inTank Media Baskets

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

On 7/28/2017 at 9:09 PM, _badger said:

The magnet side attached to the skimmer should pop off by pinching the little clips. I used that as the external magnet, and superglued the blue magnet on to the side of the skimmer body. It's really easy, and fits nicely in the return chamber.

15012903502421879566712.jpg

This is a great idea! Where did you get the blue magnet?

Just now, seeingred said:

This is a great idea! Where did you get the blue magnet?

Never mind!  Just reversed the magnets that came with the skimmer...  dumb question...

Excited to join in, mine comes in tomorrow! Not sure if I want to cycle the new tank before moving everything over from my Fusion 10, or just move it over and hope for little to no cycle.

Also, how much sand is everyone doing in theirs?

On 7/31/2017 at 6:32 AM, schgr.cube said:

Excited to join in, mine comes in tomorrow! Not sure if I want to cycle the new tank before moving everything over from my Fusion 10, or just move it over and hope for little to no cycle.

Also, how much sand is everyone doing in theirs?

I just used a 20lb bag for my tank and it seemed to be perfect. 

19 hours ago, _badger said:

I bought a 30# bag and used probably 3/4 of it to make it 1/2"-3/4" deep.

6 minutes ago, coreyisag said:

I just used a 20lb bag for my tank and it seemed to be perfect. 

Thank you both for the responses! I bought 20 lbs so far, might pick up a third bag and not open it until I'm sure.

Is anybody running an algae reactor with theirs?

I'm thinking about getting one of the Aquamaxx kits from Marine Depot and feeding the return directly into the display return line so maybe pods and other goodies drift directly into the display without getting chopped up by the pump.

wesley42079
On 4/12/2017 at 6:35 AM, Nart said:

We need a bigger bucket guys :)

This whole life style of topping off a 5G bucket just isn't cutting it. ATO for a ATO reservoir?

Hello Nart, I happened to stumble on your YouTube videos last week when I was doing a little recon work for the IM 25 lagoon. 

I enjoyed watching your 1st video when your tank arrived. I would have been happy too, ti see my tank waiting for me aftet a long day of work.

Keep posting updated videos of your tank.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:22 AM, kimberbee said:

68-70 usually. And there is a ceiling fan on constantly in the room as well. 

Hello Kimberbee. I have also been watchi g your YouTube videos.  I like how you keep your water crystal clear.

By the way, please post more videos of Aurora the Pom Pom crab.

• Like 1

Forgot to post that I started mine up, here is the tank thread:

Initial aquascape:

36407061165_e7db904080_k.jpg

I ended up using 30lbs of sand. I might take out a tiny bit, but I feel pretty good with where it is depth-wise.

@wesley42079 Ahh - appreciate it man. Yeah, I just do those video updates to take ya'll along my journey and documenting it. Be on a look out for a full-tank update soon!

Kimberbee is on the forums too? I've seen her videos and love it.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, wesley42079 said:

Hello Kimberbee. I have also been watchi g your YouTube videos.  I like how you keep your water crystal clear.

By the way, please post more videos of Aurora the Pom Pom crab.

Thanks! I need to get new videos up - summer has been way more busy that I'd planned! 

3 minutes ago, Nart said:

Kimberbee is on the forums too? I've seen her videos and love it.

Thanks!! :flower:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Thanks! I need to get new videos up - summer has been way more busy that I'd planned! 

Thanks!! :flower:

Make sure Elsa makes an appearance too! :D

• Like 1

Hi guys.   I'm excited to join the lagoon 25 club.   I'm currently leak testing my tank right now.   What heaters are you guys running.   And are you using a controller as well?   

45 minutes ago, new2reefin said:

Hi guys.   I'm excited to join the lagoon 25 club.   I'm currently leak testing my tank right now.   What heaters are you guys running.   And are you using a controller as well?   

I'm using the cobalt neo-therm 100w. The slim profile is really handy with the limited space in the back. I've used a neo-therm 50w in my IM10 for 2 years, and it's still up and running without any problems (knocking on wood)

Hey - So I found the perfect flow that work's for my mixed reef of softies, LPS, and easy SPS..... I combo'd my MJ1200 and upgraded one of the return nozzles to the spinstreams and it's working perfectly.

The spinstreams does reduce the flow somewhat, but it's still pretty powerful to support high-flow SPS corals right in it's flow direction.

All those negative reviews about it being loud is somewhat true... there's a ticking noise to it, kind of like a loud clock, but after 2-3 days the noise reduces by about 90%.

Now you can't even hear it unless you put your ears right up over the tank.

Just an FYI.

4 hours ago, Nart said:

+1 on the Cobalt Neo-therm 100W. Works really well in the IM25, slim feature is nice, and keeps the tank temperature pretty steady.

That's what I'm currently using on my 25 lagoon and it keeps the temperature steady 

flatlandreefer
7 minutes ago, new2reefin said:

Is there enough room to run 2 50 watt heaters instead of a single 100 watt heater. I think I like the safety factor of running duel heaters. 

Yes, I have two eheim heaters running in mine.  I attached this to an inkbird temp controller for an extra level of safety, I would hate for the least expensive piece of equipment to fry the whole tank.

• Like 1

For those running the Inkbird, how do you have it set up? The Inkbird can only control down to 1 degree Fahrenheit or .3 degrees celcius. Is there a way to make it control more precisely? 

flatlandreefer
25 minutes ago, HelenofTroy said:

For those running the Inkbird, how do you have it set up? The Inkbird can only control down to 1 degree Fahrenheit or .3 degrees celcius. Is there a way to make it control more precisely? 

No, I wish it was a little bit more precise but 1 degree is pretty good

Thanks, I'm going to go with two heaters for sure. I'm going to get a controller as well. If I go with two eheim's and a reef keeper its really not that much more than running duel cobalt neo therms. That's the direction I'm leaning right now.  Do a lot of people do any aquascaping with the rock protruding from the surface of the water? I really like the look of that. I even think I saw a picture where somebody was setting up a waterfall that flowed back into the tank? Can't remember where I saw it but I think it's a great idea.

• Like 1