Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

4 months since your last WC? 

10 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

But what would be affecting the fish so badly and not the corals?

It is actually easier (and much cheaper) to do a 100% water change, especially now that I finally got some more salt in. I might do that at some point soon. Been I think four months?

jedimasterben
30 minutes ago, William said:

4 months since your last WC? 

Yep. Pretty sure it was November something. It's here in the thread somewhere as I remember snapping a couple pics while everything was drained.

jedimasterben
3 hours ago, William said:

You only do 100% wc?

Not quite, but almost. My water change capacity is 30 gallons, so that is what I do. So really it's about a 75ish percent change.

jedimasterben
48 minutes ago, William said:

Maybe I'm old fashion, but maybe more frequent, smaller water changes might also help...

With what, though? I've never seen any data showing that fish notice any difference from water changes in a well-filtered aquarium since they do not rely on dissolved elements.

jedimasterben

Got a trio of these two weeks ago, the same day that I got the new pack of LRS Reef Frenzy. Three days later, they were waking up at around 2-3PM and were acting interested in LRS, and then the next day they were chasing and eating it. A couple of days later, one of them disappeared (as expected with leopard wrasses), but the remaining two started eating pellets and are okay today :)

32970665083_82297313a1_o.jpg

33742734146_526dd5b87f_o.jpg

kissy kissy.

32970666233_671192a56c_o.jpg

• Like 11
jedimasterben
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Nice! Everything stable now after the weird Ph thing?

Seems like it. And of course now several of my leathers all want to shed :lol:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

That moment when you have a Gyre that's too powerful for your tank but does a damn good job mixing salt.

33765244466_ecfd452cb9_b.jpg

Somewhere around a 28-30 gallon change all done.

33421063460_3765c35153_b.jpg

Also, kittens. The mom moved them, though, and we can't find the stripey head one :(

33421041780_1b0129f48c_b.jpg

• Like 7
  • 2 months later...
jedimasterben

Tank is still up. Took about 30 minutes to scrape the glass, by hand with the Flipper since it isn't strong enough to remove the coating of algae that's accumulated in the last month or so that i haven't scraped it. Been going through some shit so everything has been on autopilot and I've really skimped on feeding.

• Like 4
jedimasterben
2 minutes ago, markalot said:

Good to hear from you, hope everything works out.

Thanks mark, i'll make it :)

• Like 1
Are you still using your Canon SL1? Liking it?

I'm looking at getting a rig, and that is one camera that I haven't dropped off my list, regardless how many others I research. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

jedimasterben
2 hours ago, cnseekatz said:
Are you still using your Canon SL1? Liking it?

I'm looking at getting a rig, and that is one camera that I haven't dropped off my list, regardless how many others I research. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I haven't touched in a little while, but I do still like it. Pics are a little noisy when ISO is set over 800 though.

10 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

I haven't touched in a little while, but I do still like it. Pics are a little noisy when ISO is set over 800 though.

Same with the Nikon, 800 seems to be the magic ISO.  

• 3 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Cleaned the glass again today, had to really scrape hard again. Actually had pink coralline growing on the glass itself. it's so weird actually seeing coralline growth. My 40 breeder had exactly three spots of coralline grow, and none of my tanks before that had any. I guess literally not touching it is what does the trick.

I did buy a skunk tilefish (Hoplolatius marcosi) and a dispar anthias (Pseudanthias dispar) today. Both got kind of excited when I fed some LRS to the tank tonight, but both still are hiding.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Decided to go ahead and pull the few corals and gorgonians out of the little tank and put them into this one. Four clusters of zoanthids, three ricordea, one St Thomas mushroom, and four gorgonians. Barely have the want to deal with one tank, much less two, so it's easier this way.

Tilefish and dispar anthias are both still doing well. Tilefish is eating pellets now and is coming out more, the anthias still likes to hide a lot, though eats whenever it sees anything float by.

Here is a cell pic showing the change, tank is cloudy from bubbles thanks to the skimmer overflowing from the epoxy.

35631489722_cc304b0f9c_h.jpg

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

Decided to go ahead and pull the few corals and gorgonians out of the little tank and put them into this one. Four clusters of zoanthids, three ricordea, one St Thomas mushroom, and four gorgonians. Barely have the want to deal with one tank, much less two, so it's easier this way.

Tilefish and dispar anthias are both still doing well. Tilefish is eating pellets now and is coming out more, the anthias still likes to hide a lot, though eats whenever it sees anything float by.

Here is a cell pic showing the change, tank is cloudy from bubbles thanks to the skimmer overflowing from the epoxy.

35631489722_cc304b0f9c_h.jpg

Love this tank!

....and the Tile.