Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

I love that you take pictures without all of the lights on. Very natural, like when i go diving and the morning sun is breaking through the water. (Not that i see any of those corals around here, but...).

HarryPotter
48 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I love that you take pictures without all of the lights on. Very natural, like when i go diving and the morning sun is breaking through the water. (Not that i see any of those corals around here, but...).

Thanks. Yeah, the morning natural sunlight is my favorite time to watch the tank. The colors aren’t as vibrant as with the fixture, but there is something special about everything “waking up” 

new page repost:

TVM8pEl.jpg

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Almost hitting the front- tank is 20 front to back! The momma clown (lower) is about 3 inches for scale :) 

chwMNeH.jpg

Rainbow montipora is a weed- it can’t outbattle the mushrooms directly, so it is trying to grow above it ?

TLtj0n0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
HarryPotter

Unfortunately, none of the encrustment-frags of that really cool acropora survived. They were so thin, I wonder if the heat of the superglue reaction hurt them. Oh well :( 

Im making this 48” x 48” walnut table, but I don’t have room in the workshop to store it while each layer of finish cures. Instead, I put it on top of our living room table- looks pretty sexy. My parents are considering having me make another like this to go there. The carpet is 15 years old and getting replaced soon. 

And yes, the sofas are denim! 

Z6pT5JC.jpg?1

• Like 4
HarryPotter

A bit of pretty colors! Love this yellow. 

r39O2A9.jpg

I broke a frag off this purple guy to see if I could cause it to grow. Polyps are back but I cant tell if it worked yet. 

EpJC0Md.jpg

A pretty purple and green "Stumpy" colony. Disc is about four inches wide, fully encrusted. You can see where I break frags off, but it really just doesn't want to branch!

FCtR3Yt.jpg

@markalot my forest is growing :blush:

I looked from this view and was like "Holy shit, I have real colonies!"

FHGxtL3.jpg

Cool center frag but its not yellow, blue distortion. 

6JCL8d1.jpg

zlnTlyX.jpg

Couldn't get a good photo of the purple mini colony. 

AHdfUtN.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 3
HarryPotter
11 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. 

The "like" feature cut way back on thread activity in a negative way I think. 

Maybe, people "like" instead of commenting I guess! I like to keep photos of it over time, but sometimes wonder if its worth it to do the edits, upload to imgur, and post here :unsure:. I guess at this point after years, its become almost a habit lol.

• Like 2
mitten_reef
42 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

A bit of pretty colors! Love this yellow. 

r39O2A9.jpg

I broke a frag off this purple guy to see if I could cause it to grow. Polyps are back but I cant tell if it worked yet. 

EpJC0Md.jpg

A pretty purple and green "Stumpy" colony. Disc is about four inches wide, fully encrusted. You can see where I break frags off, but it really just doesn't want to branch!

FCtR3Yt.jpg

@markalot my forest is growing :blush:

I looked from this view and was like "Holy shit, I have real colonies!"

FHGxtL3.jpg

Cool center frag but its not yellow, blue distortion. 

6JCL8d1.jpg

zlnTlyX.jpg

Couldn't get a good photo of the purple mini colony. 

AHdfUtN.jpg

Those are sweet acro growth!!!  That digi encrusting on frag rack is nuts. 

I think its a good / fun way to keep a tank log . Then for those that do provide feedback or comments sometimes can help with issues so it can be helpful. 

I just think its easier for people to click a button and move on instead of taking time to type a comment. I kust wonder how many threads die off because of it . My threads easily get 2-3x's more "likes" than comments and is a small part of why i never keep them updated. Starts to feel lile I'm talking to myself after a bit. 

16 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Maybe, people "like" instead of commenting I guess! I like to keep photos of it over time, but sometimes wonder if its worth it to do the edits, upload to imgur, and post here :unsure:. I guess at this point after years, its become almost a habit lol 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
34 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

YESSSS A HUMANNN!!!!!!

