Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

Awesome! It seems like that maintenance has not changed much from the Spec V to this Evo 12 and that you keep the bioload low through vigorous and consistent water changes.

yes, water change is the key along with not feeding too much. i still have a bit of cyano right now but expected for a new transfer tank.

i dont have much rock in the display but i have a bunch of Seachem Matrix biomedia and MarinePure spheres in the back chamber. Also running Chemipure Blue but going to switch to just carbon + phosguard when I run out of Chemipure Blue.

• Like 1

yes, water change is the key along with not feeding too much. i still have a bit of cyano right now but expected for a new transfer tank.

i dont have much rock in the display but i have a bunch of Seachem Matrix biomedia and MarinePure spheres in the back chamber. Also running Chemipure Blue but going to switch to just carbon + phosguard when I run out of Chemipure Blue.

I did notice that you were running Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen in the Spec V.

From what I've read, Blue combines both the elite and purigen.

I'm still not sure what to run but my list consists of filter floss -> chemipure blue -> some sort of biomedia

How do you decide what to run? Is there are reason you're making filtration changes? Any recommendations to my setup?

• 2 weeks later...

Not much has changed....except I added a Coral Beauty and Carpenter Flasher Wrasse =P. Don't worry, they are both going to the Red Sea Reefer after another week. The Coral Beauty is not eating though so that scares me. She keeps swimming back and forth facing the glass. I may prazipro this tank or move the Coral Beauty to a QT tank.

FTS after water change. Gorgonians are closed up.

30163032041_00f4e854fb_z.jpg

• Like 17

Dosed Prazipro tonight. Hope all goes well. In other news, I saw my pom pom crab the other night. It has been almost a month since I last saw it. I thought it was dead. I threw away a body....wtf....

This used to happen to me all the time with mine :lol:

Good luck with the Prazipro!

• Like 2

Damn, it's been a while.. This new setup looks fantastic bro! I absolutely love your attention to the details, all the little things count - and the simplicity. So clean and minimal.. Your tanks are all truly works of art in your home. Hope you're doing well man!

• Like 1

I have this setup in the early stages. I'm going to upgrade the pump for sure. It's pretty weak. Are you having any issues running the floss in chamber one?

• Like 1

Dosed Prazipro tonight. Hope all goes well. In other news, I saw my pom pom crab the other night. It has been almost a month since I last saw it. I thought it was dead. I threw away a body....wtf....

Hahaha...it fooled you :). I have an old old one in my tank and I see it once every couple of weeks. I can't believe it's still alive. I hope it makes the transfer for me. They are so secretive and good at hiding. I'll have to be extra careful.
  • Like 3

NO!!! What the hell! I swear- you have jumping fish, I have ich repeatedly. We seriously need a win- win situation.

:( what the heck with all the suicidal fish lately?

another fish jumped today from the big tank. very frustrating day. sigh. i usually have a top on both of the tanks when i am not home, but both jumped after i came home.

i feel like i need to go an anger management class soon....blah

another fish jumped today from the big tank. very frustrating day. sigh. i usually have a top on both of the tanks when i am not home, but both jumped after i came home.

i feel like i need to go an anger management class soon....blah

Did you make your lid? I made one the other day. First time for a rimless tank and I really can't even see it on the tank. I think you need to leave one on 24/7.

And sorry :grouphug:

• Like 2

mine is on 23/7 now. an hour off for feeding / water change / etc =P

Crap, that reminds me, I left the covers off after I fed the tanks an hour ago :o

• Like 4

I love this tank. I hope to get my tank looking this good. I did have temperature problems with leaving the hood on. The mj1200 will fit but running at 20 watts will heat up the water.

• Like 1

Oh man, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear about the fish!

I had a Lubbock's wrasse before...it was my favorite fish right after my Foxface who had tons of personality.

Came home one day and found the wrasse all dried up...never did figure out how it got past my plexiglass lid.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of updates.

• Caught the neon dottyback from the big tank and banished him to here. Looking to sell him locally.
  • Added a small torch from the big tank too.
  • Installed Smart Micro ATO today.
  • Cyano still on sandbed, oh well

30509874722_13ce66d4e4_z.jpg

• Like 9