Pod Your Reef

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Yeah, see that's pretty bad @$$ right there! You can totally handle a drill :D

I was multi-tasking. Holding the camera in one hand, the drill in the other. You know, cuz I'm ambi-dextrose!!!

• Like 3

I was multi-tasking. Holding the camera in one hand, the drill in the other. You know, cuz I'm ambi-dextrose!!!

If you can use both hands well, your Amphibian

• Like 1

haha. I figured I couldn't be the only corny one!

At least you understand a warped sense of humor. if I told my wife something like that, she'd just roll her eyes and walk away shaking her head. Hahah.

• Like 2

20160331_221418_zpshfrv5vfs.jpg

It was 8pm and I hadn't heard from my neighbor so I decide to go to Lowes, he texts me at 8:30 if he can come over in a few. I say I'll be home in 5. He was here for 2 hrs. Anyway, it's done.

Now all I have to do is sync it up. But that'll be tomorrow, I didn't even eat dinner yet.

And delivery of rock is tomorrow to work. Yeah, cutting it close. SO...one Brute is filled with heated salted water. I need to get the other out now and start filling & heating.

So April Fool's Day it'll be wet. I'm not superstitious though I think my neighbor is now nervous after I told him about the light, told him how wonderful you all were, including the vendors.

I have Tropic Eden Live Reeflakes Sand 20lb, I hear I don't have to rinse that one but the Mesoflakes 30lb is not live, so I need to rinse that tonight.
But first, need to get some cold pizza from the fridge.
  • Like 9

Oh, and I have to find/buy a glasses repair kit because I have to remove the blue protective covers on the light and it uses a tiny Phillips screwdriver.

Looks great! so did you hit anything or just sheetrock up there?

Because the heat/vent is right there, we had to take off the vent cover because the screw on the left side was hitting something after going through the sheet rock/dry wall. But he got it. Now he's nervous after I told him the price of it. Most people are appalled at the prices of the reef lighting cuz they genuinely had no clue about the general costs. So he's worried and doesn't want it to fall, I'm sure it won't.

• Like 3

I know, isn't it great!

I have tons to do when I come home tomorrow. Rinse out the one substrate and put both in the tank, add water and start putting the rocks in. And make another brute of water right away. I can't wait to get it going. Oh, and I have to link the controller but it's late, got side tracked talking to a friend of mine that bought her 3 BR townhouse 5 mins away, so we're only 2 mos apart on our buying a town home adventure and being single.

Just checked tracking on my rocks.......

Date/Time
Activity Location
4/01/2016 - Friday
12:46 am Departed FedEx location

CHARLOTTE, NC

So I should def have it tomorrow. Charlotte's 2.5 hrs away.

Yey Me!!!

• Like 4
My tiny reef

I know, isn't it great!

I have tons to do when I come home tomorrow. Rinse out the one substrate and put both in the tank, add water and start putting the rocks in. And make another brute of water right away. I can't wait to get it going. Oh, and I have to link the controller but it's late, got side tracked talking to a friend of mine that bought her 3 BR townhouse 5 mins away, so we're only 2 mos apart on our buying a town home adventure and being single.

Just checked tracking on my rocks.......

Date/Time Activity Location

4/01/2016 - Friday 12:46 am Departed FedEx location

CHARLOTTE, NC

So I should def have it tomorrow. Charlotte's 2.5 hrs away.

Yey Me!!!

Yay! You are going to have a very busy, but fun and exciting weekend!

• Like 1

Oh, and I have to find/buy a glasses repair kit because I have to remove the blue protective covers on the light and it uses a tiny Phillips screwdriver.

No you dont! It will just peel right right off!

• Like 3

FlowerMama! That looks Amazing!

You are, believe it or not, quite handy!

I am glad that U finally got ur light hung :)

• Like 1

20160331_221418_zpshfrv5vfs.jpg

It was 8pm and I hadn't heard from my neighbor so I decide to go to Lowes, he texts me at 8:30 if he can come over in a few. I say I'll be home in 5. He was here for 2 hrs. Anyway, it's done.

Now all I have to do is sync it up. But that'll be tomorrow, I didn't even eat dinner yet.

And delivery of rock is tomorrow to work. Yeah, cutting it close. SO...one Brute is filled with heated salted water. I need to get the other out now and start filling & heating.

So April Fool's Day it'll be wet. I'm not superstitious though I think my neighbor is now nervous after I told him about the light, told him how wonderful you all were, including the vendors.

