Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

5 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

usually how it goes.  Wouldn't the torch have just lit up the paly?  I thought they have pretty strong sting.  but I've never kept a paly grandis, so don't know how potent they are when it comes to coral warfare.  ps - are they the one with palytoxin?  if so, please dispose carefully should you decide to do so.    

No idea on the paly - just bought it labeled as "Grandis." It's probably toxic, but I've also cooled down from my irritable mood. The torch is a nice neon green with yellow tips and I'm kind of attached to it. 

5 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

1789896835_Frag3.thumb.jpg.1878fee0619fb99f3fc9e29567ffabae.jpg

btw, are these the same group as the two pics above it, but rearranged?  or are they more frags?

Same group, rearranged. I had to move things around to actually get the pack in one go. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, xiaoxiy said:

Is that top picture a rainbow loom? Looks great regardless.

I acquired it as ARC Master Yoda, though they look the same to me. I plan on getting Rainbow Loom to see if they are the same. 

PSA - While you are confined to your homes, you should be taking the opportunity to finally:

• Test your damn parameters, so that next time someone asks you, you can actually answer instead of answering "they're perfect."
  • Clean out your pumps, which you've probably neglected for a year now
  • Clean off your lights - which is chock full of dust
  • Replace your media, if you use any
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, picoreef78 said:

Looking awesome as always.

Thanks!

On another note, I've given the official eviction notice to my bartletts. I spent yesterday with a tiny hook and line, fishing them out, one by one. I'll admit, it's the most fun I've had all week. 

Please don't judge me. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:

Thanks!

On another note, I've given the official eviction notice to my bartletts. I spent yesterday with a tiny hook and line, fishing them out, one by one. I'll admit, it's the most fun I've had all week. 

Please don't judge me. 

I tried that one time on a wrasse and the hook wouldn't work lol.. it was too big.  I tried a super small trout hook too.. what size hook did you use??

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Why take them out ? 

I like the anthias I have. 

The bartletts, as they've grown larger and older, have become rather aggressive. I started off with a single male and 7 or 8 female. At this point, they've all transitioned to male, except one. As a result, all they do is fight, break corals, and preventing my precious ventralis from eating or leaving their caves. Seeing as even 2 ventralis are arguably more valuable than all my bartletts combined, I'm opting to remove the bartletts. 

22 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I tried that one time on a wrasse and the hook wouldn't work lol.. it was too big.  I tried a super small trout hook too.. what size hook did you use??

I'm not sure what the specific size is - I just googled microfishing when I first started looking into removing fish via line and hook and stumbled across this. 

https://www.amazon.com/Owner-20304-Bitterling-half-moon-0-0-3/dp/B001HY7ISK 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just read through this and wow......absolutely incredible job. The coloration and growth on those acros are just insane. Do you all the equipment your using listed anywhere in addition to your dosing schedule.

Love the shiba too BTW I miss mine 

• Like 1
On 4/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, Rehype said:

Just read through this and wow......absolutely incredible job. The coloration and growth on those acros are just insane. Do you all the equipment your using listed anywhere in addition to your dosing schedule.

Love the shiba too BTW I miss mine 

Thanks! I tend to think I just kind of just lucked onto success 😛 . For now.... lol. 

I actually don't think I have my full of list equipment anywhere, so I suppose now is a good a time as any. 

• Reefer 750xxl
  • 4x Radion G4 Pro
  • 4x T5
  • 2x Gyre 350
  • 2x MP40QD
  • RO 202s skimmer
  • Sicce SDC 9
  • Kore 5th doser (looking to replace)
  • Auqa UV 40w

Dosing wise, I'm currently dosing ESV alk and ca spread out over 12 doses a day and NoPox over 6 doses per day. 

😞 sorry to hear about your shibe. Have you considered getting another?

• Like 1

Luck or no luck, awesome tank.  How long have you been dosing nopox and what led you to start using it?  I have a reefer xl425 SPS heavy and have considered using it at times since my no3 runs in the 20s, but don't want to chase numbers and screw it up.

• Like 1

Where are the 40s located ?

I just took mine out an d replaced them with the reef wave 45s............ have 2 40s laying around now............

• Like 1
22 hours ago, DreC80 said:

Luck or no luck, awesome tank.  How long have you been dosing nopox and what led you to start using it?  I have a reefer xl425 SPS heavy and have considered using it at times since my no3 runs in the 20s, but don't want to chase numbers and screw it up.

I say if you're corals are growing fine, then there's no reason to implement nopox. I've been using it for a while now, and it was typically to control my PO4 more so than my NO3. I've always had difficulty keeping my PO4 below .2. 

22 hours ago, spectra said:

Where are the 40s located ?

I just took mine out an d replaced them with the reef wave 45s............ have 2 40s laying around now............

Recent additions for my tank - I'm using them to supplement flow in dead areas behind the rockwork. 

• Thanks 1

In an earlier post you mentioned something increasing the amount of blue in some of your corals.

How to you do that ? BTW. Great job on the tank. Im sure that most of us would be happy

just to be able to do half as well. 

Hi there just wanna say I read through your entire thread and your tank is stunning! 

What are your thoughts on dosing amino acids? I've noticed that you stopped dosing the red sea colors. 

• pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS