either too small or completely huge so i'm going to attempt to make one 🙂
I've also got 2 bottles of JBL m500 co2 from my old planted tank 😮 ok, i'll slow down haha!

I think that I know what I will do, where to drill and how much water to drain for it to work.... 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I don't suppose you or anyone you know are looking for a Clarkii Clown are you?

Negative, no room in the evo and be a while before this tank is up and running as i'm going to re-do the full 'cabinet' with some thinner wood to gain some extra room!
I mean looking at the cabinet the redsea reefer 170 is on, think i went overkill as i was just using leftover wood but my old lass is getting a new kitchen so, plenty of free wood 😄

• Thanks 1