inTank Media Baskets

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Looking great! If you can get 'em eating more of that 60-odd will stick around... especially those that have found nicely-lit shallow crevices to settle into. You have such a nice mix of tentacle types - will be really cool to see what develops color-wise over the next few months.

Since I started feeding them V2O's Zooplankton, DrG's decapsulated brine shrimp eggs & cyclopeze/calanus (for the larger baby anemones) the attrition rate finally dropped off and they've started coloring up nicely. Still have about 8-9 of the original batch of 30-ish from a few months back and about 4 more that were recently born from the spawning back in late September/early October.

As for fish - maybe something like a pair of Springer's Damsels? Pretty coloration, tough, inexpensive, active open-water swimmers & the least a$$-h0lish of the damsels. ;)

• Like 3

Yeah, I turn off the pumps & skimmer and then feed and leave off for the night except flow so everyone has a better chance to eat and spawn at night w/o getting sucked through the skimmer. Then skimmer & hob start up again in the morning to clean the water.

What's hard is the substrate turns brown from the food (same as walls that I razor) I'm adding and I can't stir the substrate but I want to make sure I don't get cyano but I can't put the flow too strong cuz of the babies.

I'm feeding a variety:

• I've got the frozen hatched brine shrimp eggs
  • Cyclopeeze
  • Phytofeast
  • Oyster Feast
  • Coral Frenzy
  • Reef Bugs
  • And when larger I'll have the scallops, shrimp, jumbo mysis like I feed the adults.

I'd like to see pics of your babies!!!!!

I like your idea about S'pringers, they'd be a nice pop of blue in the tank, and like you said, open swimmers.

I just ordered these from VIP Reef. I always save the online picture. His wife takes such amazing pictures of the nems. What you get is always what you see.

I love the rainbows but I wonder if 2 rainbows together would birth a less than pretty rainbow, you know. I have a few rainbows mostly of the same color. So I decided on some primary colors. I did pick up one of Frank's Bali nems, want to see if those tentacles make for some interesting mix of tentacles later with the regular nems.

AnemoneRed_zps1ziwcz5t.jpg

AnemoneOrange_zpsed8uk7zz.jpg

AnemoneYellow_zpsbjzllw8h.jpg

BaliAnemone_zpsdddcyeta.jpg

• Like 5

Pretty!!! Seems a surge of RFA love is going around again :D.

It sure is. If I can grow these babies to a cm then I'll have to put them in my 10g, make it a grow out tank. Right now all that's in there is the green acid bta, 2 frogspawn, a rock of Double D palys and assorted mushrooms and the Cherub angel. They could probably go into Gert's tank perhaps. Or I could sell off some items locally.

I sure hope that while I'm feeding all this miniscule food that it doesn't cause algae & cyano. I'll have to do a 20-25% water change this next weekend to help make sure. It'll also be a week then since the fish were back in. The clowns are enjoying more space, they explore together.

Looking good! not even sure mine have spawned since going into the 10.......I probably made them mad with the change.

Maybe that last male spawning I had happened due to the change in temp so fast. I'm kinda believing so, spawn to save the species kinda thing??

• Like 1

Maybe that last male spawning I had happened due to the change in temp so fast. I'm kinda believing so, spawn to save the species kinda thing??

Well the other day I turned off the pumps and heater to feed and forgot to turn it back on :wacko: tank was at 68 in the morning...........I seem to do that every once in a while.......

• Like 1

Well the other day I turned off the pumps and heater to feed and forgot to turn it back on :wacko: tank was at 68 in the morning...........I seem to do that every once in a while.......

Yep, that's exactly what I did, took some pics and forgot to turn back on. So you might have a spawning then. I NOW have labeled them all so I know which is the heater, skimmer, hob. I freaked out when I saw the temperature. Was everything in your tank ok?

• Like 1

Yep, that's exactly what I did, took some pics and forgot to turn back on. So you might have a spawning then. I NOW have labeled them all so I know which is the heater, skimmer, hob. I freaked out when I saw the temperature. Was everything in your tank ok?

Yes everything seems fine so far. I have one switch that kills everything but the light. I should probably change that......

• Like 2

Why turn off heater to feed? Your fish only will eat with cooler water? :huh:

• Like 1

I had picked two out, held them in my cart for a few hours, and now one of them sold. Can't justify $50 shipping for just one, and I don't have room for many more so I have to be picky. Ill have to be quicker next time!!

The ones you picked out are lovely!!

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't have them labeled so I just turned off a few things & unknowingly got heater off.

Yeah, I didn't have them labeled so I just turned off a few things & unknowingly got heater off.

