Cultivated Reef

Sharbuckles Low Boy Lagoon

Sharbuckle

Here it is. The first look.

These rocks need to be cured so this wont be the exact scape. It will be similar though. Waterfall may not happen. Warned about craziness. 

8FF6CCEB-895F-4AD6-B568-1015B6FAB4B8.jpeg

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Rybren said:

That's going to be awesome Shawn. It's almost time for a visit.

For sure Jerry. Ill be home on wednesday if you want to pop by

Well the idea of a waterfall was nice but @ReefWeeds convinced me it may be a bad idea. Mangroves and air plants it is. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rybren said:

I can do Wednesday.

Why would the waterfall be a bad idea? Salt creep and airborne salt particles?

Salt spray and creep. Too much hassle. Im a lazy reefer so I dont like anything that creates more work. 

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Very nice!

Thanks Kim :) 

Light is hung. Going for a very industrial look. I think the contrast between it and the corals/plants is gonna be amazing. 

8032CE0B-2298-40DF-B9D6-0B96ECE35A9B.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Cool tank! Also inspired by some of my very favorite tanks of all time...

Ugh breaker issues, one I know all too well :(

Please do tell, did you get passed it? 

Well. 

Light issues aside. The eshopps overflow has a leak.

had to cut my plumbing and take a look, the gaskets must have been bent or something, as soon as i reassembled the box and leaked tested again, everything was fine. Off to get some coupling to reattach my plumbing. Filling up display tonight. Very excited. 

The build is looking mighty fine Shawn. Thanks for the frag and thanks? for getting me to buy even more corals today.  You're a bad influence. :)

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rybren said:

The build is looking mighty fine Shawn. Thanks for the frag and thanks? for getting me to buy even more corals today.  You're a bad influence. :)

It was a fun morning!! I got a bit to excited and chopped the t5 out of the fixture by accident..... oops! So now the fixture is just holding two primes...

oh well. Now i plan on adding one more prime and that should do the trick! Live and learn 

Hmm. Didnt think id have much of a cycle considering the rock has been curing for almost 3 months. However, testing today shows

Ammonia .20

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Gotta monitor that ammonia so I can add my splitface clownfish to the display. Theyre tired of my dark sump. 

Well. My light fixture fell and into the tank overnight. One of the primes is shot and im at a loss. Why me? I guess im going to have to sell some coral from my 40 to be able to afford a new light :( 

• Sad 2
4 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Well. My light fixture fell and into the tank overnight. One of the primes is shot and im at a loss. Why me? I guess im going to have to sell some coral from my 40 to be able to afford a new light :( 

Huge bummer! I'm sorry about the set back. On a brighter note, the tank and its dimensions are simply bad ass. I'm super jealous... even with the lights taking a swim.

49 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Oh sh!t! At least you hadn't put in livestock yet so nothing fried, though losing the light really stinks. 

Do you know why the mount failed so you can be sure it won't happen again?