I was worried this was becoming a personal diary :blush:

5 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I think its a good / fun way to keep a tank log . Then for those that do provide feedback or comments sometimes can help with issues so it can be helpful. 

I just think its easier for people to click a button and move on instead of taking time to type a comment. I kust wonder how many threads die off because of it . My threads easily get 2-3x's more "likes" than comments and is a small part of why i never keep them updated. Starts to feel lile I'm talking to myself after a bit. 

I talk to myself for 90% of my 10 pages. Many of my questions usually go unanswered. ??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
HarryPotter
16 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Link ? 

You’re like 83 years old, 27 of those on nanoreef, and don’t know you can click his profile and then “topics”?!

• Haha 1
HarryPotter
27 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Those are sweet acro growth!!!  That digi encrusting on frag rack is nuts. 

That digi is freaking annoying! Some days I want to bleach the rack, others I “accidentally” break branches so I can fit plugs ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

That digi is freaking annoying! Some days I want to bleach the rack, others I “accidentally” break branches so I can fit plugs ?

Send the digi to me , I like them. 

5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

You’re like 83 years old, 27 of those on nanoreef, and don’t know you can click his profile and then “topics”?!

Too much work, easier to just click "like" 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
26 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Whats weird is that it seems like the member count (or at least new member activity) has gone up recently, lots of activity on question based threads. I’ve noticed that some members make new threads for every photo/question/new purchase they make, which tends to gets activity. It’s odd that there is seemingly less activity in the “build” areas. 

This is the only forum I’m active daily on, that’s why I post random shit like my woodworking in lawns lounge ?

• Like 1
HarryPotter
25 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

I talk to myself for 90% of my 10 pages. Many of my questions usually go unanswered. ??‍♂️

Add come clickbait to it to the title maybe? I’m considering it. **URGENT**

24 minutes ago, AvaS said:

The tank is looking absolutely amazing!! 

Thanks! How’s you’re little piece of the ocean coming along? 

2 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Send the digi to me , I like them. 

Too much work, easier to just click "like" 

By digi, you mean a 12” frag rack ?

mitten_reef
22 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Link ? 

4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

yeah, monti's do have that tendencies to overgrow its allowed space, my tank for example.  I just can't bring myself to butchering that big red plate. 

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Whats weird is that it seems like the member count (or at least new member activity) has gone up recently, lots of activity on question based threads. I’ve noticed that some members make new threads for every photo/question/new purchase they make, which tends to gets activity. It’s odd that there is seemingly less activity in the “build” areas. 

This is the only forum I’m active daily on, that’s why I post random shit like my woodworking in lawns lounge ?

The new thread for every pic / whats this crawling on my glass question has happened for as long as I can remember. Same thing happens on the jeep threads "what's the biggest tire I can fit with no lift?" 

The build area has taken a hit , as well as the livestock sales. There used to be constant activity there with really good prices (some would even give stuff away) but nothing in there these days. 

The lawn lounge is a different world, your wood is welcome there .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. 

The "like" feature cut way back on thread activity in a negative way I think. 

Agreed on so many levels. 

While  I love the fact that I have a bunch of people "liking" my pics and posts. I want meat, depth. Context. 

Oh, btw. Cool reef mang. Makes me miss my 150g. 

HarryPotter
4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

The new thread for every pic / whats this crawling on my glass question has happened for as long as I can remember. Same thing happens on the jeep threads "what's the biggest tire I can fit with no lift?" 

The build area has taken a hit , as well as the livestock sales. There used to be constant activity there with really good prices (some would even give stuff away) but nothing in there these days. 

The lawn lounge is a different world, your wood is welcome there .

I must have not been around for an active livestock section.  Shipping is just so pricy; nobody wants to pay the $45 plus the cost of the corals. I sell frags locally for MAX $10 each- but in the classifieds with shipping it would end up as $65 for two- not a “great” deal. 

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350