SaltCritters.com

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Is it shedding? Hm

Didnt know they shed🤷‍♂️.. I'll have to do some googleing.. 🤔🤔 but I have had this guy for about a year or so and havent seen anything like this before either.... 

On 7/18/2020 at 11:57 AM, FISHnChix said:

Well here is a new one.  My gorg just stopped opening up. Yesterday they was a snail by it and it was about half opened.  Didnt think anything of it bc of the snail. Today it has zero polyps out🤔.. 

Really weird. All the other corals look great too. Wondering if when I chopped up those mushrooms this week caused this.. 

15950986277491328138253288421418.jpg

So on a bright note the gorg came back. Pretty sure it got some of the mushroom ooze on it . Stayed closed up for a couple days then yesterday had some slime coming off it (shedding?) And today looks like this 😊

20200720_151627.jpg

• Like 2

So I got some of this red bubble alage. Never seen anyone else who has had it 🤔.. in my old tank it popped up in a few places. Havent had it in my new tank for 2 years even though I transferred corals. Last week I saw 2 little bubbles on a frag. Removed the coral and pulled the bubbles and treated with peroxide.. noticed 2 other little bubbles in a differant spot and decided to kill it with astrea stars😯. In my old tank I had some stars that would be on top of the red bubbles then the next day they would turn neon orange and then die.  So I decided to take one of my corrline eating dang astrea stars and put it near the bubble.  And sure enough today it was  orange  . Hopfully it goes away 😁🍻

20200720_151649.jpg

• Like 1
mitten_reef
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I got some of this red bubble alage. Never seen anyone else who has had it 🤔.. in my old tank it popped up in a few places. Havent had it in my new tank for 2 years even though I transferred corals. Last week I saw 2 little bubbles on a frag. Removed the coral and pulled the bubbles and treated with peroxide.. noticed 2 other little bubbles in a differant spot and decided to kill it with astrea stars😯. In my old tank I had some stars that would be on top of the red bubbles then the next day they would turn neon orange and then die.  So I decided to take one of my corrline eating dang astrea stars and put it near the bubble.  And sure enough today it was  orange  . Hopfully it goes away 😁🍻

20200720_151649.jpg

I have these, or something similar. Mine doesn’t grow fast at all. Although we did just found out I have chronically low N and P, the algae growth may change. 😅. Need to check in on them. I thought they’re neat little display “macro” for me. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I have these, or something similar. Mine doesn’t grow fast at all. Although we did just found out I have chronically low N and P, the algae growth may change. 😅. Need to check in on them. I thought they’re neat little display “macro” for me. 

Yea this was never a prob in my tank. Kinda annoying.  I don't like stuff growing I didnt put in there Haha.  The green bubble alage is nuts though.  Glad I don't have that

Yea I battle with low nutrients too. Just bought a salfert niatate kit and got zero readings. I think the test is junk though. Seems like it's the one salfert kit that is sub par.  Ordered a red sea kit. P  is hovering around .05 on the hanna. Had to get a hanna bc all other kits are way hard to read imo..

Gunna step up my feeding and hope it helps. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
mitten_reef
On 7/20/2020 at 8:53 PM, FISHnChix said:

@mitten_reef what a out this corrline free glass though 😊😉.. lot of work but I like the clean look. Here is a washed out photo

20200720_175153.jpg

coralline for the win...someone has to help suck up all the alk I'm overdosing...🤣

But really, tank looks great, that stylo just keeps growing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

that stylo just keeps growing.  

Dont jinx it😬... I have been slowly raising my lights . Might have went too fast stylo was starting to bleach so I back it back down 😂.. when I started this tank I got two of the kessils but one a narrow version.  Hoping to use it for greater par on the top right for sps.. I dunno I dont like that thing seems like a lazer beam.  way to narrow of spread.  Need to get another kessil 360 wide version..

• Like 2

So I really want 2-3 more colorful fish.. royal gramma for sure. I'd hate to do it again but the orange on a clownfish is just so vibrant. Hate how mean they get..

Any suggestions on a couple fish??Something bright orange or red would would awesomeness... not wrasses though . I really dont want to do the whole screen top. (Yea yea I know I should already have one🤦‍♂️)

2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I really want 2-3 more colorful fish.. royal gramma for sure. I'd hate to do it again but the orange on a clownfish is just so vibrant. Hate how mean they get..

Any suggestions on a couple fish??Something bright orange or red would would awesomeness... not wrasses though . I really dont want to do the whole screen top. (Yea yea I know I should already have one🤦‍♂️)

Get a top and get some wrasses..................the only great colorful fish out there.............. and yeah #### the clowns.............

• Haha 1
mitten_reef
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Flame angel is one of my favorite, for the red look. Thinking about getting one on the next tank. 

• Like 2
Just now, mitten_reef said:

Flame angel is one of my favorite, for the red look. Thinking about getting one on the next tank. 

There nice but hit and miss as some do like corals...........

• Like 1

This one is one of my favorites in my tank...............

image.jpeg.e4e776d727c09662de540285d6069312.jpeg

along with this one also...........its close on colors..........

Pinkface Wrasse and Radiant Wrasse - Compatibility.

and cant forget the tameran................

Saltwater Marine Aquarium Fish: Tamarin Wrasse

need to find a male...........

image.jpeg.42435789d848d9623b579f876613dc79.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Yea I love those but damn they are too active . Had one in a small tank and the guy made me dizzy doing laps lol. Oh and he gave my tank velvet.  That sucked lol.

I liked my flame hawk until he went carpet surfing.  And he was actually a model citizen even though I've been told they will become a mass murder in time..

1 minute ago, spectra said:

This one is one of my favorites in my tank...............

image.jpeg.e4e776d727c09662de540285d6069312.jpeg

along with this one also...........its close on colors..........

Pinkface Wrasse and Radiant Wrasse - Compatibility.

and cant forget the tameran................

Saltwater Marine Aquarium Fish: Tamarin Wrasse

need to find a male...........

image.jpeg.42435789d848d9623b579f876613dc79.jpeg

Soooo your saying I need to bite the bullet and get a screen top lol.. I love the rimless look but some of these guys make some clean ones now. Hate the lead times though

4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Soooo your saying I need to bite the bullet and get a screen top lol.. I love the rimless look but some of these guys make some clean ones now. Hate the lead times though

I have a red sea one and cant even see it anymore...........it sits flush with the top of the glass...........

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

have a red sea one and cant even see it anymore.

Well that's not surprising your old .. 🤙😋

• Haha 1
mitten_reef
37 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well that's not surprising your old .. 🤙😋

Richard. 

54 minutes ago, spectra said:

There nice but hit and miss as some do like corals...........

Yeah that’s why I still don’t have one. But doesn’t stop me telling others to get one tho. 😅

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Richard

Your not wrong but the old man knows hes my hero , so it's all good😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Your not wrong but the old man knows hes my hero , so it's all good😋

Thanks I think coming from someone who drinks bud light from a koozie............... :lol:

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Thanks I think coming from someone who drinks bud light from a koozie............... :lol:

What.. I never said I had high standards.. 😋.

Well time for bed old timer. 4.30 comes quick..  🍻🤙😎