Cultivated Reef

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Here are the biggest, the 1/4". Now I don't know which I like better.

20170107_171234_zpssmbsfm0q.jpg

20170107_170707_zpsm8zzgy2y.jpg

Here are 2 in that left corner now. One is stuffing his face.

20170107_171327_zpsfqd5jcge.jpg

And another different one there.

20170107_171352_zpsesmxl3lm.jpg

So so so so soooo very cool :D.
  • Like 3

I'm tired. I should be feeding today, both parents & babies but I didn't have my phone yesterday evening, I left it at work, and when I went to work today my mom emailed my workplace, instead of home yesterday, and my dad had full stroke, not a mini stroke this time, so my emotions were more elevated today. So work was exhausting and then I find that out. Yeah, so I have gall stones and then my dad a week later has a stroke, mom's had a helluva b-day 1/2 and me coming up 1/15.

Thanks everyone. :wub: He came home today however there are some issues. The biggest is the stroke has made it difficult for him to drink. I guess his tongue wants to push it the wrong way so It wants to go down the wrong tube, and you don't need liquids, or food in your lungs. So mom will have to use a thickener for when he drinks, which means it'll make tea and coffee probably pretty nasty. Which means he will become dehydrated pretty quickly cuz he won't want to thicken those things or water even. And my parents otherwise drink a little apple juice or orange juice. That's it. They are not soda drinkers at all. So I worry about dehydration because how can thickened liquids really taste that good?. And that with bp and congestive heart failure is not a good mix.

Additionally, he's forgetting in which hand he's supposed to use his cane. They're going to have someone come out weekly for speech therapy and she said home health will come out I guess to assess what he needs? My mom is there full-time, they're both retired. So I don't all know, and neither does mom, all that's happening. And mom has to see a dr about her back, shots don't work so they're talking TENS unit at this point. I told her part B covers it.

Time for me to feed the parents & babies. And hope for a spawning tomorrow!!.

• Like 1

Love the babies. Sorry to hear about family issues. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Thanks Dave. Let's hope for some more babies. They love these lights, the males are spawning once a month. I think they all love my schedule though I don't know if it's the best or worst but since they're responding, we'll just leave it alone!

Also, I hope to see some pink in some babies sometime. I have these 2 which are nice pink.

20170111_205835_zpsr0uz8jq2.jpg

20170111_205826_zps2cbm554v.jpg

While feeding I found another 1/4" nem that was hiding under the skirt of another.

It also does not have spindly white but chubby wubby greenish tentacles like baby thighs. I think it looks blue in the middle.

20170111_210126_zpsirji1hvg.jpg

Or maybe this pic is better, I don't know.

20170111_213744_zpsbvgkxciu.jpg

• Like 5

Lo siento, madre de las flores.

Soy poco triste. A veces es dificil. Hablo poquito pero no bastante to hacer trabajo en espanol or I could have a little pay raise. Pharmacy/claim wording in spanish,

I think that new nem is either 2 shades of green and blue in the middle, or it's green, yellow, blue. I can't tell.

What's hard is I have a rock that has maybe 6 nems on it but the macro is holding tight to that rock too and it's covering some of the nems, so I'm picking the red macro off so I can feed the nems.

• Like 2

Your RFAs are so colorful. I need to pick up some more for my tank.

I don't know why, but they're like potato chips to me. You can't have just one. When I started this hobby I thought, i love zoas- nope, acans next- nope. Just nothing took off for me but these. And I'm so glad it's nems. It takes like 6 mos to grow them to dime size. Lots of hand feeding love. I feed all my nems by hand. I want to make sure all are fed, that I give them variety and I want to prevent any babies from just moving away & shrinking. On days I feed, I always feed them before I feed myself dinner. I have to go mark the calendar that I fed them just now. I missed writing it down. I fed the 2nd, and I fed today but I KNOW I had fed between there. Gotta go backwards and see if I noted it here.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your dad Annette :(. I know exactly what you are going through. My mother has had 3 major strokes in the last 5 years. Speech therapy and physical therapy will really help him and his brain will relearn stuff he has lost. My mom couldn't tell me what you do at a stop sign when she had her first stroke. She lost mobility in her right arm and still has problems with her speech but she is able to take care of herself and she lives on her own. Wishing you all the best! If you need any help or advice shoot me a pm.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about your dad Annette :(. I know exactly what you are going through. My mother has had 3 major strokes in the last 5 years. Speech therapy and physical therapy will really help him and his brain will relearn stuff he has lost. My mom couldn't tell me what you do at a stop sign when she had her first stroke. She lost mobility in her right arm and still has problems with her speech but she is able to take care of herself and she lives on her own. Wishing you all the best! If you need any help or advice shoot me a pm.

