Pod Your Reef

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

LMAO!!  Im hearing that janky noise right now from both tanks!!

I ordered the Tunze return for the EVOreef too, I'm sick and tired of the noise.  

The Aqamai comes tomorrow (to blow sand all over the place)...Im worried im gonna have way too much flow like I do in the EVOreef (the gyre is set a 10% and 30%reverse) and all you hear is snails and hermits rolling down the tank like a bowling balls going down the lanes. LMAO!

omgomgomg

5 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Are we talking traditional powerhead or propeller style? I have a jebao SW2 that might be loud, I can't really tell, cause I haven't put it in a tank yet, but i can hear a hum when it kicks on

Right now I have bees in a power head buzzing in the pico.  

4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm down for anything that is small, with decent flow, and is quiet.  Basically I want it all.  Haha.

We will all find out tomorrow. If the Aqamai is pico friendly!!! 

• Like 1

lol, it prolly will never get past 5 percent power. I can see me setting it up now minimum 1% max 5%  random mode and night mode will be 1%min 2%max.......hahahhahaha 😂🌊

• Haha 1

That pico life..... pico heat, pico chill.

The pico fans are really powerful, move a ton of air and sound like a pico jet engine lol...❄️  🛩️

IMG_4247.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

• Like 2

Aqua clear up and running with fuge.  Its not loud 😃

My top doesn't fit and showing some black trim...😤 this little 5 gallon is about to go rimless lol

Super janky intake tube mod, and its right infront of viewing panel.....smh!

Fuge is looking good.

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Traitor!!!

lol, its still jank!!  just ripped off the trim to fit in my aquaclear. hahahahah🤣

Tank got up to 80.2 degrees turned on one fan for 10 min or so, and it dropped a degree to 79.2 degrees.  Thats decent I think given that I will have two fans mounted.  I just need to get that regulator to turn heater or fans that everyone has what's it called? 

58 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Tank got up to 80.2 degrees turned on one fan for 10 min or so, and it dropped a degree to 79.2 degrees.  Thats decent I think given that I will have two fans mounted.  I just need to get that regulator to turn heater or fans that everyone has what's it called? 

Temperature controller

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inkbird-ITC308-Digital-Temp-Controller-110V-Temperature-Sensor-Thermostat-Switch/322059258645?hash=item4afc3a4b15:g:Ig8AAOSwjvxbOxpL:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!90290!US!-1&frcectupt=true

• Like 1
1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Inkbird temp controller 

Thats it!

3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

It looks good!

Thanks Clown79 

mariahranch
12 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Aqua clear up and running with fuge.  Its not loud 😃

My top doesn't fit and showing some black trim...😤 this little 5 gallon is about to go rimless lol

Super janky intake tube mod, and its right infront of viewing panel.....smh!

Fuge is looking good.

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

Glad your heater fits in the filter. I ordered a neotherm and it doesn’t really fit in the ac 50 and I think it’s not going to be attractive in the tank 😫. I might have to switch it out for one of my old marina 10w heaters similar to this that will fit in the AC

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mariahranch said:

Glad your heater fits in the filter. I ordered a neotherm and it doesn’t really fit in the ac 50 and I think it’s not going to be attractive in the tank 😫. I might have to switch it out for one of my old marina 10w heaters similar to this that will fit in the AC

Yea dont really know why everyone is going so big on heater. This tank is only 2.5 gallons. With pump, hob filter, and leds. This tank gets to 80 on its own lol. Aquaeon 10 watt $10 very tiny

13 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

It's Aqamai day!  Nice job de-rimming even tho no one will see it. Haha. 

It's on delivery truck now....lol

I really didn't want to de rim it but with the aqua clear installed. A smidge of black trim was showing.  I wasn't having that, going from janky to classy 🙂

I can only imagine what ultra clear low iron, mitered edges would look like???? 🤤

Just added some marine pure bio balls, 2 split, and 2 whole under chaeto I can prolly split 2 more under chaeto.  I only have one piece of lr so this should def help.

.IMG_4268.thumb.jpeg.23190ba77f77c5a29e91e19d36550963.jpeg 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I have a heater that like to cook, im at 81.9 now just hit 82 🌶️

IMG_4273.jpeg

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4276.jpeg

I bet the fans work pretty well. Nice DIY