Cultivated Reef

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

On 4/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, dling said:

In an earlier post you mentioned something increasing the amount of blue in some of your corals.

How to you do that ? BTW. Great job on the tank. Im sure that most of us would be happy

just to be able to do half as well. 

Ah, is that in reference to the quote about being like the vendors? I meant turning up the blues on my lighting :D. 

On 4/8/2020 at 2:02 AM, duncantse said:

Hi there just wanna say I read through your entire thread and your tank is stunning! 

What are your thoughts on dosing amino acids? I've noticed that you stopped dosing the red sea colors. 

Thanks! I've never had much success dosing supplements of any kind beyond the standard 2 part/3 part dosing regimen. For me, amino acids typically lead to an outbreak in cyano. Not sure if that's me doing something wrong though....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 7:32 AM, picoreef78 said:

Wow beautiful. 

Thank you!

On 4/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, Cannedfish said:

@mitten_reef did not lie. 

Your. Tank. Is. Insane. 

Hahaha, I think @mitten_reef gives me too much credit. 

Speaking of, mittens, you were worried about the Holy Grail looking bleh under normal lighting conditions - here's mine at my usual mix. I run 2 Blue+, 1 Purple, 1 Coral and Radions are currently set to 100% blues, purples, 35% whites,reds, greens. So not windex blue lol. Ignore my cyano and microbubbles floating around. 

1820845170_DSC_11801-Edit.thumb.jpg.e6bb6eaa715f00b2e54faadfe42077b7.jpg

• Like 4
mitten_reef
9 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Thank you!

Hahaha, I think @mitten_reef gives me too much credit. 

Speaking of, mittens, you were worried about the Holy Grail looking bleh under normal lighting conditions - here's mine at my usual mix. I run 2 Blue+, 1 Purple, 1 Coral and Radions are currently set to 100% blues, purples, 35% whites,reds, greens. So not windex blue lol. Ignore my cyano and microbubbles floating around. 

1820845170_DSC_11801-Edit.thumb.jpg.e6bb6eaa715f00b2e54faadfe42077b7.jpg

that HG looks awesome, maybe one day.  still don't think I can convince my wife it's worth the current asking price.  I can't even convince myself - and that's usually the easy part.  😂

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

that HG looks awesome, maybe one day.  still don't think I can convince my wife it's worth the current asking price.  I can't even convince myself - and that's usually the easy part.  😂

It's not worth the current asking. I got this way back before the price hikes - I think 250 for a head. 

• Like 1
pokerdobe

That feeling in your stomach when FedEx reschedules your overnight delivery to the next day and the box contains 2 Colorado Sunbursts. 

Gunna be real hard to reach that zen meditation state tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:

That feeling in your stomach when FedEx reschedules your overnight delivery to the next day and the box contains 2 Colorado Sunbursts. 

Dang man, that sucks.  Hopefully they'll be ok.  

mitten_reef
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:

Whoa, hope for best weather in transit. 

Just now, pokerdobe said:

Thanks!

@DreC80 @mitten_reef There's a rescue plan in motion - hopefully will pan out. Otherwise, we're gunna get to see how hardy these nems really are. 

They better be bullet proof for the price lol.  Hope it all works out.  Keep us posted.

pokerdobe
Just now, DreC80 said:

They better be bullet proof for the price lol.  Hope it all works out.  Keep us posted.

Luckily, even if these perish, there's more, so the buyer should be getting his nems regardless. 

What really irks me is FedEx right now. 

Just now, pokerdobe said:

Luckily, even if these perish, there's more, so the buyer should be getting his nems regardless. 

What really irks me is FedEx right now. 

Tough times for sure.  I'm sure FedEx is just overwhelmed at this point.  Once the anemone situation is resolved and you get into your zen state, how about an FTS for us? 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
10 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Tough times for sure.  I'm sure FedEx is just overwhelmed at this point.  Once the anemone situation is resolved and you get into your zen state, how about an FTS for us? 

Nice pivot. 😂

• Thanks 1
pokerdobe
22 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

I dunno, my tank is kinda ugly right now lol. I went off the rails and tried too many things at once. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
11 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

I dunno, my tank is kinda ugly right now lol. I went off the rails and tried too many things at once. 

Why would you do such things such as tinkering with your tank? Still share us the pics, you know we can handle the good, and the bad. 😬. Plus it’d force you to take the photos of this “kinda ugly” phase for visual record. 

• Like 1
  • pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS