Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

ninjamyst
33 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Love your tank ninja!

Thanks!  I know you have the same tank but do you have a build thread??

26 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

It's minimalist with a beautiful bridge of rock covered in awesomeness.  Yes, not overdone.  It's perfect.

Thanks!  I am really hoping I can get the whole bridge covered with zoas soon.  Had this rock for like 2.5 years now and kept changing what's on it.  Now I am settled to make it a zoa bridge, except for where the Maxi Maxi is covering.

19 minutes ago, stellablue said:

:wub: I love this tank. It's so well done and I call BS on you having trouble taking photos of it. 

Im sorta kinda glad and really depressed at the same time that you're not doing the 100 Days of Nanos contest 

I was soooo tempted to join the contest and just transfer everything here over.  But that would be kinda cheating =P.  And I wouldn't know what to do with two 14 gallon peninsula tanks.  But I am definitely rooting for you to win it!

12 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

This is beautiful!  The bridge is pretty neat!

Thank you!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

A couple of updates:

• Flame Angel is only here for a few more weeks of observation QT.  It wasn't eating at first but after prazipro and freshwater dip, it is eating frozen like a champ.  Will hold it here for a few more weeks to make sure it is not eating nipping on corals.  Don't call tang police on me.
  • GHA mostly all gone after a few scrubbing with H202.  
  • Mounted torch and frogspawn to top of the rock to replace gorgonians
  • Started to build up a nice zoa garden from frags from the 75 gallon.  Can't wait for it to spread the entire rock.
  • Taking pics of this tank is really hard.  Not sure why...

34413723861_2e17515d20_z.jpg

34544017805_6d1947b40c_z.jpg

33701290334_02b457d066_z.jpg

34158170710_06b0fab571_z.jpg

Very awesome looking tank. I like how its minimalist and super clean looking!

• Like 1
ReefWeeds
8 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Thanks!  I know you have the same tank but do you have a build thread??

Thanks!  I am really hoping I can get the whole bridge covered with zoas soon.  Had this rock for like 2.5 years now and kept changing what's on it.  Now I am settled to make it a zoa bridge, except for where the Maxi Maxi is covering.

I was soooo tempted to join the contest and just transfer everything here over.  But that would be kinda cheating =P.  And I wouldn't know what to do with two 14 gallon peninsula tanks.  But I am definitely rooting for you to win it!

Thank you!!

What about putting both of them together on that same cabinet? It actually would look so cool having them together! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 9:17 PM, ninjamyst said:

I must say I am very proud of myself for keeping the brommie look and not turning this into frag city like my previous nano =).  

I see you are still staying true to your goals, it looks great!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

On vacation and house sitter sent me a pic of the flame angel dead, stick to the overflow.  Sigh.

Oh no :( poor Angel. 

Well, except for that part, the tank looks awesome!

• Like 1

Came home last night and this morning all fish dead.  Clownfish that I had for almost 4 years and the sole reason why I even kept the nano up and running...dead.  Neon dottyback, dead.  No idea why.  Last thing I added was the potter wrasse 3 weeks ago that I already moved to the big tank last week and is doing fine.  

21 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Came home last night and this morning all fish dead.  Clownfish that I had for almost 4 years and the sole reason why I even kept the nano up and running...dead.  Neon dottyback, dead.  No idea why.  Last thing I added was the potter wrasse 3 weeks ago that I already moved to the big tank last week and is doing fine.  

Oh man, that stinks!!!  Sorry about that :(

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Oh no!! Jacky I'm so sorry!! You had the flame in there - was it that by chance? 

The flame did die first but I had it for a month almost and it's been eating like a pig.  

17 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Sorry about the fish ninja. Assumed the corals/inverts aren't showing any sign of stress either? 

All corals are looking fine.  I am going to run fishless for 8 weeks in case it was ich but I never saw a speck of white on any of the fish.

myarmolich
3 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

All corals are looking fine.  I am going to run fishless for 8 weeks in case it was ich but I never saw a speck of white on any of the fish.

thats the frustrating thing about this hobby. sometimes life just gives ya the finger :/

• Like 1