SaltCritters.com

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

New stand, plumbing glued - stand needs some finishing touches and i've still got a little plumbing to do but i ran out of stuff and my order is a week late lol!

Has anybody got the newer ai prime the 16HD? I've got the normal HD but can't seem to buy another anywhere so was wondering if the 16HD looks exactly the same?
Don't really like the 'yellow' moonlight on the 16HD but i guess could always just dim all but blue in options.

P_20200228_172924.jpg

• Like 1

WELL, i wish i did a leak test on the tank itself before all of this - there's a slight leak in the right front corner, can see a bubble in the silly cone.
Apart from that, only a slight leak from my plumbing so far but still need to test the return pipes.

Skimmer came last night, thing is a lot bigger than i thought but it does fit giving me room for a small fuge.ย 
Had to move my water change drain to another location and still need to plumb in my mixing station if there's enough room.

Good job i'm used to 1 step forward, 2 steps back haha!

• Like 1

Not yet pal, i ordered some silly cone but the delievery people now a days don't even give you time to put pants on, swear i'll just start answering the door in the nude!
Should be an easy fix, i've got some tensol and stuff but idk how that would react with the sillycone so just gonna wait!

Here's the skimmer in the sump, fits nice but i think it's a bit overkill as it's rated for 80gal+ย 
Leaves me about 8inch for a fuge, i'd got plenty of pipe left so can always get some external gear in the future if needed.

Still hunting for something to make my own reactors though, ain't willing to pay ยฃ50+ for a pvc tube with some easy connectors, might see what i've gotย 
in my pc building stash!

Kind of need this tank up and running asap as the evo is covered in aptasia and kind of a very big mess, corals and fish are healthy but it's an eye sore!
It's like tinder, she looks nice then you meet her hahaha!

p.s as you can see i had to move the drain water change to the other side, wanted it all in 1 area but it ain't too bad.
power will most likely go on the left (the unfinished part) and then behind that and under my pc desk i'm hoping can fit in a mixing station!

Drain display with the valve > turn sump back on so display fills > pump mixing station into the sump.
ย 

P_20200306_173736.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Proxo said:

Not yet pal, i ordered some silly cone but the delievery people now a days don't even give you time to put pants on, swear i'll just start answering the door in the nude!
Should be an easy fix, i've got some tensol and stuff but idk how that would react with the sillycone so just gonna wait!

Here's the skimmer in the sump, fits nice but i think it's a bit overkill as it's rated for 80gal+ย 
Leaves me about 8inch for a fuge, i'd got plenty of pipe left so can always get some external gear in the future if needed.

Still hunting for something to make my own reactors though, ain't willing to pay ยฃ50+ for a pvc tube with some easy connectors, might see what i've gotย 
in my pc building stash!

Kind of need this tank up and running asap as the evo is covered in aptasia and kind of a very big mess, corals and fish are healthy but it's an eye sore!
It's like tinder, she looks nice then you meet her hahaha!

p.s as you can see i had to move the drain water change to the other side, wanted it all in 1 area but it ain't too bad.
power will most likely go on the left (the unfinished part) and then behind that and under my pc desk i'm hoping can fit in a mixing station!

Drain display with the valve > turn sump back on so display fills > pump mixing station into the sump.
ย 

P_20200306_173736.jpg

or start wearing clothes around the house? :D

ย 

looking good under there :)

• Haha 2

Well, the tank is full and running - no leak on the part i fixed but possibly a slight leak from a bulkhead, might just be condensation tho.
- Other problem is as the overflow box is from murica the bulkhead sizes are different to my pipework, for the bean animal inside the box and the adaptors i have make them too fat to all fit
so i'll have to amazon some murican sizes.ย 

Think i need a bigger return pump too, Can't even feel water coming out of the returns from my 1000lph pump
I've got 2 wavemakers so eeeh idk yet!

IM EXCITED AGAIN though, so wooohooo progress ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

Well, the tank is full and running - no leak on the part i fixed but possibly a slight leak from a bulkhead, might just be condensation tho.
- Other problem is as the overflow box is from murica the bulkhead sizes are different to my pipework, for the bean animal inside the box and the adaptors i have make them too fat to all fit
so i'll have to amazon some murican sizes.ย 

Think i need a bigger return pump too, Can't even feel water coming out of the returns from my 1000lph pump
I've got 2 wavemakers so eeeh idk yet!

IM EXCITED AGAIN though, so wooohooo progress ๐Ÿ˜„

1000lph is tiny.ย 

ย 

My IM mighty jet in my 40 AIO is at 1900lph right now..ย 

ย 

I'd recommend getting a 3000+lph return pump that's controllableย 

• Like 1

It was off an old tank, i've actually got 2 of them but rather just have the 1 pump even though yes 2 is safer!

TMC has a 538gph'ish goingย for ยฃ60 (roughlyย $70 in muricano money)ย the only placeย i can find a IM mightyjet 538gph is amazon with a price of ยฃ120) $150.
Heard the IM mightyjet is quiet af though so that was a main feature for meย and not sure on TMC.

I've got some time yet anyway so i'll keep an eye out and maybe check some local facebook sales!

ย 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Proxo said:

It was off an old tank, i've actually got 2 of them but rather just have the 1 pump even though yes 2 is safer!

TMC has a 538gph'ish goingย for ยฃ60 (roughlyย $70 in muricano money)ย the only placeย i can find a IM mightyjet 538gph is amazon with a price of ยฃ120) $150.
Heard the IM mightyjet is quiet af though so that was a main feature for meย and not sure on TMC.

I've got some time yet anyway so i'll keep an eye out and maybe check some local facebook sales!

ย 

Let me amazon.uk for you real quick. Plenty of other DC pumps and brands that are good. Idk if the mighty jet is a good option for a sumped tank. It's still a tiny little pump mostly for AIO.ย 

ย 

Be back in a sec...ย 

Okay sweet. Jabao exists for you guys.ย 

ย 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jecod-Jeboa-4000-Marine-Return/dp/B07PB2DD49/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=Dc+return+pump&qid=1584296393&sr=8-2

ย 

This will be a perfect pump. I haven't heard anything negative about these Jabao pumps.ย 

ย 

Chinese knock offs but they do the job for sure and are quiet.ย 

ย 

Another oneย https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jebao-Jecod-Submersible-Aquarium-Technology/dp/B077YQQFSW/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?keywords=Dc%2Breturn%2Bpump&qid=1584296393&sr=8-10&th=1&psc=1

• Thanks 1

Aha cheers pal ๐Ÿ™‚ย Was just looking at these as i've got 2 of the powerheads and they've been alright.
Why is the 6200 lph cheaper, does that one come with coronavirus?
With 6200 lph i don't think i would need to use a turkey baster to blast some stuff off - just crank up the pump haha!!

To do list;
Tighten overflow box bulkheads - slight leak.
Slight leak on 1 return pipe to fix.
Touch up paint once leak is fixed.
Buy Pump
Sump baffles to buy/fit

Switching tank;
Cycle tank
Move fish over from evo
Destroy evo and burn all aptasiaย thenย turn into coral frag tank.
Make sure corals are aptasia free > move to tank.

THEN SPEND MONEY I DON'T HAVE ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Proxo said:

ย 

What do you need? I'm ripping down the RSM at the moment

• Sad 1
21 hours ago, Proxo said:

Aha cheers pal ๐Ÿ™‚ย Was just looking at these as i've got 2 of the powerheads and they've been alright.
Why is the 6200 lph cheaper, does that one come with coronavirus?
With 6200 lph i don't think i would need to use a turkey baster to blast some stuff off - just crank up the pump haha!!

To do list;
Tighten overflow box bulkheads - slight leak.
Slight leak on 1 return pipe to fix.
Touch up paint once leak is fixed.
Buy Pump
Sump baffles to buy/fit

Switching tank;
Cycle tank
Move fish over from evo
Destroy evo and burn all aptasiaย thenย turn into coral frag tank.
Make sure corals are aptasia free > move to tank.

THEN SPEND MONEY I DON'T HAVE ๐Ÿ˜„

Solid plan^^^^

@Ratvanย ples no rip RSM (i dont post but i follow lol)
Tbh pal, just adfter a stronk pump, think the rest is covered -ย 

What you selling off though? i gonna need somethng for the coral tank.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Proxo said:

@Ratvanย ples no rip RSM (i dont post but i follow lol)
Tbh pal, just adfter a stronk pump, think the rest is covered -ย 

What you selling off though? i gonna need somethng for the coral tank.

How you fixed for lights? Kessil A80, Par38 bulbs, Chinese Black Box. Got a tunze wave maker that I'm not planning on keeping, think I might have a spare stock pump somewhere I'll have a rummage tomorrow.ย 

• Like 1

Questions time due to corona;
Will i be able to cycle this tank with say 1/4-1/2 full with live sand and powerheads?ย 
My plan was to go to shop for water for the cycle as it'd be quicker than doing my own for 200 litre, so was thinking if above is possible.

I'm just not 100% on how bacteria works in a reef compared to fresh needing a filter!

If the above is possible, i can get it on the cycle 1/4-1/2 full, drain that nasty high nitrate and re-fill - eventually get the fish only in
then i can set up evo as a coral tankย 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you're all keeping safe out there, I'm drinking a corona for ya ๐Ÿ˜„
Return pump came @Matteo, went with the jebao can't reemember name but it's rated 5,000 lph i cranked it on full as you do and one of my pipes shot off
It was like been in the ghetto next to a fire hydrant! ๐Ÿ˜„

Apart from having water everywhere everything else is going good, had to remove the overflow box as when i tightened it up the black paint on tank came off
so re-painted that now just leak testing AGAIN if the bulkheads are tight enough, all other leakage is fixed!