Oh! I once did kind of the same thing by turning off the pumps in my AIO so the rear chambers got to 80 and the tank like 63 :o

I had picked two out, held them in my cart for a few hours, and now one of them sold. Can't justify $50 shipping for just one, and I don't have room for many more so I have to be picky. Ill have to be quicker next time!!

The ones you picked out are lovely!!

Thanks, yeah, I agree, that's why I get like 3- 4 so I can avoid shipping. And that's how your collection grows!

I still wonder who bought this pretty. This one reminds me of ric coloring.

post-92787-0-61828200-1481344152_thumb.j

• Like 3

Did you really read it all :unsure::P only one switch and that kills everything but the light.......I have no choice it kills the heater and the pump as I don't want to pull plugs. I hate watching food go into the overflow.

• Like 2

Thanks, yeah, I agree, that's why I get like 3- 4 so I can avoid shipping. And that's how your collection grows!

I still wonder who bought this pretty. This one reminds me of ric coloring.

post-92787-0-61828200-1481344152_thumb.j

This reminds me of 3 yumas he has...

DSC_6065__63853.1476315237.220.290.jpg?c

DSC_6068__39662.1476318121.220.290.jpg?c

DSC_6073__11813.1476318173.220.290.jpg?c

Looking good! not even sure mine have spawned since going into the 10.......I probably made them mad with the change.

Tomorrow's a full moon so maybe you'll have some spawning activity tonight or tomorrow. Just to make sure turn off your skimmer for night. Maybe they'll get lucky!!!

• Like 3

Tomorrow's a full moon so maybe you'll have some spawning activity tonight or tomorrow. Just to make sure turn off your skimmer for night. Maybe they'll get lucky!!!

No skimmer on the tank. Just a simple IM 10 but thinking of gong to a red sea nano..........

• Like 1

I fed the mamas & papas tonight. Tomorrow's a full moon, wonder if they'll be any new males showing off???

I made some tiny itsy scraps to feed the babies. Like they can hold but doubtful how much they are actually taking in to eat.

This one's on the pale side but still beautiful to me. Don't think I took a pic of this one before. But I love the ribbed tentacles reaching for light or food or who knows what.

20161212_203502_zpsxutwdmj1.jpg

But look, this one now has a distinct white/yellow center that was not there the other day, then green, then purple. I think we know FlowerMama isn't letting this one go! My largest baby. I'm already so fond of it. I don't know how people do this. And those pimples are purple it seems, just sooooo cool. Good God how do people do this with puppies they breed???

20161212_203440_zpsxgmc1fzs.jpg

• Like 6

Here are the Caribbean. So small compared to the others but they'e so bright! The orange is not showing itself right here with what my eyes see. That yellow is highlighter yelllow!

20161213_184300_zpsv0bj7ulr.jpg

20161213_182340_zpsefjpazcr.jpg

You can see how dirty the top of the substrate by trying to feed all these tiny little things.

Look at the difference with the nem on the left.

20161213_180244_zpsimlgmf1g.jpg

The Bali nem, I can't tell what it's doing. It looks like a lump but the lump has been changing shape. I was told it could take several days before bali nems open. Just weird, all inverted in itself.

20161213_182408_zpsfhgqqsg4.jpg

20161213_181319_zpsrkz6bj8y.jpg

• Like 3

I have four Bali RFA nems in my tank and notice they do behave slightly differently to the regulars. Word of warning though, i think there sting is more potent that the regulars, one in particular was touching a regular that was stretching away from it. After a few weeks i finally moved it and this state it was in.

DSCF3346_zpsi5rmdmty.jpg

After moving it has made a full recovery..

• Like 1

I have four Bali RFA nems in my tank and notice they do behave slightly differently to the regulars. Word of warning though, i think there sting is more potent that the regulars, one in particular was touching a regular that was stretching away from it. After a few weeks i finally moved it and this state it was in.

DSCF3346_zpsi5rmdmty.jpg

After moving it has made a full recovery..

Ooh, I'd like to see a pic of them. I've only seen the ones on VIPs site. I've seen nems float into acan & brains & melt.

• Like 1

So apparently I put it on its head, not being able to see anything, or being able to tell.

20161213_214203_zps7adiwtak.jpg

So I turned it right side up. And again, as I can see, it's gonna look spot on like the pic. Frank's wife is so fantastic at capturing the nems just the way they'll be in your tank.

20161213_214244_zps9aztvwik.jpg

• Like 2

HEADSTAND!

I mean, hell, I just couldn't tell which end was which!

Looks better than I would have thought and I know it hasn't stretched yet!!!!!!

20161213_215254_zpshanyz4qr.jpg.

• Like 4