Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

6 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Yea, I am ready to throw in the towel....hahah.  I will try increasing phosphate one last time for 2 weeks and see how it goes.  Knowing my luck, the tank will get a massive algae bloom.

I got consistent-to-permanent bubbles when I used to dose Aquavitro eighth.four. It is technically their alk supplement, but it also raised my tank pH to >8.2 all the time - so I’m thinking higher pH?  Since this tank is so small, maybe you can try Aquavitro calcification and eight.four combo for your 2-part dosing for a little bit? It’s a little pricey, but should still be roughly the same price as Red Sea Ca/Alk, or a tad bit more depending on your LFS.  Aquavitro is a LFS-only brand, so they don’t have to try to compete with online pricing. 

and also slightly higher blue light spectrum seems to help in my experience. Your tank looks really warm right now, not sure if that’s just for photos or if that’s how you’ve been running this one. 

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ZR2 said:

What’s are those tree looking corals? Those are awesome looking!

They are gorgonians.  I moved most of them to my big display tank as there weren't enough nutrients in this nano to support them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frag city 😆. I have a frag island. 

On 12/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, ninjamyst said:

And we have bubbles!!!  The bigger bta got too bad so removed it for now.  Otherwise the other ones are starting to bubble up!  

DSC_4511-01.jpeg

love the bubbles. 

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, mipster said:

What do you think was the trick that got your BTA to bubble back up? This tank was one of the inspirations to go with the Evo. One of the local LSF even has a photo of your tank on their website lol https://fragbox.ca/fluval-sea-evo-marine-aquarium-kit-13-5-gallons/

I think it's a combination of low flow, stronger blue lighting, aminos, and higher calcium and alk.  But all that is also causing green cyano on the sandbed and coralline on the glass...hence no FTS

And I can't believe they using my photo....without permission!  hahahha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

CSB? Lemondrop? 

just regular rainbows.  Local reefer is switching to SPS and wanted them out.  Literally was giving them away for free but I gave him some easy SPS frags as testers.  Promised him a walt disney frag once conditions are right.

Slowly building up the nem stocks for my future clownfish harem tank =)

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...