ReefCleaners.org

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

I mean, hell, I just couldn't tell which end was which!

Looks better than I would have thought and I know it hasn't stretched yet!!!!!!

20161213_215254_zpshanyz4qr.jpg.

I'm so glad you got this beauty!! Now we all get to see it grow and thrive in your tank!

• Like 2

I'm so glad you got this beauty!! Now we all get to see it grow and thrive in your tank!

I love sharing my flowers with everyone. They make me happy. And I've very curious to know if it's male or female and what it may or may not result in. This certainly is a total experiment. I fed all the babies eggs tonight.

• Like 1

I have four Bali RFA nems in my tank and notice they do behave slightly differently to the regulars. Word of warning though, i think there sting is more potent that the regulars, one in particular was touching a regular that was stretching away from it. After a few weeks i finally moved it and this state it was in.

DSCF3346_zpsi5rmdmty.jpg

After moving it has made a full recovery..

Do you know the genders of yours yet?

Here are the Caribbean. So small compared to the others but they'e so bright! The orange is not showing itself right here with what my eyes see. That yellow is highlighter yelllow!

20161213_184300_zpsv0bj7ulr.jpg

20161213_182340_zpsefjpazcr.jpg

You can see how dirty the top of the substrate by trying to feed all these tiny little things.

Look at the difference with the nem on the left.

20161213_180244_zpsimlgmf1g.jpg

The Bali nem, I can't tell what it's doing. It looks like a lump but the lump has been changing shape. I was told it could take several days before bali nems open. Just weird, all inverted in itself.

20161213_182408_zpsfhgqqsg4.jpg

20161213_181319_zpsrkz6bj8y.jpg

Hi Annette,

When I got them in from Bali they took about 3-4 days to fully open. Glad to see they opened so quick for you!

Still has a little bit more to expand though...you'll see in the coming days.

BTW, the yellows are really hard to get on pics. They almost always come out green. There are some that we have to photograph several times just to get even close to what they look like.

Enjoy them and thanks for your support!

Frank

Very pretty!

Maybe you can produce one of your own like that fingerscrossed.

Those are really hard to come by. Maybe one or two every batch of 300!

• Like 4

Do you know the genders of yours yet?

I know maybe 10 out of 50 or so. Majority of mine i got last year and are now approaching breeding size so should have a better idea by middle of next year.

Army o' hermit crabs will take care of that sandbed for you. Scarlet and blue-leg hermits seem to be the best easy-to-find foragers, although the latter can be a bit aggressive with some types of snails. Ideal mix would be Scarlet, Red-striped & Polkadot hermits - all steady feeders, all prone to leaving decorative macro & snails alone, all tend to stay small.

Downside being finding the last two - KP aquatics would probably be the best bet. I've found all of mine mixed in with large lots of scarlet, red/blue leg hermits.

As for the liquid foods & finding the balance point between feeding and cyano/dino blooms, I haven't used any aside from live phyto 2-3 times a week. The small particulates for corals & nems come from the V2O zooplankton blend, the Larrys RF nano blend's drippings and the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. You may need stuff like oysterfeast more for any gorgonians you have, though.

I really love those bali nem pictures you and getmealemon keep posting. Pity about the sting, though... I just don;t have enough space to go mixed on these. I also drool over the selection you're getting from VIP/gotcorals - I have got to convince people here to do a group buy as we just don;t have anythign like that coloration/selection at those prices. "Green/white" and "Orange/white" get marked as "Ultra" in these parts. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Oh, I forgot to add more pics last night. Sorry, it opened yesterday, I was shocked how quick it happened.

And, ha, so I put it on its head and it had to turn around.

20161213_214203_zps7adiwtak.jpg

20161213_214244_zps9aztvwik.jpg

20161213_215254_zpshanyz4qr.jpg

• Like 1

I'm tired, forgot I did put pics up last night. Oh well, it was certainly more odd. the regular ones were soft and limp while the Bali was so inverted on itself and hard that originally I thought maybe it was dying. No, they're just different.

Oh, yeah, I gave some hermits to Gertie. I'll have to get some more for the substrate. It bothers me when they crawl over the baby nems while they're cleaning. I do have a couple in my 10g. I just need to get some more.

Hi Annette,

When I got them in from Bali they took about 3-4 days to fully open. Glad to see they opened so quick for you!

Still has a little bit more to expand though...you'll see in the coming days.

BTW, the yellows are really hard to get on pics. They almost always come out green. There are some that we have to photograph several times just to get even close to what they look like.

Enjoy them and thanks for your support!

Frank

Those are really hard to come by. Maybe one or two every batch of 300!

That's nuts!!! I think it helps knowing how rare a color combination can be. And then we know why those lovelies are scooped up so quick.

• Like 1

Thanks, yeah, I agree, that's why I get like 3- 4 so I can avoid shipping. And that's how your collection grows!

I still wonder who bought this pretty. This one reminds me of ric coloring.

post-92787-0-61828200-1481344152_thumb.j

Absolutely stunning. I have a very similar one but without the purple around the mouth. It is still quarter size though. Need to stop by vip reef again this week to get me a xmas nem :)

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning. I have a very similar one but without the purple around the mouth. It is still quarter size though. Need to stop by vip reef again this week to get me a xmas nem :)

I wonder who got it. I bet you'll pick up a couple beauties! You can't pick just one!

I'm jealous you know that you can just waltz in there & take a look!!! You & Harry over there. I did visit the previous shop. That was the biggest lfs I've ever been in and I was impressed with the cleanliness, beauty & variety of all his corals/fish/inverts.

• Like 1

I wonder who got it. I bet you'll pick up a couple beauties! You can't pick just one!

I'm jealous you know that you can just waltz in there & take a look!!! You & Harry over there. I did visit the previous shop. That was the biggest lfs I've ever been in and I was impressed with the cleanliness, beauty & variety of all his corals/fish/inverts.

I'd rather be farther away TBH :) and it is a great place.... Also, their nem display tank is something else for sure.

I am being pretty selective on what i buy at this point because i will have my hands full when mine grow out. But i look forward to finding a nice gem when i go in the next few days :)

• Like 1

Wow! So is that something that was produced in captivity or are you finding them out on the reef?

Found in the reef.

I'd rather be farther away TBH :) and it is a great place.... Also, their nem display tank is something else for sure.

Thanks!

I still wonder who bought this pretty. This one reminds me of ric coloring.

post-92787-0-61828200-1481344152_thumb.j

Sold on our website, but not a NR member.

• Like 4

Found in the reef.

Thanks!

Sold on our website, but not a NR member.

Hahaha Darn, hoping someone here got it so we could get a pic now & then. I know, we're horrible in this group!!

• Like 1

Well, with that last male spawning I had I'm hoping for some females to spawn mid week around 1/11. My birthday is 1/15. That would be precious to have more babies and find out hopefully who more females are. I've not once though seen the female release so they're keeping it private in the dark. So be it. I'm not going to bother them of course. This first batch had 4 categories it seems.

Deep orangish-red

Yellow

Green

lavender/white/grey

I also want to find the whitest white.

• Like 2