I've spent 6 hours trying to tune in this overflow, i either get a damn toilet flushing from the secondary or a waterfall effect from the weir ๐Ÿ˜•

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Proxo said:

Hope you're all keeping safe out there, I'm drinking a corona for ya ๐Ÿ˜„
Return pump came @Matteo, went with the jebao can't reemember name but it's rated 5,000 lph i cranked it on full as you do and one of my pipes shot off
It was like been in the ghetto next to a fire hydrant! ๐Ÿ˜„

Apart from having water everywhere everything else is going good, had to remove the overflow box as when i tightened it up the black paint on tank came off
so re-painted that now just leak testing AGAIN if the bulkheads are tight enough, all other leakage is fixed!

I've spent 6 hours trying to tune in this overflow, i either get a damn toilet flushing from the secondary or a waterfall effect from the weir ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh nice so you did pick up the jeabo! Glad you're liking it ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

I'm gonna have to look through your thread again to see the exact sizes for everything.ย 

ย 

Strange it can't find a happy balance ๐Ÿค”

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Matteo said:

Oh nice so you did pick up the jeabo! Glad you're liking it ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

I'm gonna have to look through your thread again to see the exact sizes for everything.ย 

ย 

Strange it can't find a happy balance ๐Ÿค”

I've managed to get it silent by making the holes from the internal to external box slightly smaller, i cut some acrylic strips and just kind of 'chopped' the side of the bulkhead hole
with the acrylic. as long as i keep a habbit of checking them for blocks, i should be okay lol.

• Like 2

Well my plan to get some water from the LFS for the cycle as it'll mostly be drained after anyway has failed due to the rona.
I've thrown in powerhead and heater into roughly 30L of my own RODI/SALT mix that should be enough to get a cycle going in the sand bed/rocks??

It's going to take me forever to fill this tank ๐Ÿ˜„ everytime i hook the damn thing up somebody wants in the bath (That's the only tap rodi system will fit on in this house lol).

• Like 1

I've played a risky game here, i've added 2 clowns and 1 royal gramma after 6 days of seachem stability, i'm 5x dosing seachem prime to keep ammonia levels down.
My ammonia test kit is out of date and shop is on lockdown, i'm reading 0 nitrite and was 100 nitrAte before water change so mmmh, good side of risky.

Clowns have been in for about 7 hours, seem to be doing fine - the royal gramma is just kind of sitting on the sand but he did do some mega jumping before i caught him.

I bought some blue LED for my old fluval evo hud so i put them behind the tank to light up the bottom ๐Ÿ˜„

P_20200417_225909.thumb.jpg.c659dd22e4d71173b2c0c62161709453.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Proxo said:

I've played a risky game here, i've added 2 clowns and 1 royal gramma after 6 days of seachem stability, i'm 5x dosing seachem prime to keep ammonia levels down.
My ammonia test kit is out of date and shop is on lockdown, i'm reading 0 nitrite and was 100 nitrAte before water change so mmmh, good side of risky.

Clowns have been in for about 7 hours, seem to be doing fine - the royal gramma is just kind of sitting on the sand but he did do some mega jumping before i caught him.

I bought some blue LED for my old fluval evo hud so i put them behind the tank to light up the bottom ๐Ÿ˜„

P_20200417_225909.thumb.jpg.c659dd22e4d71173b2c0c62161709453.jpg

I would add as much water you can mix a day, more or less the same as doing a daily water change at this point. Are you still topping off?ย 

ย 

That's if the family is not camping out in the shower that is

Yeah i'm gonna do that just to be on the safe side. I'm going to have to 'top off' with rodi then add new mix to keep salinity in check aint i? i didn't think of that
Damn you rona lol. I've put a water line on the tank.

• Like 1

Well i had a 30-40L tank i was going to clean out to make into a frag tank but i dropped it YAY ๐Ÿ˜ž
Now i'm in the market for a small frag tank, like 4-5g - i know it's small but it's more of a reef corona lockdown tank before i move corals into new tank.

• Like 1

I've just ordered 2 tanks, both 25L 40x25x25 - it'll fit snug against current tank to Corona lockdown my corals before moving them.
When that's done i'll be using both as a mixing station, 1 for RODI and ATO and the other for mixing a batch to pump right into the display.

I might yet have to get something else for the ATO as evaporation is mental, i might attempt some custom glass lids as i've got the parts to cut/drill glass.
Just not sure how much a glass lid will effect lights par, i've messaged my LFS asking to borrow a par meter but again, can't get glass can't get par meter - rona.

For a guy who doesn't leave the house much due to anxiety, i'm feeling trapped af during lockdown - you lot that normally go out must be close to hitting the heroin.
(I'll watch Trainspotting for ya).

Here's the tank at the moment, obviously sump is running, just live sand, heater and powerhead on full smack.
Been about a week, fish seem ok, been dosing seachem stability and x5(depending on test results)ย dosage on seachem prime to detoxify ammonia.

Not ideal i know, i think the live sand helped more than people give credit for when doing it this way.

P_20200424_231249.jpg

• Like 1