Thanks Lawn. Except for a bad back my mom is very mobile, very strong, but I'm glad home health will be coming out to see what they can do. I'm sure little things here & there will come out and we'll notice something's not quite there. I used to crochet in a little shop w/ a lady, she was only in her lower 50s, got a stroke, she had to relearn how to crochet, her mind knew what to do, but she couldn't make it happen, she was so dang fast, this time now she even holds it different and manipulates it now as fast as she did. So I know some things will get better.

He even said he wanted to say something but couldn't get it to happen right away, was delayed. It all started like 8 yrs ago, my husband was still alive and my dad had fallen in the basement off a stool/table while changing an overhead light bulb. Don't know if he had a stroke and then fell and broke half his ribs on the table, or if he fell due to balance, then had a stroke, etc. Anyway, since that time he's had little ones year by year. This is the first one that wasn't minor. Hopefully they'll be able to tell my mom more when the neurologist is seen. Thanks again. I just put a post on my mom's FB page, a work friend sent it to me in a message- a man that had a stroke hit his frontal lobe, never felt the emotion sadness again. My dad has been depressed ever since he found out yrs back that he had macular degeneration. So that makes it difficult also. That would be a dream if that happened.

• Like 1

Oh geez...so sorry to read about your father, Annette :(. Hugs to you and your whole family. Do you know what your mom is using to thicken his liquids? Just off the top of my head, what about yogurt? People make smoothies with yogurt. Just put some water and juice with it perhaps? Just an idea. Hopefully he can re-learn what he has lost, soon.

• Like 1

Sending prayers to your family!

Thank You. It's been crazy. 2 weeks ago I'm in emergency for 7 hrs with chest pains and find out I have gallstones. And then my dad has a stroke. It's his 8th stroke, but this is the first time he had a clot to the brain and not his heart. He's had only mini strokes.

I just came from their home. His speech and thinking are better than I thought. I don't believe he'll need much speech therapy. He can still walk short distances without a cane and still uses his cane. It has made him more tired. I could tell when he was hugging me upon seeing me that it was a warmer hug if that makes sense, one that had more feeling. So, he was happy to see me.

Oh geez...so sorry to read about your father, Annette :(. Hugs to you and your whole family. Do you know what your mom is using to thicken his liquids? Just off the top of my head, what about yogurt? People make smoothies with yogurt. Just put some water and juice with it perhaps? Just an idea. Hopefully he can re-learn what he has lost, soon.

Thank You Gena. My mom bought some kind of food thickener for him they recommended from the pharmacy. I didn't hear him complain yet. His motor skills don't seem affected from what I saw.

• Like 4

I turned on the photo mode quickly for my tank when I came home. Just checking. Nothing yet. Mom knows they're important to me and she sometimes asks how they are. However, the females are changing shape so maybe they're gearing up to burp them out. I guess it's important to me too because I don't have any children, and I put daily effort into them, so I'm proud I've been able to keep them going since Thanksgiving. I will be getting that shallow tank & stand delivered tomorrow through Saturday sometime.

Having a strange time with life right now. I go on bp meds myself a month ago, then have the gall bladder attack, dad's stroke and I know that as much as I was the best wife, friend and caretaker for my husband 4.5 yrs ago, if he was here he'd be all over me asking if he could help me with anything. Just made me more lonely tonight. :( No more husband, not dating anyone and my dog greeting me when I come home after work means so much. And again, reefing is there to help. It's there to help keep my mind busy and not think about stupid shit that makes me sad, like I'm grieving myself if that makes sense??? I got a verbal warning at work for absences 3 days over the gall bladder and bp meds that made me incapacitated to go to work. And my birthday is Sunday, 46, and I don't even care.

• Like 4

Hang in there, Annette! :flower:

I just went to therapy. 5 more nems have been purchased from my favorite!

DSC_8166__04038.1484267061.220.290_zpsvv

DSC_8115__06083.1484270460.220.290_zpsbw

DSC_8160__06042.1484267121.220.290_zpsjf

DSC_8156__55637.1484271326.220.290_zps8w

DSC_8154__07424.1484267222.220.290_zpspn

While I have 2 pinks already I wanted to increase my chances of making pink some day. After the first female spawning I have an abundance of yellow/green, orange/red, & a few whites, those 2 with purplish tentacles and then my first baby with green tentacles. I hope my ladies give me some babies tonight or sometime this week. I really look forward to the discovery! It gives me...something to take care of. Gives me purpose and joy.

• Like 7