I have Tropic Eden Live Reeflakes Sand 20lb, I hear I don't have to rinse that one but the Mesoflakes 30lb is not live, so I need to rinse that tonight.

But first, need to get some cold pizza from the fridge.

Looks awesome! Where did you order the rock from?
  • Like 2

No you dont! It will just peel right right off!

Well, I didn't know it was Peel and Play!!! ha ha. I'm not so bright about these things but I know the light will be!!!

• Like 2

See Gertie's video for a treat she got today.

Work was horrificly busy so my rock shipment from Dan at Gulf Live Rock just blew me away. I'm posting every pic. No words. I did tell him this was a rock nem, leather & softie, gorg, macro tank. He delivered!!!!

First, what my condo living room is like.

20160401_014440_zpsgxf708az.jpg

20160401_014506_zpsjx0ugecr.jpg

The tank

20160401_182545_zpsqhcqczrp.jpg

I think a deflated yellow ball sponge.

20160401_184409_zps9jv9woz2.jpg

20160401_184836_zpsbmjjzbyk.jpg

20160401_184940_zpsqdupujxu.jpg

a black sponge maybe?

20160401_185055_zpsl9gp5xnk.jpg

20160401_185216_zpscwo7awm6.jpg

20160401_185503_zpskotkl8zc.jpg

An entire gorg on it's own island. It's like a foot long.

20160401_185705_zpscdvwoqkt.jpg

Cute fuzzy red sponge. Its so bright.

20160401_190005_zpsyfi84gd4.jpg

probably a 2" rose coral and I think I see a limpet below?

20160401_190155_zpsx6ae0nwy.jpg

I don't know what the shiny brown is

20160401_190550_zpsgxdbgwak.jpg

a turned view of it so you can see more

20160401_190606_zpsstmn4clb.jpg

huge bivalve and oh my, I think I just noticed I have one underneath it too!

20160401_190834_zpsodmzntur.jpg

same rock

20160401_190840_zpsar7e0lg5.jpg

and same rock

20160401_190846_zps4cmrhu65.jpg

They didn't make it

20160401_191111_zpsprjn7lah.jpg

Tank is just under half full, warming up a 5 gal bucket while I make some more in the Brute. Gonna get a heater in the tank and then after that some flow.

20160401_202404_zpsztrvekjw.jpg

• Like 6
Mr. Microscope

Oh my goodness Annette! I can't believe all of your poor livestock! So sorry to hear about the crash. :grouphug:

I'm super excited for your new build though. Can't wait to see what hitchhikers survived in that amazing rock. And, wow about the light! Very nice!

Following :happy:

• Like 2

Rock looks great! Hopefully not much die off.

Poor mantis :(

I know they were cute light pink, I never saw light pink before. There very little water in the box, whereas KPAquatics puts a good amount. They could have survived had there been water in the bottom maybe.

Yeah, I'm going to have to find an ammonia kit, keep it low enough for it to become nitrites & nitrates but not so strong where it isn't healthy. Who knows, maybe the macro algae will help it.

I'm just wondering if I should take the rock w/ the gorg and the rock w/ the rose coral and put it in Gertie's tank for more likelihood of survival while it cycles. I can't imagine it would be too bad for Gert's tank. Good or bad idea?

Oh my goodness Annette! I can't believe all of your poor livestock! So sorry to hear about the crash. :grouphug:

I'm super excited for your new build though. Can't wait to see what hitchhikers survived in that amazing rock. And, wow about the light! Very nice!

Following :happy:

OH thanks, it was just horrible but the wonderful people here put up a collection and truly helped me out and I'll always be grateful. And whenever I look at or work in it, it I'll know it was from my nano-family across the states.

• Like 4

I know they were cute light pink, I never saw light pink before. There very little water in the box, whereas KPAquatics puts a good amount. They could have survived had there been water in the bottom maybe.

Yeah, I'm going to have to find an ammonia kit, keep it low enough for it to become nitrites & nitrates but not so strong where it isn't healthy. Who knows, maybe the macro algae will help it.

I'm just wondering if I should take the rock w/ the gorg and the rock w/ the rose coral and put it in Gertie's tank for more likelihood of survival while it cycles. I can't imagine it would be too bad for Gert's tank. Good or bad idea?

OH thanks, it was just horrible but the wonderful people here put up a collection and truly helped me out and I'll always be grateful. And whenever I look at or work in it, it I'll know it was from my nano-family across the states.

The light pink could have been since they were dead.

Not sure why but freshwater ghost shrimp turn pink when they die.

• Like 1