Pod Your Reef

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Here are the nems that came in today!!! They've only been in for like 30 mins. I have 29 now.

20161228_181656_zpsikoqgscs.jpg

This was the biggest, like 2" already.

20161228_181708_zpszvusijlh.jpg

And this one is prettier than I think the picture as I see more of a blue too and green.

20161228_181712_zpsslkgdx4v.jpg

20161228_181730_zps7fk0tora.jpg

You can always tell who the newbie is!!!

20161228_181743_zpsbqarmk6z.jpg

20161228_181749_zpsdk3u3tg4.jpg

20161228_181754_zpslahlp2x3.jpg

20161228_181758_zpsamoirrlz.jpg

• Like 9

Oh, and the 2 biggest nems are the ones w/ the purple in the tentacles. Both like 1/4", all others still small and have puny looking tentacles. They look much more fragile than the others. I still find 45 of the 60 I had and it's been 36 days that I've kept those alive. They still grow so slow that at any time I still feel you could lose them by them getting covered up or something.

• Like 2

Beautiful new nems! I've always loved the longnose hawkfish, too. Is he out all the time?

Yes, he's out all the time which I love.

• Like 1

Want :wub:

This was the first joy for my new tank. When I found this rose coral coming to life after being a skeleton. And then the baby. Couldn't be happier. I will say I had a wonderful 2016 as I was able to start the tank again due to everyone's help, and then the male and female spawnings.

And guess what, the new nem, the red with blue/green in the middle, I just saw spawn tonight so he's a boy. He was 2" when I received it Wed so I was hoping I'd find out soon.

But this is what I found out quickly last Wednesday! I have gall stones. I acclimated and wanted to take a nap and bam, got this constant pain in my chest. I was worried as I have high bp. Had my mom come over with some aspirin and take me to hospital. Have gall stones and thick lining of gall bladder walls. I was in pain for 7 dang hrs before they got drugs into me. I was dehydrated and they couldn't get into my veins. So they finally stuck my hip with some Diladid. Thankful for that.

I was released Friday evening with a referral to a surgical associates location in Asheville. So hopefully it will come out soon. But that was not fun having no food & no drink for all day until 10:30 at night or so after tests. I'm still trying to drink enough as my bp machine won't read so I'm still dehydrated. I thought maybe it's batteries so my neighbor brought me 4 fresh AA and it didn't work. I'm not taking my bp meds since I can't read my machine. I was high when I went into the hospital but they managed to make it so low they couldn't do a stress test and they weren't pumping me with fluids.

• Like 3

This was the first joy for my new tank. When I found this rose coral coming to life after being a skeleton. And then the baby. Couldn't be happier. I will say I had a wonderful 2016 as I was able to start the tank again due to everyone's help, and then the male and female spawnings.

And guess what, the new nem, the red with blue/green in the middle, I just saw spawn tonight so he's a boy. He was 2" when I received it Wed so I was hoping I'd find out soon.

But this is what I found out quickly last Wednesday! I have gall stones. I acclimated and wanted to take a nap and bam, got this constant pain in my chest. I was worried as I have high bp. Had my mom come over with some aspirin and take me to hospital. Have gall stones and thick lining of gall bladder walls. I was in pain for 7 dang hrs before they got drugs into me. I was dehydrated and they couldn't get into my veins. So they finally stuck my hip with some Diladid. Thankful for that.

I was released Friday evening with a referral to a surgical associates location in Asheville. So hopefully it will come out soon. But that was not fun having no food & no drink for all day until 10:30 at night or so after tests. I'm still trying to drink enough as my bp machine won't read so I'm still dehydrated. I thought maybe it's batteries so my neighbor brought me 4 fresh AA and it didn't work. I'm not taking my bp meds since I can't read my machine. I was high when I went into the hospital but they managed to make it so low they couldn't do a stress test and they weren't pumping me with fluids.

sorry to hear about the gall stones but i really love the rose coral too!

• Like 1

Yeah, the rose coral is pretty sweet :wub:.

Oh wow...sounds painful :(. Sorry you are going through that. I just looked it up as I didn't know anything about gall stones. Did they give you something to dissolve them?

• Like 1

Man, your nems are chubsters! Make mine look like dust bunnies! Everything looks great.

I just feed them once every 4 days or so. Oh, reminds me, I need to feed today. I've been confused with my days w/ the hospital visit & all.

Beautiful nems - always fun getting new ones! Hope you start feeling better!

It always is fun getting new ones! Thanks, I still feel weak as I went in to the hospital dehydrated and was then dehydrated some more at the hospital so I'm trying to drink more & get my strength up. I'll feel better when I know this gall bladder is out!!

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

I just feed them once every 4 days or so. Oh, reminds me, I need to feed today. I've been confused with my days w/ the hospital visit & all.

