SaltCritters.com

Sharbuckles Low Boy Lagoon

Sharbuckle

On 2018-04-07 at 10:44 PM, Type-H20 said:

Very cool setup.  Where did you get the lowboy?

Big Als in Ottawa.

On 2018-04-07 at 8:25 PM, k4ndyk1ng said:

Looks awesome, I am following along!

On 2018-04-07 at 8:28 PM, uwdanno said:

Looks great! 

Thanks guys :)

Well. I went away for three days and came back to......

Dinos

Crazy diatoms

Bryopsis.

Added some sand, macros and a refugium light. As well I added a small ammount of phosphate minus. 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Arrrgh. Just gotta get through it. It's good to have ugly tank pictures when you look back though :)

Very true! Love the new avatar by the way! 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Well. I went away for three days and came back to......

Dinos

Crazy diatoms

Bryopsis.

You forgot to mention the leak. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Ugh dont remind me Jerry.... i almost forgot about it

That's why you have me as a friend. Is it the bulkhead?

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, ChristopherDido said:

Looking Great!  I will have to enjoy looking at yours for the forseeable future!  So please keep us posted!

I will. 

Lets see, algae bloom was just horrendous. So much diatom and bryopsis.

upped my flow, turned down lights, added some nassarius, added a tiny rabbitfish and a orange mark goby. Added some gfo as well.

rabbitfish is a temporary algae eating machine, orange mark is sifting the sand quite well.

algae is finally dissipating. 

Pics to come this week sometime. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Sharbuckle
15 minutes ago, bluecard said:

The tank is looking great. I really like the dimensions of the 50. Wish I could find one locally. 

Hope you can find one! Its a fun new challenge.

Mangroves arriving today! Woohoo

Awesome scape. Love the top down look. 

Did you buy some of the live rock with the mushrooms on them, Xfer them, or how did you attach them? Looks very natural. Love it. 

Sharbuckle

Mangroves! Gotta wait for all the other reefers that got in on the order to grab theirs before I place mine. Going to add a grow light above the mangroves to run a few hours a day. 

Also. I ordered some turtle grass. Need to beef up the sandbed on the right hand side for the grass, needless to say their will be some rescaping in the near future. 

23975018-F8A6-48DF-BA5E-DEF3B135FF8D.jpeg

CBF40BBB-37A9-4387-A83B-71D35988DC3D.jpeg

9EE88CC7-3B9C-4D2B-A89F-5D46C66212B6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Sharbuckle

Update time.

Placed all the mangroves where I want them and added an LED grow light above the right side of the tank. Mangrove placement is looking awesome, just need the rest of the group buyers to come pick theirs up. 

Added some turtle grass as well. Sand doesn’t seem deep enough but it looks pretty cool. May add more sand to the sump and have it down there.

Despite many warnings of them being coral nippers. I added a Lemonpeel Angelfish. The LFS told me he was in another reefers tank for over a year and was a model citizen. So far, 3 days in he seems to be holding true to that statement. Always wanted one and its a beautiful fish.

Thats two “with caution” fish now including the blotched rabbitfish. We’re breaking down borders and stereotypes here folks!

My sump is now full of zoanthids from my 40g, the wrasse is taking care of a nudi problem. 

9597FAB3-D3DC-49AB-810D-B1530272CAC6.jpeg

• Like 3
mbarton2010
2 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Update time.

Placed all the mangroves where I want them and added an LED grow light above the right side of the tank. Mangrove placement is looking awesome, just need the rest of the group buyers to come pick theirs up. 

Added some turtle grass as well. Sand doesn’t seem deep enough but it looks pretty cool. May add more sand to the sump and have it down there.

Despite many warnings of them being coral nippers. I added a Lemonpeel Angelfish. The LFS told me he was in another reefers tank for over a year and was a model citizen. So far, 3 days in he seems to be holding true to that statement. Always wanted one and its a beautiful fish.

Thats two “with caution” fish now including the blotched rabbitfish. We’re breaking down borders and stereotypes here folks!

My sump is now full of zoanthids from my 40g, the wrasse is taking care of a nudi problem. 

9597FAB3-D3DC-49AB-810D-B1530272CAC6.jpeg

This post requires more pictures...... Get with the program!!

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
9 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

This post requires more pictures...... Get with the program!!

Okay okay. A quick FTS today, ill post more tomorrow. 

15E80795-2580-42C4-8C9C-CA119CD27603.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
  • 3 weeks later...
skijumpersc

I've been lurking this thread for awhile, but the suspense was killing me enough that I made an account. I want to see more of this tank, especially those mangroves!

Sharbuckle
5 minutes ago, skijumpersc said:

I've been lurking this thread for awhile, but the suspense was killing me enough that I made an account. I want to see more of this tank, especially those mangroves!

Well i suppose i can post an update for ya! 

• Like 1