It always is fun getting new ones! Thanks, I still feel weak as I went in to the hospital dehydrated and was then dehydrated some more at the hospital so I'm trying to drink more & get my strength up. I'll feel better when I know this gall bladder is out!!

Get well soon!

Dang I am surprised you got dilaudid and they let you loose.......They gave me that and I slept for 24 hours in the hospital.....

Get to that dr and get it figured out.

• Like 1

Dang I am surprised you got dilaudid and they let you loose.......They gave me that and I slept for 24 hours in the hospital.....

Get to that dr and get it figured out.

Unfortunately, they didn't give me any prescription. So if I have more pain I'm SOL. Luckily, my general practitioner already received paperwork to her office that I was in the hospital so she knows about them and I see her the 5th for an appt that was just about getting my bp meds corrected.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the gallstones, Annette! Sounds like you've had a rough time with them. Hope they get you fixed up fast!

Yeah, hopefully they will. I try to eat a paleo diet but succeed only 60-70% of the time. I read people who do paleo have stated they'd have ultrasounds come back stating smaller gall stones so they can dissolve over time. I do like some pizza here & there. My understanding is no greasy foods or you'll be quick to hit the bathroom. That's fine, I'll just make sure I do home fries baked and not in oil. I don't typically eat deep fried things. I'm sure if I did I'll be taught that lesson right away.

I use coconut oil also instead of bad oils. But if anyone has had their gall bladder removed and you want to tell me how it went for you, or what you wish you knew before hand or you may have reconsidered, send me a pm. I guess I thought you'd need supplements to assist in any breakdown of fats since your body would not be doing it anymore. 2 people I spoke w/ said they've received no supplements.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, they didn't give me any prescription. So if I have more pain I'm SOL. Luckily, my general practitioner already received paperwork to her office that I was in the hospital so she knows about them and I see her the 5th for an appt that was just about getting my bp meds corrected.

Oh I hated the pain meds.......and the dilaudid is only a shot as far as I know.

I think I still have 50 pain pills left......Drs kept telling me oh let me get you another prescription and I was no I am fine I still have some......

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had it only once, they gave it to me in the hip because they dehydrated me so much and couldn't find my veins.

Another spawning. Not as pretty as the last but the same 5 that spawned 12/04 did it now 01/02 plus one more so looks like monthly. I'm hoping to clean the sand before another female spawning. I figured it'd put me like 2nd week of January.

It's more of me yelling at my clown than anything.

• Like 2

Yeah, the rose coral is pretty sweet :wub:.

Oh wow...sounds painful :(. Sorry you are going through that. I just looked it up as I didn't know anything about gall stones. Did they give you something to dissolve them?

No.

Ouch, Annette . My sister went through that - so not fun! Hope you get the gallstones resolved quickly.

Yeah, my mother just told me my cousin didn't go for immediate removal and her gallbladder was infected/inflamed and she landed herself 5 more days in the hospital.

Yeah, my mother just told me my cousin didn't go for immediate removal and her gallbladder was infected/inflamed and she landed herself 5 more days in the hospital.

I think most are outpatient now IF there are no complications- when Frank had shoulder reconstruction a couple of years ago I was shocked - we sat with a couple in their 70s while waiting for him to be taken in and the man was there for gallbladder removal. An hour and a half after the man was taken back he came walking out! My fil had his removed 20 years ago and it was an overnight stay in the hospital. Times have changed. Just get it checked soon!
  • Like 1

I think most are outpatient now IF there are no complications- when Frank had shoulder reconstruction a couple of years ago I was shocked - we sat with a couple in their 70s while waiting for him to be taken in and the man was there for gallbladder removal. An hour and a half after the man was taken back he came walking out! My fil had his removed 20 years ago and it was an overnight stay in the hospital. Times have changed. Just get it checked soon!

Definitely, the referral was already made to the surgical center. I'm calling tomorrow as Fri they didn't receive it yet and then Thurs I see my general practicioner for a try of some new bp meds since the Toprol is only bringing my bottom numbers to the mid 80s-90s and she wants it lower.

• Like 1

I just went on eBay and saw this. With shipping it was 25.98 for a 3" piece so great deal. Willing to try the corky since you all said it was easy and I'm feeding the tank so much due to the babies, it should do ok. I've not done well w/ gorgs in the past but I thought this one as fluffy as it is would be as fluffy as my branching gsp and look pretty.

CorkyFinger_zpsj8zzx7ya.jpg

We have 3" of snow right now. They are saying 4-7. We'll see how much we get. Also, I've had no gall bladder pain since the 2 day trip to the hospital but am still going w/ the outpatient surgery as soon as I can, they're supposed to call me in 2 wks so that seems to be the wait.

Tomorrow I'm doing some substrate cleaning which should help the white top layer come back also. Have to clean it before new babies come next week.

• Like 3